“The W Foshay ROCKS!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Tampa, Florida
“The W Foshay ROCKS!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have stayed at the W Foshay several times and each time has been awesome, most specifically because I was proposing to my now fiancé! The staff at the W helped iron out a ton of details for the proposal itself and we all pulled it off as a great surprise. Lisa, on the concierge staff, embodies the brand's "whatever, whenever," attitude. I have stayed with Starwood a ton for work and pleasure all over the world and W Foshay ranks with the best of them. If you need things to do, places to see, food recommendations, Lisa can make it happen and you can rest assured she wont lead you astray. If you are a meat eater and are in the mood to get overstuffed, hit up Mannys steakhouse. Unreal cuts of meat (both in size and quality), great sides, fun and knowledgeable staff, awesome wine list and good liquor drinks to wash it down. If you are there for a special occasion, grab a Wonderful suite, nice layout and great city views.

Room Tip: Wonderful Suite
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
MattHaw3019, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Sam T,
Hello from W Minneapolis-The Foshay! First of all, thank you so much for allowing our team to be a part of such an incredible moment in your life! It’s great to hear that you were taken great care of by our fabulous concierge Lisa! Lisa has done a great job sharing with our team about this upcoming experience and the team was very excited; filled with anticipation with this great moment taking place at our hotel! To the sweet simple things to the big moments; it was our pleasure to be included.
Congratulations!
Matthew Hawkins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I've stayed at other W locations, but this was my first in Minneapolis. This location compares to all others, and I love the vibe the W offers. Our Spectacular Room was very spacious and modern. I did not hear a thing in the hall or other rooms, and we were near the elevator. The amenities are first class (Bliss spa products), and the bed super comfortable. The shower did take a bit to warm up, but after it did, it was awesome, no issues with water pressure as others have noted. There is convenient and reasonable self parking around the corner ($22 for 24 hours) that you can get to without having to venture outside. The front desk attendant was super friendly, and did not "discriminate" because I booked my room on Hotwire, which happens sometimes. The lobby is beautiful, and I wish we'd had time to enjoy Prohibition or some of the other hotel offerings. We stayed here while attending a show at First Ave, and it was a $4 +tip cab ride back from the venue. i would definitely stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Wisgirl01,
Thank you for taking the time to share this fantastic review with the Trip Advisor community! My apologies that you didn’t have time to experience Prohibition; you’ll need to come back to witness the fabulous 360 degree views of Minneapolis! It was my pleasure to read and respond to your review! I personally hope that you are staying warm this winter season!

Best,
Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I think the W is a great hotel. I really loved the style of the rooms with their funky mini bars and glass showers but the static electricity made me feel weird. Oh and the lifts/elevators are sooooooo spooky try and get a room away from the services.

Room Tip: avoid the elevators/lifts
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Carolyn H,
Hello Carolyn! Thank you for reflecting on your stay with us at W Minneapolis-The Foshay all the way from the United Kingdom! We can’t thank you enough for the gracious review and we are happy to read that you experienced many wow’s during your stay!
Cheers!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

What I loved:
Excellent location
Fabulous historic building
Personable service
Gorgeous rooftop bar overlooking city...try the whiskey bread pudding.
Knowledgable concierge helped us arrange several dinners.
Accommodating staff brought us a humidifier for our very dry room.
Well-designed but cozy corner room had lots of light.
Surprisingly quiet rooms thanks to layout of a small number of rooms per floor.

What I could give or take:
The lounge area adjacent to the lobby is a bit too dark and brooding...and boudoir-ish for my taste.

What I didn't love:
So, if you were never into or are so over the club scene, don't plan to grab a drink at the hotel on Friday night. My husband got carded trying to use the lobby bathroom.
Gym was well appointed but treadmills had seen better days.

• Stayed January 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the W two nights. With temps below zero outside, we were plenty warm inside. The suite we booked was spacious and nicely furnished. The bed was very comfortable and the corner room was bright and cozy in the morning. Service was excellent, including valet, bellmen, room service, and concierge. There was an elevator malfunction during the day Saturday, but it seemed to be addressed quickly. We had dinner at Manny's- right in the hotel- incredible food and service! We also spent time at Prohibition on the 27th floor, a "modern vintage" destination that is very comfortable with great service. The Living Room downstairs adjacent to the nightclub space was also comfortable and fun for our late night gathering of friends.

• Stayed January 2013
Harvey_boys!
Greetings from W Minneapolis-The Foshay! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your 2 night stay with us. In addition, I will make sure to share your review with the Manny’s team! It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and look forward to the next!
Stay Warm,
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband and I will be staying at the Foshay this week. For the past few years we have been traveling to Minneapolis three times a year. This will be our first time at the Foshay. To be frank after reading some of the reviews I was tempted to switch, but I am very impressed by the consistent responses from the Guest Relations Managers. My family has owned a limousine service and I am well aware how difficult it is to provide consistently great service. There are often influences and circumstances beyond your control. A good manager cannot control everything that happens but he or she can control how they react. Also I am very impressed by the email we already received asking if there was anything we would like to have set up. We will be there on Friday with great expectations. Gail and Bill O'Keefe Connecticut

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
MattHaw3019, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Hello Mr & Mrs. Okeefe,

Thank you very much for the kind words you left for us at W Minneapolis-The Foshay. We hope that you have a fabulous stay with us; please let our team know if there is anything we can do to make your stay a pleasurable one. Have a safe and wonderful weekend!

Warmest Wishes,

Matthew Hawkins

Been to W Minneapolis - The Foshay? Share your experiences!