“Work and Fun” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Omaha
“Work and Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed Oct 4th and 5th. Comfortable room, nice hotel. Staff was friendly. The hotel is in a great location easy access to the skywalk. Parking cost too much. Double check your bill. Was charged for the restaurant and it wasn't mine.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Ishpeming, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed at The Hotel Minneapolis - Autograph Collection for one night with my husband and 2 small kids, with an adjoining room to my parents. We were in town for the Twin Cities marathon. The location was great (half mile from the Metrodom which was the start of the marathon) and easy to get to. We used valet parking for $30/night which was very convenient. There is garage parking near the hotel which is probably cheaper but not worth it for us when we are trying to get in and out with little kids. Hotel common area and rooms were very clean and modern. Service was amazing. They were very accommodating ensuring we had adjoining rooms and refrigerators in the room as requested (I don't think refrigerators are standard in every room). We were also given a late check-out which gave us time to get back and shower after the marathon. Rates were very reasonable and the best I could find in the area for that weekend. I would highly recommend this place and would stay here again if I return to Minneapolis.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Alexandria, Ky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a work conference. Very dramatic entrance, gorgeous rooms. Extremely comfortable bed and spacious bathroom. Felt very safe and clean. Very close to the light rail, easy to locate. The staff was ready to help with anything you might need, they greeted me every time I walked by. I would love to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
Williston, North Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Great renovation made this a beautiful hotel. Although a few blocks from the beaten path, very convenient to everything downtown. Great desk staff, great valet staff.
Enjoyable appetizers on Friday happy hour, but avoid the restaurant for Sunday dinner. Worst steak I've had in awhile, requesting a plain potato instead of loaded is ignored, requesting no onions on the steak gives you a pile of fried onions mixed with the vegetables. That combined with a feeling you're inconveniencing the night bar staff talking with their regulars and co-workers. I'm pretty sure I won't stay there again, I'm sure there are more convenient hotels that serve bad steaks.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Allison S, General Manager at The Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We value our guest feedback as we are continually striving to make improvements throughout our hotel. I apologize that you had an unpleasant experience in our restaurant and didn't receive the food prepared the way you had specified. I have shared your feedback with our Food and Beverage team and are talking with our associates on how to keep the same kind of experience from happening again. I also appreciate the good feedback about some of our other associates and the rooms. We will celebrate those remarks with the team as well.
Again, I apologize for the trouble and inconvenience and hope that you will give us a chance to better serve you in the future.
Cary,Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We went up to Mpls for the University of Minnesota homecoming weekend. We looked on Expedia could not find many deals so called The Hotel Minneapolis directly. Rate was $210 which was on par with other hotels in the city. It far exceeded our expectations. It is located in an old bank building-was well laid out, beautiful rooms, super comfy beds and staff was outstanding. We would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Location:
- Near the light rail station, it only cost $1.75 a ride from the airport
- Near shops by restaurant by skyway, don’t need to be outside, if it’s rain or snow
Room:
- Asked for a higher floor, it’s more quiet
- Room is modern with high ceiling, bed is clean and comfortable
- Bathroom is nice with rain shower and good water pressure
Services
- Staff are nice, and helpful on getting my room and showing me where the restaurant location

Room Tip: higher floor to be more quite, call before you arrive