You added The Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection to your Saves list
GreenLeadersSilver level
Seattle
“It was ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had high hopes for this hotel. After making my reservation I received several emails asking me if I needed anything upon arrival. The emails provided a person's name which I thought to be very effective in conveying a personal touch.

However, my arrival felt very transactional. Any goodwill generated by the emails was wiped out by the automaton checking me in.

The room was smallish and the furniture a little cheaper than I would have expected. The bed was good and I appreciated the plentiful, easily accessible outlets. My room was quiet and I did get a good night sleep.

The concierge level was ok. I will say there was not nearly enough food for either evening apps or breakfast. That was disappointing as was the fact you had to use your room key card to get DOWN. Now, I am not sure if hotels have a big problem with people randomly going up elevators. I can see that and understand why you would use your key to go up. I don't like it, but I understand.

However for the life of me I can't understand why I need to use a key to get down.

Anyway, it was an ok hotel. You get Marriott points for staying. I might return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel is located in downtown Minneapolis and is connected to the SkyWay which makes it very convenient in the winter. It is a short walk from the light rail which goes to the airport,
The lobby is very nice and conducive to meeting friends or colleagues, which I did most evenings. I stayed for 2 separate weeks in January and both rooms were comfortable and clean. One room had a nice view and the other wasn't great - facing another wall of rooms - but it didn't really detract from my stay. The wi-fi works well and the gym is small but had everything I needed.

I will definitely stay here again and since our company does business in MSP, I've recommended the hotel to my colleagues.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Winnipeg, Manitoba
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Great rate off hotwire for room downtown - valet service is about $30 per day, but OK given rate at hotel.
Close to Nicolett Mall, great restaurants and LRT for trips to Mall of America.
Great lobby area and biz area, well appointed with Mac products.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Rochester, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed one evening at The Hotel Minneapolis. We had never heard of it before and did not even know it existed. The property is beautiful. The lounge area is large and we were able to have guests there and relax and enjoy each others company. The hotel room is very spacious and the bathroom too. We were not in an accessible room, but the bathroom would have been easily used by someone with a disability.

The front desk person, Nick, was especially kind and helpful. He checked on us if we'd gotten a rollaway. He offered directions and he even offered to explain the bus system. He was so pleasant and fun.

We had appetizers and drinks at Max's. Very nice.

Only complaint was the front desk person on Sunday, March 10. Not sincere, nor overly helpful when we were looking for breakfast options.

This property is a little out of the way of the main downtown. Easily walkable though.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mandan, North Dakota, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I have had better service and amenities at a La Quinta, honestly. The hotel LOOKED nice, but service was very POOR. The lobby was beautifully decorated and the beds were very comfy, but the staff was awful. They were rude and condescending. They made us feel like trailer trash who were unfit for their hotel. We got no sleep because the walls were paper thin and we could literally hear everything our neighbor was doing and saying until 4 in the morning. The wi-fi was not free and there was no continental breakfast. These are important factors for the family on a budget and was not mentioned on the hotel website. There was no shuttle to and from the airport. They only had a very expensive car service on call. It was a very expensive ride to the Mall of America. At least at a La Quinta there is a free shuttle that will pick you up at the airport and take you wherever you want to go. They have free wi-fi and free breakfast, and most importantly the staff is friendly and accomodating. Something is seriously wrong with this hotel when they compare unfavorably with a La Quinta. This was supposed to be a nice hotel. Besides the beautiful decor, our stay here was AWEFUL.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Oh my - this place is nuts! The lobby is amazing - marble from the old bank.

Inspired: multiple Wine Stations are worth staying here for!

Pro: location, free internet - first floor, architecture, front desk staff, valets, food was good

Con: nothing

Return: you bet!

Found: via Priceline

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Stillwater, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed here for one night (wish it could have been more!) for an annual get-together with friends. The hotel is beautiful, staff were helpful and friendly, and the rooms were amazing! The layout is kind of weird with odd angles, but the best part is the bathrooms! Beautifully designed and huge. The bed was comfy and the hallways were quiet. I highly recommend this place, and will be back!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!