“Excellent beds, clean modern rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Double Rewards Points!
Ranked #27 of 45 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Hutchinson, Minnesota
“Excellent beds, clean modern rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

Very pleased with staff and accommodations. One of the best beds I have every slept on. Many time better than the one I have on my house! Clean, modern rooms. Rooms had nice views of downtown. Good location to area attractions. Cheap parking one block away at public ramp. $4 a day! I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
McKinney, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Hard to believe this hotel is a Marriott. Really attractive, inviting, unique place to stay while in downtown Minneapolis. Was an old elaborate bank, there are several converted vault rooms for dining, wine with original vaults still intact. Spent 5 nights, enjoyed the comfortable beds, total quiet and peaceful sleep. Exercise facility, newspaper, concierge floor breakfasts, all excellent. The restaurant offers delicious gourmet food and great vintages for dinner, however, the wait time is very, very long. The location, although downtown, is not exactly in the center of all the activity. Fine for me, since I enjoyed the quietude. Overall, I really enjoyed this hotel, and would definitely recommend to friends and will return next time I am in Minneapolis.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
West Menlo Park, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Minneapolis is cool. Literally. (Hey it's not where I would have chosen to be in February...!)

The Hotel Minneapolis is a very comfortable and quiet hotel in a renovated bank. The location was convenient to downtown and the hotel has a nice bar and restaurant. The bathroom is spacious and the room was immaculate overall. Great job, Marriott!

• Stayed February 2012
Thunder Bay, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

A nice surprise for a weekend of "wining and dining" in downtown Minneapolis. We felt very pampered for an awesome price through Priceline, even with the $30 per day add-on for the valet. Everything, from the most comfortable bed ever, to the wine-tasting in the lobby, to the friendly and helpful valets, to the convenient location, was perfect. Even though the room service breakfast was pricey, only due to the 20% gratutity and $3 delivery charge, we enjoyed the food and the convenience. The only drawback was the restaurant - Max, which was totally closed for a private party on the Saturday. Strange...we may have eaten there if it was available. My husband and I definitely look forward to a return visit.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

Booked a room with Priceline & scored a good deal. Friday was my first time here & I really liked it. Great new Concierge Lounge. Friendly staff. Great location & new modern decor. I loved the bathroom in our room & the products too! Another bonus was the ramp for $4 a night/day that is super close. We got downtown right around 5pm, parked, & didn't get our car until almost noon the next day & it was $8. Super cheap for downtown overnight parking! Our room was a bit small (king suite) but it was just what we needed. It's just not big enough to have guests really. Also, we liked the ambiance at Restaurant Max- we didn't eat there but enjoyed a couple drinks late night. I'd stay here again for sure. :)

Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a guys night on a Saturday night. I was very excited to stay here as I got a great deal on Hotwire ($70). The hotel lived up to it's billing that it is a beautiful hotel. The location is great for a guys weekend. We didn't bother using the valet at $30 for the night but instead parked in a garage right across the street for only $8 for the night. The bathroom was huge. The beds were beyond comfortable and the TV was nice. However, no ability to check out on the TV was a bit odd and an inconvenience.

The part that really irked me was the fact that when I called to make sure that we had 2 beds they told me that all of their reservations that are done on 3rd party websites are booked with a King bed! Not a big deal if you are going with your significant other but when it's a guys night it really doesn't work. So when I called and talked to the front desk they told me that it would be an additional $50 to upgrade to two beds. FIFTY BUCKS! That is absurd! They finally gave it to me for $30... which was still ridiculous. Apparently they only have 18 rooms in the entire building that have 2 beds. It turned a great deal into a normal night and I was thoroughly disappointed in this. I got the impression that they look down upon people that have booked on a 3rd party website.

Room Tip: Rooms booked on a 3rd party site are booked with King beds. There are only 18 rooms in the entire bu...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Deephaven
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

I thought that the room was nice although it was small. Our bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The bathroom was very nice. The hotel is beautifully decorated. I would give this a 4 star rating if not for the restaurant.
We bought the breakfast package and that was a major mistake. That goes down in history as the worst service ever in a restaurant and the food was not any better than a Super 8. The food had been sitting there for a long time. They could have had someone making omelets to order or even a waffle machine? When the server took our drink orders, she never came back and gave them to us. The waiter never appeared so we just helped ourselves to the buffet after sitting there awhile. After returning to our table we realized we would like something to drink so I went up to our server-- the one who took our order-- and asked for water for our table. She literally brought out one cup with two straws. I said, pointing to my husband, "Can he have some too?" She never realized that she didn't bring us our original drink orders. Again they never came to our table with the bill so we just left our breakfast voucher on the table and left. This was our Valentine weekend celebration and it could have been a little more special with a good breakfast. My recommendation is to stay in the hotel but to go elsewhere for breakfast.
Also-- it is $30 to have your car parked there. My husband decided to park across the street for about $5 and had a very difficult time getting back into that garage to retrieve his car on a freezing cold day. Maybe a few tips from the valet guy? I don't know.