You added The Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection to your Saves list
GreenLeadersSilver level
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Lovely property. Rooms nice and updated (particularly bedding - which is so very important). Customer service was great - all staff very friendly and helpful. Bathrooms spacious.
Had limited view, so that was bummer.
There was no concierge lounge for reward members (if there was, was not told).
Rated 4 stars as the lounge was closed for the weekend and one night the whole restaurant was closed for a private party. Not a lot of other options and that was a bit frustrating.
Housekeeping did not refresh coffee service in room, but hotel resolved immediately when notified.

Room Tip: Ask for room with a view, otherwise, limited feels a bit clautrophobic
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Roseville, Minnesota, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We live in Roseville, however, I was getting married and having out of town guests, one of which was my son from CA and wanted us all to be together etc. So that being said, I rented one room for my son and his girlfriend for three nights, one for my daughter and her friend also part of the wedding party for two nights and myself and my husband for two nights. The night before and our wedding night. So I prepaid for all of my rooms or so i thought. Had confirmation from all. My son got in late on Thursday night, I picked him off at the airport, dropped him off downtown, reminding him everything was prepaid and went home to my roseville home as i wasn't checking in to the next day. I get a call from my son, that they made him USE HIS check card for $677.00. $377.00 for the room and $300 for incidentals!! I called up and said there is a mistake, i prepaid and it should only have been $300.00. Oh and let me back up, we had a supposedly discounted rate for having our wedding block of rooms booked there. Besides the rooms i paid for, we had out of town people coming. When i tried to prepay they wouldn't let me prepay. I didnt want to have to pay a ton at the last minute for all of oru rooms. I had to book OUTSIDE our own wedding blocks to prepay and found out i found rooms CHEAPER then our so called discounted rate. Anyway, so the guy kept telling me he couldnt see any confirmation and i had to take it up with accounting in the am. I explained my son did not have that kind of $ and i would give him MY card even tho i shouldn't have to when the confirmation is there etc. He refused to take it over the phone. I had to get dressed, and go all the way back down there. He assured me that it was taken care of, put on mine taken off of his. I ALSO had to have a $677 pending (despite prepayment of the $300 plus for incendetals. I also had to do the same for my daughters and my own room.. so none of us used anything in incidentals and i was charged a 700 just in incidentals for all of us with the notice it would be put back on our acct when i didnt use it. Im on my honeymoon right now, its been days and I had to spend an hour this am trying to get this all resolves still.. AND ALSO only to find out that besides all of my charges, my sons was still on for $677.00 on top of it. Totally insane. When i went back, the man at the desk was so rude I couldn't believe it. He didnt care for a minute the stress he was causing. etc. It is a pretty hotel, the rooms are nice enough (could use more light) but you could not PAY me to stay here again. Also the $30 parking a night is ridiculous as well as charging for internet when so many offer it free. I will say that knowing it was our wedding night, we came back the one night to free bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries and that was really nice of them, but not enough to make up for all of the stress and the financial burden for all.

Room Tip: I was in the junior suite which is more $ but nicer rooms. So i am not sure of the other rooms. We w...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Allison S, General Manager at The Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your recent stay. I would like to apologize for the issues you and your family had upon arrival to the hotel with payment. It is obvious that our error made a large impact on your weekend and for that I am truly sorry. We have revisited our process for advance payment reservations and have implemented a new policy to keep issues like this from happening again. Again, I appreciate the feedback so we are able to continuously improve upon our guest services.
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

This Hotel was a bank building on the past, design are well done, and most of their staff were friendly and well trained.

I recommend pay for the executive floor so you can be on the 10th floor very private location

The Restaurant is good and people are always warmly welcome you

Great option in DownTown

• Stayed August 2013
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The staff was snobbish and not very helpful. They couldn't figure out that my room was pre-paid, and asked for a $100 per night (I am here 4 nights) "incidentals charge" - no way am I spending $400 at the bar. I had checked luggage and had to go fetch it myself - they did offer to let me use their cart. I ordered a pizza - the front desk wouldn't let the guy deliver it (that is not uncommon) - but, there is no security on the elevators, he could have just come on upstairs. The front desk didn't even call my room.

The concierge lounge is...well, average. The light dinner at night is just plain BAD - two nights over sticky, overcooked, unflavorable spaghetti, stale crackers with cheese, and chex mix out of a tube machine. Breakfast was ok - just plain, nothing remarkable. They tell me the restaurant Max makes the food, and if so I would seek out a Golden Corral or Waffle House first :(.

The room I had was big - but the furniture was uncomfortable. The bathroom was big, but the normal-sized tub/shower had all kinds of handicapped equipment making it cramped. Housekeeping didn't replentish the soap or shampoo or mouthwash.

I am a Marriott Platinum member, and there are dozens of better hotels. This is one to skip, for the price. Check out the Renaissance Depot, the full-service Marriott or even the Residence Inn if you are brand-loyal. I guess to summarize, if this represented Marriott hotels overall, I would pick a different chain.

Room Tip: The hallways are weird for a hotel, the elevators are dirty. Don't stay on the second floor - i...
Green Features: I could really give a flying flip that their garbage cans are divided in 1/2 and that they don't wash the towels unless you ask them to.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Allison S, General Manager at The Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for giving your feedback about your recent stay. We continually strive to exceed our guests' expectations but it is obvious we weren't able to do so throughout your stay. I apologize that our service was not up to par and that we missed several opportunities to better serve you. We are always making changes to our offerings in the Concierge Lounge and will take your feedback into consideration when doing so.
Again, I apologize that you were not pleased with your experience. Should you be back in the Minneapolis area we would appreciate the opportunity to deliver a better experience.
Winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed here for two nights after finding a great deal on Hotwire. The hotel was very nice and within walking distance from anything we needed downtown. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the room was very spacious and comfortable. We were set up in a handicap room so I am not too sure what the other rooms were like however. I found the bed and pillows to be very comfortable as well.

My only complaint would be the lack of free wifi, but this is typical in hotels at this level so I was expecting it to be expensive. There are lots of places around here that offer free wifi so when we needed it we would go out.

The room was very quiet and we never heard any outside noise or from the hallways.

I would definitely consider staying here again when I am back in town as I come here regularly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Sibley, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The only parking was either pay $30.00 for valet parking of walk a block+ to pay to park. It was not mentioned on the website. They also say that there is a pool, according to the website, but there is none. My kids were very disappointed. The room was small, but the bed was comfortable. We got our room from Groupn, and they couldn't even find our reservation, first. It took a while.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Beautiful hotel that used to be a bank. Management works very hard to please the guest with there small rooms and limited food service. Great location away from downtown traffic. Parking is overpriced at 32 as night

Room Tip: 10th floor is the best
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple