“Retrospective on our March visit” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #14 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Walker, Minnesota, United States
“Retrospective on our March visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The staff at the W, Foshay responded to our concerns regarding a pet friendly atmosphere. They were tremendously accommodating, and tried to respond to our concerns. I appreciated their make the best out of a difficult situation. They were kind to us, gracious, and tried to understand. Still, the process of booking a hotel through a third party (Priceline, for this stay) should be as transparent and customer-friendly as any other means of doing business.

The hotel is delightful, historic, and surrounded by wonderful restaurants, and entertaining venues.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
MattHaw3019, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Mark O,

Hello from W Minneapolis! Thank you for sharing your feedback with the Trip Advisor community! We are committed to make sure that the booking process is simple for any guest trying to secure accommodations at our hotel. We appreciate your gracious feedback and glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. Cheers to a safe & warm summer.

Best,
Matthew Hawkins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Overall, I was very impressed with this property. I stayed 4 nights for work and it is a short 3-5 minute walk from the Convention Center. I was also able to walk to Target Field with no problem, and the entire area felt clean, safe and welcoming. As far as the hotel itself, it's sexy - like all W's. The color and lighting schemes were obviously well thought-out and the hotel is in an old office building that was completely retrofit to make the W. The service was fantastic. Jason at the front desk was extremely accommodating and helpful each of the several times I sought his assistance. I went to both bars in the hotel and they were fantastic and full of beautiful people. The only reasons I didn't give this a 5/5 is because: 1) the television, for some reason, couldn't tune to a few channels, including NBC (Phil from maintenance was very good/responsive, but ultimately, it couldn't get fixed -- they did give me a $20 folio credit for a few movie, though; and 2) when I ordered some food around 1am, it arrived cold and was grossly overpriced ($30 for chicken tenders and fries) -- but, again, when I brought this to Jason's attention, he credited my folio $30. The bottom line is simple: I'd stay here again in a heartbeat and thought it was a very nice property.

Room Tip: 1709 - "cozy corner room" - very spacious for a longer stay.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Peak78,

Hello from W Minneapolis-The Foshay! We appreciate you taking the time to reflect and share your experience with us! We want to apologize that our engineering team was unable to diagnose and resolve your TV however I hope that you found our service credit efforts satisfactory. We'll make sure that we share your review with our talent and we appreciate the warm words you had to share about them assisting you during the service recovery. We thank you for this kind review and welcome you back to the historic W Minneapolis-The Foshay!

W Minneapolis-The Foshay
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I travel frequently for business and pleasure and must say that my stay at the W Minneapolis exceeded my expectations! The Living Room was hopping on Friday night. . . vibrant, young, fashionable crowd and great dance music when we arrived just after midnight on Friday. Since it was late and we weren't up for dancing, we went to Prohibition on the 27th floor for a nightcap. While the crowd was equally hip and the scene was bustling, it was a a great bar - with several cozy nooks and crannies. Afterwards, we escaped to our room for some rest. Fortunately, we had been upgraded to a 'Fanstastis Suite' and it was truly FANTASTIC! It was a corner room that included a large living room, flat screen tv & dining room all surrounded by huge windows and a gorgeous panoramic view of downtown Minneapolis - from atop the 23rd floor. The bedroom and separate bathroom was equally as spacious - with a huge soaking tub, in which I bathed each day and soaked in the beautiful hihrise views. . . even the scale was cool! Soft, plush robes and a safe were also provided. . . took a ride on the elevator to the top of the Foshay, to the Observation deck, for wonderful views of the entire City. The Foshay is the second tallest skyscraper in Minneapolis. It was built in 1929 and exemplifies the charm of that era. We ate brunch at Manny's, which was delicious. . . next time, we will also try Key's for brunch, which has great reviews, instead of Hell's Kitchen, which was fun but only average tasting. The W was within walking distance to all the best shopping and dining in Minneapolis - once we parked, the car stayed there all weekend, except for when we left to attend a family event in the burbs.The area was very safe and clean and made a delightful impression on me. The Service at the W was very accomodating - from providing the use of an iPhone charger to the umbrella from the door man when it started sprinkling, to extra wine glasses from room service when we had friends and family over for champagne prior to dinner. . . We stayed here from Friday to Monday and it was overall a great experience and I look forward to returning when I visit MN again in the future.

Room Tip: Corner suites have wonderful panoramic views & higher floors are quiet
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlgirl911,

WOW! What an incredible review! Our team couldn't thank you enough for this 5 star review! It's great to read that our property was able exceed your expectations! We know you have many choices to stay when traveling to Minneapolis and appreciate the great feedback. We hope to see you back to the historic Foshay soon!

Cheers to Summer!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Well my wife and I just stayed at the W at the Foshay and it was everything we expected. It to be with the modern and posh feel of the W experience. Service was great room(spectacular king) was very nice but small and the view would be fantastic if I wasn't a native to NYC city with a legit skyline view. All in all the W was a nice experience I can say that I have had the opportunity to do with my new wife. Would suggest you check priceline for the cheapest price we paid 100 with taxes and incidentals included. Otherwise do not stay at this hotel unless you can afford or want to experience the modern high style of the W.

• Stayed June 2013
MattHaw3019, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
redvln02,

Greetings from W Minneapolis-The Foshay! Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to offer a memorable experience with you and your wife! It's hard to compete with the breathtaking New York City skyline however being able to take the lift home to guestroom accommodations inside the historic Foshay Tower which holds incredible history to the Minneapolis skyline is pretty cool. Thank you for your feedback, it's truly important to us.

Well Wishes,
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

My fiance and I recently stayed downtown at the W hotel in Minneapolis. We are from the suburbs of the Twin Cities but we decided to have a little stay-cation and reserve a room at the W in Minneapolis and dinner at Manny's (wrote a separate review for Manny's). The lobby is very grandiose (especially for Minnesota) and the building in general is very well decorated with very modern furniture while still maintaining some classic features given the building is approaching 100 years old. The W hotel had great service all around. The front desk people, the valet drivers, the restaurant waiters, just about everyone I encountered was very helpful and friendly.

The reason I gave The W 4/5 stars has nothing to do with service, cleanliness, or decor. It is because although it is a nice hotel there is far better value at other hotels in Minneapolis. We reserved an upgraded corner room that was well over $200.00 and it was a very small room. It was decorated nice and the bathroom was beautiful but it was very small. Also, there is no parking at the W so you can find your own lot or pay the $30.00 for overnight valet.

Would I go back to the W? Certainly to eat at Manny's but I don't think I would return to stay again. It is a beautiful hotel with great service but the value isn't there for me and it isn't prime location if you want to hit the town.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
MNVikings2011,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent experience at W Minneapolis-The Foshay. Although it appears that we fell a little short of expectations, I do want to apologize that you felt our hotel wasn't the most accommodating, location wise. W Minneapolis-The Foshay is connected to the sky way system for gateway access to the downtown area for those days that the weather may not be ideal for outdoor transit, in addition we offer complimentary Acura Service within 5 miles of the downtown location. Furthermore, we invite you back to the historic W Minneapolis-The Foshay to experience one of several room categories; we have everything from Wonderful Rooms to Fantastic Suites. I hope that we will have a future opportunity to gain your confidence back as a previous guest. I appreciate the generous feedback.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Great location! We stayed downtown for proximity to bike trails and walking ease. Staff was accommodating and stored bikes behind the desk. We requested an in room Keurig and it was promptly delivered. Despite many over indulged young partiers, we were not bothered by noise at all.

We travel lots and this was our first stay in a W hotel. I liked the design, the lighting, the corner room, and luxury shower. We were too busy riding the bike trails to try out the fitness center or the happy hours and restaurants.

We had a very enjoyable stay. I would recommend!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Tennisbobbi,

Thank you for allowing W Minneapolis-The Foshay to be a part of your special occasion. It was our pleasure to be your home away from home and it's great to read that our guests are getting out and enjoying the amazing outdoor activities that are so close to downtown Minneapolis.

Cable, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Another great stay at the Foshay. I'm amazed every time that I go of the comfort-ability of the beds, along with the amazing showers and overall cleanliness of the entire hotel! The only downfall to my latest stay was it was only one night long! In town on business, I was unable to stay any longer.

Room Tip: Room's higher up provide a better view of the city!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Amandajean1105,

Thank you for your continued brand loyalty to W Minneapolis-The Foshay! It was our pleasure to have you as our guest! We wish you an incredible summer!

Best,
Matthew Hawkins

Been to W Minneapolis - The Foshay? Share your experiences!