“Satisfied my Indian Craving” 4 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Dancing Ganesha
1100 Harmon Pl, Minneapolis, MN 55403-2019 (Downtown)
612-338-1877
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Kansas City
“Satisfied my Indian Craving”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I was in Minneapolis on business and started jonesing pretty bad for some Chicken Tikka Masala. The Dancing Ganesha was just a couple of blocks from my hotel so I walked over for an early dinner. This wasn't the best Indian food I've ever had, but it certainly wasn't the worst. I went fairly early, around 4:30, so I was waited on in the dining area by the bartender. He was a nice guy and did his best to be attentive while also working the bar. By the time I was wrapping up another server was working most of the dining room tables. If in downtown Minneapolis again I wouldn't hesitate to come here.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Blaine, Minnesota
“Great Butter chicken and Vindaloo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

My family and I were trying to find a place to eat on a Saturday night during Hollidazzle parade season and Nicollet Mall was an hour wait so we turned to find something off the parade route. We happened upon this restaurant and it smelled amazing. I was the only one had been to an Indian restaurant before but everyone was in the mood to try something new. We ordered the Vegetable Samosas to start along with Garlic Naan. Both were very good. There were only 2 Samosas for $6 which was a bit high and the Naan for $3 was pretty small as well. For our entrees we had Butter chicken and Vindaloo. Both were very good. The service was slow, but friendly. The servings were fairly small actually all across the board and that would be my only complaint, but the quality was good. Would definitely come here again though.

• Visited December 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Good food-Terrible service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I have been there a few times. The moment I walked in the door I could tell the server did not want to see us. I am a very nice guy so I didn't understand. We had to wait several minutes just for someone to come over. It was not busy. The server came over just said "ready" I thought this was rude!
There were two people working front of house. You could tell that they did not want to be there. When I spend $100 on dinner I don't want to feel that the staff wants me to leave.
There are so many other choices don't waiste your time and money with this poorly run establishment.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
NYC
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We enjoyed our meal at this restaurant. The staff was very attentive and knowledgeable about the food. Everything we ordered was tasty and delicious. Samosas were crispy and delicious. My Kurma dish was saucy and great. You cannot go wrong here.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Good food - nice dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Had a great dinner here. Got there early and enjoyed happy hours appetizer plus two-for-one drinks. Services could have been a little faster. Overall really enjoyed the dinner.

• Visited October 2013