Stayed at The Foshay for 3 nights on a business trip. As a fan of modern boutique hotel style and also Art Deco design, this place suited me perfectly. Ideal location for downtown area (Nicolette Mall is 1 block away) and also the Metrodome where the Vikings NFL team play. I'd booked and paid well in advance and got an excellent rate.
Very comfy bed, loads of quality pillows, enormous shower cubicle, although my water pressure was disappointing. Don't expect tea & coffee making facilities in the room, but you can ask for a pod-style coffee maker FOC.
Fitness room is adequate; about 10 state of the art cardio machines, plus weights etc., open 24 hrs but unattended.
Downsides? Everywhere is very dimly lit (foyer, rooms, bar etc). Manny's Steakhouse restaurant is expensive for breakfast. I went to a coffee shop one block away and ate for a fraction of the price.
Upsides? Stylish design. Service was excellent, everyone was polite, friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. The young lady who checked me out (her name's Imani) was especially good. Warm, natural and pleasant. I'd also recommend the limo company the hotel arranged for me; the driver's name was Aden.
- Also Known As:
- w Minneapolis - The Foshay Hotel
- w Minneapolis - The Foshay Hotel Minneapolis
- w Hotels Minneapolis
- w Minneapolis The Foshay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious, historical W Minneapolis Hotel - The Foshay inspires innovative style in a soaring icon of art deco splendor. Take in splendid art, music, shopping, dining and theater. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Tingo, Amex, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your W Minneapolis - The Foshay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.