“A great hotel, but find another restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #18 of 49 hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Orlando, Florida
“A great hotel, but find another restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I stayed two nights recently during a business trip. Check-in was efficient and friendly. The room was spacious and clean, with nice decor and a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was large and contained all the necessary items (hair dryer, etc.). The hotel is located downtown, and is convenient to businesses and venues. I would have given the hotel a better rating, but my experience at the restaurant was disappointing.

My stay included breakfast at the restaurant, which was short-staffed each day. There was a long wait for food and poor service (due to the staffing issue). I recommend finding another restaurant.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

430 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Sutton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

This hotel is in the setting of an old bank,building, including the original vaults. Old class design with a modern touch. Very clean & comfortable. Friendly & helpful staff. Close to all the events at Target field, stadium & center. The transit line is one block from the hotel for moving both in & out of the city. NIce bar, good food

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This hotel was a great surprise hidden for us in downtown Minneapolis. The staff was exceptionally helpful, the rooms were new, clean, and very generously sized, which was especially surprising for a downtown city hotel.

Room Tip: I suspect that all rooms are good. All paking is valet, space might be limited for trucks.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel - actually an old bank building transformed into a boutique hotel. Lots of cool details, like the marble hall that houses the elevator bank with 2 marble columns, a gorgeous bar that serves excellent microbrew local beer, a nice fitness center on the 10th floor, and a really nice, courteous staff. My room was sumptuous and the bed comfortable, bathroom large and well designed. Only thing missing was a shaving mirror. Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Lovely property. Rooms nice and updated (particularly bedding - which is so very important). Customer service was great - all staff very friendly and helpful. Bathrooms spacious.
Had limited view, so that was bummer.
There was no concierge lounge for reward members (if there was, was not told).
Rated 4 stars as the lounge was closed for the weekend and one night the whole restaurant was closed for a private party. Not a lot of other options and that was a bit frustrating.
Housekeeping did not refresh coffee service in room, but hotel resolved immediately when notified.

Room Tip: Ask for room with a view, otherwise, limited feels a bit clautrophobic
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Roseville, Minnesota, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We live in Roseville, however, I was getting married and having out of town guests, one of which was my son from CA and wanted us all to be together etc. So that being said, I rented one room for my son and his girlfriend for three nights, one for my daughter and her friend also part of the wedding party for two nights and myself and my husband for two nights. The night before and our wedding night. So I prepaid for all of my rooms or so i thought. Had confirmation from all. My son got in late on Thursday night, I picked him off at the airport, dropped him off downtown, reminding him everything was prepaid and went home to my roseville home as i wasn't checking in to the next day. I get a call from my son, that they made him USE HIS check card for $677.00. $377.00 for the room and $300 for incidentals!! I called up and said there is a mistake, i prepaid and it should only have been $300.00. Oh and let me back up, we had a supposedly discounted rate for having our wedding block of rooms booked there. Besides the rooms i paid for, we had out of town people coming. When i tried to prepay they wouldn't let me prepay. I didnt want to have to pay a ton at the last minute for all of oru rooms. I had to book OUTSIDE our own wedding blocks to prepay and found out i found rooms CHEAPER then our so called discounted rate. Anyway, so the guy kept telling me he couldnt see any confirmation and i had to take it up with accounting in the am. I explained my son did not have that kind of $ and i would give him MY card even tho i shouldn't have to when the confirmation is there etc. He refused to take it over the phone. I had to get dressed, and go all the way back down there. He assured me that it was taken care of, put on mine taken off of his. I ALSO had to have a $677 pending (despite prepayment of the $300 plus for incendetals. I also had to do the same for my daughters and my own room.. so none of us used anything in incidentals and i was charged a 700 just in incidentals for all of us with the notice it would be put back on our acct when i didnt use it. Im on my honeymoon right now, its been days and I had to spend an hour this am trying to get this all resolves still.. AND ALSO only to find out that besides all of my charges, my sons was still on for $677.00 on top of it. Totally insane. When i went back, the man at the desk was so rude I couldn't believe it. He didnt care for a minute the stress he was causing. etc. It is a pretty hotel, the rooms are nice enough (could use more light) but you could not PAY me to stay here again. Also the $30 parking a night is ridiculous as well as charging for internet when so many offer it free. I will say that knowing it was our wedding night, we came back the one night to free bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries and that was really nice of them, but not enough to make up for all of the stress and the financial burden for all.

Room Tip: I was in the junior suite which is more $ but nicer rooms. So i am not sure of the other rooms. We w...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Allison S, General Manager at The Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your recent stay. I would like to apologize for the issues you and your family had upon arrival to the hotel with payment. It is obvious that our error made a large impact on your weekend and for that I am truly sorry. We have revisited our process for advance payment reservations and have implemented a new policy to keep issues like this from happening again. Again, I appreciate the feedback so we are able to continuously improve upon our guest services.
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This Hotel was a bank building on the past, design are well done, and most of their staff were friendly and well trained.

I recommend pay for the executive floor so you can be on the 10th floor very private location

The Restaurant is good and people are always warmly welcome you

Great option in DownTown

• Stayed August 2013

Been to The Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!