“Conducting Business the way it was meant to be” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Cyber Monday Exclusive
Ranked #14 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Chicago
“Conducting Business the way it was meant to be”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I recently visited the W - Foshay for Business and I have to say, from the time I was greeted at the door to the time I put my last bag in my rental I felt like a VIP. Service at the Foshay exceeded all expectations. In terms of food and drinks they have two cool bars where you can enjoy a a bite or a cocktail in a hip environment, stake house its sensational.

Its safe to say that for future visits to the twin cities i will definitely return to the W.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
WMpls-Foshay, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Atribin,
Thank you so much for this incredible review! This means a lot to our entire team and so glad that we exceeded your expectations while you were with us. Manny’s is always a must while on a trip to Minneapolis; which just adds to a great experience. I look forward to welcoming you back to the historic Foshay tower.

Whatever/Whenever

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Lake City, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

First time at the W. Overall positive experience. Liked the view- very beautiful. Tubby was lovely. Excellent service. All staff very accommodating. Would go back. Really liked the happy hour as noted by other reviewers.

Kelly F,
Greetings from W Minneapolis-The Foshay on this snowy April afternoon! Thank you for taking the time to share with the Trip Advisor community on your recent experience at W Minneapolis-The Foshay. Happy Hour is taking place at the Foshay every day and glad you liked this simple perk. It was my pleasure to respond to your review.

Have a great day!
Long Island, N.Y.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband and I recently spent 3 nights at the hotle this past March. We were very disappointed. We had some sort of suite on the 28th floor. The bedroom was so tiny that if the bedroom door was open, it completely covered the TV screen. The safe was in the closet and so low down and sideways. I literallly had to lay on the floor with the flashlight on my phone every time I had to open or close the safe. One night I took a bath. Our room was above the Prohibition Bar. We got a call to see if we had some flooding problem because water was leaking into the bar. So much for my bath. The lighting was very poor making it very difficult when putting on your make up or trying to read something. Also, coming from NY we are used to crowds and noise. However we had no idea that this is THE place to be in the city. so on Friday and Saturday nights it is more than a little annoying to walk past a bunch of loud drunk people in the lobby through to the elevevators. Then, some of the people partyig stay in the rooms for the weekend. WHen they started poaying tag on my floor at 2:30 in the morning I had to call security. All in all, very disapppointing!

Momof3Ss,
Hello from W Minneapolis-The Foshay, I want to personally thank you for the feedback you have left for our team and it’s my pleasure to respond to your review. I want to apologize that we didn’t meet or exceed your expectations while you were with us for 3 nights. We offer a variety of suite layouts from floors 23-28; each with its own unique design. It’s unfortunate that neighboring guests were adding to your unpleasant stay however it’s sounds that our security team was able to dismantle the activity that was taking place in the hallways. I am confident that W Minneapolis-The Foshay can deliver a consistent guest experience and hope that you’ll consider us again when you’re in Minneapolis the next time. Please see my direct message for follow up.

Plymouth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed at the W Foshay for a long weekend 4/5-8/13. What a great hotel! The Foshay is a cool 1920s building that has been upgraded beautifully while maintaining many of the great amenities of the roaring 20s.

We got upgraded to a Fantastic Suite on the 25th Floor, and it was fantastic! Great views to southeast, south, and southwest. The suite had lots of room with a comfortable living room area, a little eating area, kitchen table-size, a lovely bedroom and a massive bathroom with a huge bathtube that my wife enjoyed and a wonderful "rainfall" shower that I liked.

The staff at the W were outstanding across the board, doing all the little things. For example, on Saturday morning I went down to the lobby to grab some coffee and I was overloaded with three cups heading back to the room. One of the staff members literally ran to the elevators to punch buttons for me because she saw it would be difficult for me with the coffees. It's always the little things that make the difference!

Room Tip: Higher up is better.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
WMpls-Foshay, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Mikie376,
Hello from W Minneapolis-The Foshay! The team here is all about the little things; I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! It’s great to hear positive feedback about the historical aspect of the conversion of Foshay Tower into the W Hotel. Our design team work incredibly hard to protect and maintain as much of the design integrity of the building; we knew that the Foshay Tower is extremely important to the residents of Minnesota and it was important that we focused on that. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and hope to see you back soon!

SIP.CELEBRATE.BASK.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

A great hotel with very upscale public areas. The 27th floor bar "Prohibition" has a great view and a great happy hour from 5-7pm, $5 martinis can't be beat :) Tho' if you like yours dirty you may want to ask for the olive juice on the side, a little too dirty for me... Saturday night was very lively bar scene. Hotel opens straight onto skywalk.

Room Tip: if your room comes via hotwire it will be not be the usual room but very good none the less
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lyn61_11,

We appreciate your fabulous review of your recent experience at W Minneapolis-The Foshay; especially coming from a Senior Contributor of Trip Advisor. My apologies that we were slightly off on your dirty martini; we promise to get it correct the next time! Thank you for choosing to stay with us; it was our pleasure to have you as our guest!

Cheers!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our stay was brief, but very pleasant. Enjoyed the trip up to the Foshay Historical level and the look out. The building is wonderful. The Living Room was fun. Parking needed to be found, and isn't free. Lots of good places to eat within walking distance.

Hello HaveBagsPackedAlways,
First of all, I enjoy your Trip Advisor handle! I find it positive, upbeat and full of energy! Thank you on behalf of W Minneapolis-The Foshay for this terrific review. Our team appreciates your feedback in response to how the Foshay Tower was able to reinvent itself. I hope to see you back here at the historic Foshay Tower!

Safe Travels!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Nice old hotel with modern decor and rooms. Standard very good.
The staff is super friendly and helpful and the rooms are nice and clean. There are many good place to eat around the hotel and the Living room is good fun for a drink towards the weekend. Highly recommend and would definetly go back again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
WMpls-Foshay, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Morten G,

Thank you for sharing such a great review with the Trip Advisor community! It’s great to read reviews from guests traveling to Minneapolis all the way from London! Thank you for the recommendation; it truly means a lot to us! Make sure to come see us again when you find yourself traveling back to the city of Minneapolis!

Cheers!
Matthew Hawkins

Been to W Minneapolis - The Foshay? Share your experiences!