“Solid unqiue 4 star city hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #19 of 48 hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York
“Solid unqiue 4 star city hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

The Hotel Minneapolis was a solid experience for a quick one-night trip to Minneapolis recently to see friends...

- All the comforts and consistency of the major chains (and backed by Marriott/Autograph collection), but with a bit more personality. Atmospheric lobby built out of an older structure.
- Newer-rooms that were well kept. I was upgraded to a two-room suite.....I've definitely stayed in more nicely furnished higher-tier places, this was solid in a four-star sort of way.
- Fine (for a 4-star US property) breakfast options.

My only complaints might be...
- A bit louder of a clientele than I might like...definitely some noise after 2 am in the hallways
- Good, relatively close location - but for many things might help to be a couple of blocks over towards Nicollet Mall, the heart of downtown, and the Warehouse District etc....although this would be closer than most other places to the Metrodome / future Vikings stadium.
- Hotel felt a bit "empty" in a way. My sense is that this property was a ~2005-2007 real estate boom sort of deal that perhaps, like some of the many hotels that opened downtown around that time, haven't quite lived up to their goals. Not really sure if it matters, but it means a understaffed (and customered) restaurant and bar. It means maybe not as much staffing elsewhere at the door, etc. That said, it was a summer weekend in Minnesota - not many people downtown in the first place. And that also helps with great rates.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

445 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Woodbury, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We decided to stay here during a week night after going to a show. I wanted to have a quiet morning and sleep until check out! This was going to be a rare treat for me. The hotel was nice, but looked very used. Parking was way too expensive, so we parked 4 blocks away to save over $30. In our room, we looked out of the window to a beautiful office building. We were able to watch people walking around at their desks....we pulled the shades. We got comfortable in our room and then realized that we needed some water. The vending machine on our floor and the floors around us were not filled. So, we called the front desk and was instructed to go to the main hotel store. At 11:00pm that is not what we wanted to do. During the night, there is a smoke detector on the wall that is like a strobe light. There are 2 green lights on either side of the detector that flashes every 4-5 seconds throughout the entire night, and it is right above the bed. I covered my head with a pillow, and was starting to fall asleep when the heat kicked on. Normally that wouldn't be a problem, but the humming of the heater was so loud. It sounded as if someone was using an electric razor in the bed next to me. The heater cover was rattling as well, which added to the noise. I decided to make the room very cold, so the heat wouldn't kick in. I finally was able to fall asleep and slept very well until 8:30, at which point a maid came into my room, while I was sleeping. She said she wanted to clean it, and apologized for coming in. Ugh. I tried to get back to sleep, which didn't work since the heater then kicked in again. I laid in bed for a little bit longer and then at 9:30, a different maid knocked on my door. I answered, and she asked if I was going to check out. The check out time was noon, so I didn't understand what the rush was. I was now angry, because we decided to go to a hotel that seemed to be higher quality so I could get a quiet, quality night sleep. I did not get that. I'm sure the hotel would be great for a office trip, but if you are looking to sleep in without a strobe light, loud heater and maids waking you up, find a Holiday Inn!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Allison S, General Manager at The Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback about your recent stay. I apologize that you were not able to have a restful and relaxing stay and understand how disappointing that was for you. Based on your feedback we are revisiting our housekeeping procedures as well as our preventative maintenance procedures to ensure our guests can have an uninterrupted stay. We will continue to work on our current practices until we are certain these issues have been addressed.
Again, please accept my sincerest apologies and thank you for the feedback.
Eau Claire, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

The room we had was spacious and clean. The beds were comfortable and the room was quiet. The location was excellent, and we were able to find overnight parking for only $4 at Downtown Auto Park, only a block away. The room service was not the greatest, but all in all, we had a very comfortable stay.

Stayed October 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I have stayed at this hotel numerous times. We love the location since it is about a 5-10 minute walk to the dome and also walking distance to some of the restaurants that we like. The rooms are great. We have only stayed or saw the rooms with just the king size bed. The bathroom is very nice, there is a fridge in the rooms, and a very large TV. We will definitely continue to stay here.

• Stayed October 2013
Omaha
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed Oct 4th and 5th. Comfortable room, nice hotel. Staff was friendly. The hotel is in a great location easy access to the skywalk. Parking cost too much. Double check your bill. Was charged for the restaurant and it wasn't mine.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Ishpeming, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed at The Hotel Minneapolis - Autograph Collection for one night with my husband and 2 small kids, with an adjoining room to my parents. We were in town for the Twin Cities marathon. The location was great (half mile from the Metrodom which was the start of the marathon) and easy to get to. We used valet parking for $30/night which was very convenient. There is garage parking near the hotel which is probably cheaper but not worth it for us when we are trying to get in and out with little kids. Hotel common area and rooms were very clean and modern. Service was amazing. They were very accommodating ensuring we had adjoining rooms and refrigerators in the room as requested (I don't think refrigerators are standard in every room). We were also given a late check-out which gave us time to get back and shower after the marathon. Rates were very reasonable and the best I could find in the area for that weekend. I would highly recommend this place and would stay here again if I return to Minneapolis.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Alexandria, Ky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a work conference. Very dramatic entrance, gorgeous rooms. Extremely comfortable bed and spacious bathroom. Felt very safe and clean. Very close to the light rail, easy to locate. The staff was ready to help with anything you might need, they greeted me every time I walked by. I would love to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013

Been to The Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!