You added The Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection to your Saves list
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cornwall On Hudson, New York
“Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

Once apparently a bank, the Hotel Minneapolis is chock-a-block with marble! Very tastefully done. We were told it was a DoubleTree before becoming what it is today...one of Marriott's autograph hotels. The room was small but very comfortable. Curious that there was only one terry robe in the closet. Management has done a great job in instructing all staff in customer service. To a person staff was friendly, polite and helpful. The concierge lounge has only been open for a couple of months and it is outstanding! The breakfast is full and delicious...hot and cold items. There are snacks and coffee available all day and in the evening they serve hot and cold hors d'ouvres along with tossed salad and bread...really enough to make a meal. On Wednesday evening they also toss in complimentary wine and cocktails. 1 1/2 blocks from the light rail and 2 blocks from Nicolette Mall (and the free downtown bus ride).

Room Tip: I guess just ask!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Houston, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

Wonderful Hotel, great price! Room was great, staff very friendly. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Great Concierge Lounge
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
St.Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

Recently I attended a convention and could not get into to the host hotel. I was put at the Hotel Minneapolis. While the concept is cool and the building is beautiful the location was less than desirable. It is very out of the way especially if you are attending a convention. Around the corner there are strip clubs and the area feel seedy. I had to take cabs each time which ranged from $6-15. Going back and forth can add up. It was not safe nor convenient to walk. The lobby is truly a work of art. It is an old bank building and very attractively decorated. I was very disapointed as I went to sit in the library to have a glass of wine at a self serve bar when getting a key to that bar became an act of Cogress. I went to the front desk gave my room key to request a key for the wine bar and was told I would need to go up to my room to get a drivers licence to show my home address. Being a Marriott Gold Member should have been enough information on file but it was not. The desk clerk was less than helpul and finally told me I could go across the lobby to another bar called Max's to order a glass of wine. That was fine , but it killed the ambiance of sitting in the library. Truly they could have cared a less. The rooms in the hotel are very loft , trendy. Beds are very comfortable and bathroom is quite large. The shower is cavernous and the shower head was a very light downward trickling spray. It took twice as long each day to get ready. I was anoyed to say the least. While the concept of this hotel is swank, honestly if I were going back to town to stay for pleasure it would not be my first choice of hotels to stay in. I just think for the price and location there are many other great options to consider.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011 via mobile

My Wife and I took a weekend jaunt to Minneapolis to see a concert and generally bum around. Wanting to keep the price down (and to add a sense of adventure), we used Hotwire to book our room. Selecting a $59 room downtown, we ended up getting the Hotel Minneapolis. The bargain of the century!

The location is excellent...walking distance to the Warehouse District, sports stadiums and downtown malls.

We parked for $4 for nice overnight parking 1 block away...super cheap.

Had breakfast at Lou Ann's Restaurant about 3 blocks away which was excellent as well.

I was taking photos in the lobby area adjacent to Max Restaurant in the hotel when one of the waiters approached me. I thought he was going to scold me for taking pictures inside their wine vault, but instead he gave me a history lesson on the building and told me about the other three vaults in the building (it was a bank in its original existence). Excellent, friendly service without a hiccup.

Nicest business center I've seen. 6-8 iMacs allowed for no waiting.

The room we had (437) was nice and quiet at the end of the hall. It was their "King Autograph" series. It had an alley view, but for the price I couldn't complain in the least. The room was very nice, the King Bed was OUTSTANDING, and the bathroom was one of the largest I've seen in a hotel.

I would DEFINITELY select the Hotel Minneapolis for our next stay.

• Stayed April 2011
Potomac, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

This is a nice hotel, I would give it more "stars" but for two major design flaws in the room. First, there is no bathtub, not itself a problem, but the shower has a glass door with an opening on the side away from the "faucet.". There is no way to turn on the shower without getting wet, and no way to adjust the temperature without either getting frozen or scalded or both.

Second, while there is plenty of light by the desk, there is virtually no light by the bed. If you like to read or work with your laptop in bed, you are out of luck, unless you want to drag the desk lamp over.

Overall, 3.5 stars, but if I have to choose between 3 and 4, I go with 3.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Plymouth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

We had a girls night out in Minneapolis and chose to think as our place to stay. It was reasonable - $109 per room with King Bed and everything seemed new and modern. One thing the rooms were lacking was a refrigerator. Other than that, we had everything we needed! We also had drinks at the hotel restaurant before heading out - great atmosphere. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend to others!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

Having read the reviews here, I wonder about those who didn't absolutely love this place because I sure did. The front desk staff were incredibly warm and welcoming. I arrived earlier than the check-in time, hoping to merely drop off my bag, as I had some extra time to wander and explore the city. They said they were full the night before, so there was no unoccupied room to assign me. But they invited me to stick around, make use of their facilities and would get a room ready for me, if it was possible. And they did. All this, with a very friendly warm demeanor.

The room and hotel itself is terrific. Wonderfully old restored building. Everything in the room fully functioning and it has an ultra modern chic design. Could not have been more pleased with the total experience.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo

Been to The Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!