“Close to the airport” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mendota Heights
Denver
“Close to the airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

This was a convenient hotel close to the airport. For a Marriot this could have been a little cleaner. When we checked in there was water on the bathroom floor and the previous guest's hair products was still there. There was also no hair dryer which was a little odd because most hotels usually has a hair dryer, iron and hangers. This one had no hair dryer and only an ironing board. I checked my parent's room and they had the same thing.....weird. There's also no close place for a quick snack, unless you go down to the lobby and get something at their little market place. I wouldn't recommend unless you're super hungry. Everything is overpriced and probably not fresh.

Pros: reasonable price...book through the hotel they usually have the better rates ($89 for one bed, $99 a night for two beds)
Balcony where you can walk out onto, wouldn't recommend since there's a zillion mosquitos waiting to eat you at night
10-15mins away from the airport
Shuttle to and from airport

Cons: no hair dryer and iron
No restaurants or shops close by the hotel
Lobby's market place didn't have fresh food, even frozen food looked old

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Highlights:
- Nice staff
- Clean rooms
- Large flat screen tv's in room
- Good beds
- Close to MSP airport
- Quick shuttle service
Lowlights:
- Shuttle driver not very happy or polite
- In hotel restaurant food not that great
- No nearby eateries within walking distance.

Overall not bad, certainly not great. Maybe I'm getting jaded, but I've stayed in so many Courtyards, its nice when some distinguish themselves by having better service and facilities. This Courtyard is just average. It is a nice clean courtyard, but there is really nothing remarkable about it and could use a facilities and room update.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
st. petersburg, fl
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for two nights for a business meeting in April 2011. While this hotel seemed average for a value business hotel, there were some issues with the room. My room had a very unpleasant odor (urine). Also the walls were VERY thin. I woke up to a phone ringing in another room at 4:30am. Everytime someone let their door slam behind them the room would shake and I would wake up. I have actually never had this issue in a hotel before. I was also sleeping with a fan on and could still hear these things. On the positive side, the room was clean (besides the smell) and they had a good breakfast. Although I did not use them it appeared that they had a nice fitness center with newer equiptment.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Tunkhannock
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010

Again not dissapointed in a Marriott Brand hotel.... Nice size room with sitting area and
computer desk.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
HARLAN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

This Courtyard is located near the STP airport. Nice location with friendly staff. Did not have anything amiss at this location and seemed to want to please their guests. Reasonable rates with great breakfast each morning.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Whitewater, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

Overall, this experience was okay.

The only problem we had was with the staff. When we arrived, we had our confirmation from a online travel website. The female staff member, who was at the front desk, told us that we would get a king room. I told her that we confirmed a double queen room. She told us that since we booked with a travel website, and not with the hotel itself, we would get a king room. She was very unfriendly and not willing to work with us! I told her I had the paperwork with me ( which she didn't want and refused to even look at!) and that we had 2 kids with us. She then said I was lucky because they "just had" 20 rooms cancel and that she could give me one of those that had a double beds, BUT also told me that if I ever stayed with them again, she would NOT honor a double queen room. She told me that the travel site we used "rips the hotel off, and we should never use them!" She also told me that they could get me a room cheaper than what the travel site got the room for. I asked her what the room would cost, she told me $89 a night ( I got the room from the travel site MUCH cheaper than that!) Again she told me that we should NEVER use the travel site and that she will not be so kind next time!!! I was shocked! If she has a problem with the website then the management should deal with the travel website, not take it out on a visiting guest!! When I asked about Breakfast, she said that typically it's free, but since we booked with the travel website, breakfast would be $10.99 each person..including the kids!

Once we got into the room, things were okay. The room was nice and clean. THe beds were comfortable and had lots of pillows. The pool was nice with the whirlpool. They had popcorn that evening which was free and my kids loved it. It had internet access but not wireless. The had free hot coffee in the lobby which was nice. They had a personal coffee maker in the room. The showers were plenty hot ( which I perfer!).

The down side is if you wan to go anywhere, you need a car. There is nothing close to this hotel ( except for the airport)

Also, one more comment, when my husband went to the lobby to get coffee, he overheard this same female front desk worker telling another couple that they were not getting a double room because the travel website was ripping off the hotel. Then, when they were challenging her, she said they were lucky because they "just had" a group cancel and they could get one of those rooms. Interesting, that is the same script she used with us.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

Incredible staff and a full breakfast option make this a great airport hotel option. Also a good place to stay when visiting the Mall of America. However, Courtyard's insistent not to put in wireless internet drives me nuts. I got it at Fairfield Inns!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport? Share your experiences!