“Foshay Foshay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Santa Barbara, California
“Foshay Foshay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Gorgeous little boutique hotel built I'm the 20's stylish with Minneapolis nice. The staff are very thoughtful and one sweet gal at the front desk remembered me from my last stay. Hate elevator keys required, I always a, digging in my purse. Great happy hour, though I had the lamb sliders. ,maybe tomorrow the ahi tacos. The view at top is wonderful. I like the history of the building as well. Conveniently located downtown.

Room Tip: Rooms are comfortable, great shower. Great morning light and nice gym
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
MattHaw3019, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Sunnylajolla,

Hello from W Minneapolis-The Foshay! It was a pleasure to have you back in-house with another great memorable stay! We hope that the weather was comforting this time around! Thank you for your continued brand loyalty and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Matthew Hawkins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Let me be fair and say first off that this hotel looks fantastic and is designed and decorated very well and hip. Unfortunately, Looking great is no substitute for hospitality and care for your guests.
I booked a room here for my wife to treat her on her special first ever Mothers Day. Upon entering the room with my wife and 9 month old, we were suprized to see a drawer open full of dirty clothes that were spilling onto the floor giving us the immidiate indication that the room was occupied! wtf!?
I called the front desk straight away and told them what we had walked in on and we were told security would be up immidiately. After a super awkward 10 minutes of waiting while looking at eachother not knowing if we would be greeted by security or by the rooms occupant??

A knock at the door revealed a young slim security guard who was quick to snatch up the dirty clothes in his arms and leave the room. All while my wife and I are standing there looking at eachother like.... So I guess we are staying in this room?? Nobody ever let us know if the previous ccupants were gone or anything. I did not feel like that situation was handled correctly or with a care for their guests. Housekeeping definately needs to clean the room satisfactory and place lost and found items in the appropriate place.

We could have been given a different room, We could have gotten an apology. We werent even assured that the previous occupants wouldnt be back for their things!

I will end this review with this. I'm sure when the rooms are clean and the staff is having a good day, your experience may be different from ours.

I would have to say the highlight of the W Hotel is the observation deck, but it was Sunday and the observation deck is closed on Sundays...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
MattHaw3019, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Hello Lusterburn,

On behalf of W Minneapolis-The Foshay, I would like to extend a sincere apology for the inconvenience that you encountered during your stay with us. We are investigating the situation as we speak and we want to thank you for bringing this to our attention. I realize that this is not the ideal way of starting out the first annual mother’s day which I know was very special to you and your guest. We will also be following up with our talent to make ensure that we are following proper procedure & protocol when our team is dealing with the safety & security of our guests. We have located your contact information and will be reaching out to you directly. Thank you for choosing to stay with W Minneapolis-The Foshay.

Best,
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I just wanted to say that Lisa is a great concierge and she had great selections for dinner. Also Andrew at the welcome desk is a really cool guy and really helpful. Staff was great and that is all you can ever ask for in a hotel. Also the DJ on Saturday night was killing it!! Dropping them sick beats!!! There is no other brand like W in the world and it really shows in the staff and how they do things.

Room Tip: If you get the chance get an accessible room, same price as an average wonderful room but so much mo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
WMpls-Foshay, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Bill B,

Thank you for taking the time to thank to reflect on your experience at W Minneapolis-The Foshay. It’s great to read that our talent members Lisa & Andrew were able to provide such outstanding service to you and your guests! We hope to see you back at the Historic Foshay Tower in the near future!

Best,
Albania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights and i had a good time.

I arrived late from a delayed flight, however David was very accommodating and nice to me. He was patient and explained everything about the hotel. The rooms are very high quality. Unfortunately the heating in my room was not working and i was freezing, thus they put me a heater in my room, being unable to fix the heater.

While i was checking out, i forgot my custom made Iphone case. I immediately returned into my room within 5 minutes of checking out, however it was not there. I informed the lady at the fron desk, however she did not seem to care. I gave her my phone number and she never go back to me. I am sure the case was there when i left, and the cleaning lady must have either thrown it away or even worse, got it herself. However there is no evidence of such, my case is still missing and have not heard back from the hotel. I am quite upset and disappointed. I want to point out that the case was not misplaced by my, as i am sure where i had left it.

Overall it was still a nice experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
WMpls-Foshay, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Calista_tr

Hello from W Minneapolis-The Foshay! First of all, I want to thank you for your personal time you have taken to reflect and share your experience with the Trip Advisor community along with myself. In regards to your overall experience, I do want to offer a personal apology on behalf of W Minneapolis-The Foshay; it’s disappointing to read that our engineering team was unable to resolve your heating issue. I hope that the space heater was sufficed for a short term temporary efficient solution. In regards to your misplaced custom IPhone case, please see my direct communication to you as a follow up to this incident. Again, I want to personally thank you for sharing your experience; it’s greatly appreciated. I look forward to hearing from you.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Great service and central location. However, the lobby and restaurant area are really quite dark - day and night. Rooms are modern and bright. Restaurant is a steakhouse at lunch/dinner, but also serves great breakfast. Wifi signal was weak in the room, so perhaps not ideal for business. Maust say that the corporate rate was fantastic, especially given that its a W! Beautiful building - quite unique!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
b m,

Hello from W Minneapolis-The Foshay; it was my pleasure to read and respond to your review! Thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community. It's great to see that you appreciated our interpretation of modern design with a historic art deco building all that with the energy of a W Hotel. We hope to see you back at the historic Foshay in the near future.

Whatever/Whenever,
Colman, SD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

A perfect location. Beautiful building. Excellent service. Unique amenities. For the cost of the room, I expected more, but what it lack in wow, it made up in every other way!!! Would choose to stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013
WMpls-Foshay, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Gena_veen,

Greetings from W Minneapolis-The Foshay! Thank you for staying with us and allowing us to be your home away from home. It’s great to read that you enjoyed your W experience and we look forward to your return!

Cheers,
Sioux Falls, SD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Just returned from a weekend in Minneapolis. Stayed two nights at The Foshay. Room was nice- modern, very W. Smallish/ no bathtub/divine bed. No coffee maker of any type to speak of, which just seems cruel. We were on the third floor and did not have any issues with noise. The main lobby bar/lounge area is relatively chill until the evening, at which time it turns into a dj'd event...which might be off putting for some but honestly, once you hit the elevators, it's not really a big deal. We had drinks at Prohibition, nice service, vibe. Dine in breakfast was really good. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We decided last minute to try to get massages, and the cocierge was essential in making arrangements for us. The hotel has a spa room in the work out area and they subcontract out their massage services. Our massages were great and would highly recommend this service. All in all-- good stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Nicholesodak70,

Hello from W Minneapolis-The Foshay! First of all, thank you for choosing to stay with us; it was our pleasure to have you as our guest! My apologies that we don’t offer a coffee maker in the room however on future stays with us please note that Keurig coffee makers are available through our whatever/whenever service at any time during your stay in addition to complimentary coffee being available in our W Café! I appreciate you taking the time to reflect and come visit us again soon at the historic Foshay Tower!

Whatever/Whenever,