“Rude owner/manager - denied our reservation.” 1 of 5 stars

Super 8 Melrose
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   231 E County Rd 173, Melrose, MN 56352   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Melrose
Austin, Minnesota
“Rude owner/manager - denied our reservation.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

Upon arrival, we were told that the room we booked (one Queen) was not suitable for 2 adults and our 12 year old child. Forced to upgrade to a different room (2 Queens) for an additional 15 dollars. I reluctantly agreed, but was not happy, and was told by the manager that he didn't want any complaints and that we would not be allowed to check in. Manager told me that if I wanted to complain, I should call Obama. Ended up driving back to my home town 4 hours away at 10 PM on Saturday night which was actually very dangerous considering the late hour and lace of sleep. Priceline contacted the hotel on my behalf, and the manager told them that I was rude - which was untrue. Still trying to get this squared away with Priceline and Visa. Better Business Bureau should investigate the practices at this hotel - in the meantime, I will discourage any of my friends and family from doing business with his very unreputable establishment.

Room Tip: Not allowed to stay
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Buckspocket tn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

When asked for a heater because room had so much cold air blowing in I got call a liar about having the heat on and then finally got a extra heater that wouldnt work then got told how he was a contractor & I was a idiot ! Not how I'd do business! Then said it was warm enough for them & if I didn't like it to leave ! Also not to make him any madder...threatning me ! lol like he was a threat! What a joke !

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Luverne, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

WORST SERVICE EVER!!!! I would not wish my experience with this hotel to even my worst enemy!!! The service was rude, and they had many hidden fees. The stay ended up costing way more then what I was first told. By a couple hundred dollars!!! Save your money and a huge headache and DO NOT STAY THERE!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
California desert
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

Have stayed here in the past while visiting in the area.....the new owner has put much effort into spiffing up the previously tired appearance. Spotless floors and bathrooms. Friendly service. Top rating for the price.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Hancock, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

Would not cancel reservation because I phoned 10 minutes after the cut-off time, even though I clearly did not need to have a reservation since I was the only reservation they had. Super 8 Customer Service tried to get them to honor the cancellation and they still wouldn't do it.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
madan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2009

I hadnt been to the Melrose Super 8 for a while, and when I returned I was pleasntly surprised. The hotel had new mangement and the staff was very friendly. The room was very clean, and the breakfast was good too. I definately reccomend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean room and a good value.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Luverne
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2008

I booked the free night through my Wyndham Rewards card and received a confirmation number. They stated they could not find it when I got there. I PAID for a room, which they later came to and told me I had to leave because I was not 21 (I am 20). The national Super 8 HAD my reservation.
WHAT A NIGHTMARE OF A HOTEL - rude staff and discriminatory!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Super 8 Melrose? Share your experiences!