“New Buffet” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Ghent, MN
“New Buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We love the El Rancho, so I hate to say anything negative. But the new buffet set up definitely needs some help! Basics like keeping items stocked (for instance, tortillas were hard to come by!), having bowls available for the salsa, making the cheese visible, etc. are the type of details that need to be worked out. On the plus side, the chicken fajita meat was much better than what I have gotten when I ordered chicken dishes off the menu and it is a great value for the money which was appreciated by my husband and son. I, myself, will stick to the menu next time. I am looking for better food, not huge quantities.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Des Moines, IA
“Great service and tasty food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We enjoyed coming here on a Friday night. We got a double beef fajita that was delicious with lots of leftovers. They also serve you chips and salsa when you sit down. The salsa was pretty good, but I think the chips were corn based, not the flour tortillas we're used to so we didn't like those as much. But you can't complain when it's free! Our server was super friendly and the food came really fast. I'd go again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Minnesota
“Food and service is very good! Owner is arrogant, takes business for granted.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Try anything on the menu, it is all very good food! The girls are very friendly servers and always very cheery. Too bad the owner isn't just a silent partner. He is very arrogant and crude. They will be successful because of the good food/service but I wont be back. The place downtown is doing a much better job since El Rancho came to town and the owners are very thankful that you choose to spend your money there.....Mariachi understands you have more than one option for good Mexican in this town.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lake Benton, Minnesota
“Pretty Good Mexican”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have been to the restaurant a few times and it's pretty typical Mexican food. I had a quesidilla once and it was pretty plain. But I have had the fajitas and chimichanga and they were both very good. The service has always been great as well.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Best Mexican food in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

We came for lunch on March 17 and were pleasantly surprised! We had eaten at the other mexican restaurant in town once and were disappointed with the flavor...not at all here! We were given delicious fresh chips n salsa while we looked over the menu and enjoyed some Jarritos. My husband ordered an appetizer of hot wings (extra hot and saucy!) and the Cancun special, both of which he loved. I ordered the Carne Asada and was blown away with the quality, flavors, and generous portions! Our waitress Yury was exceptionally attentive and took good care of us! We would recommend whole-heartedly a visit here as we felt very welcomed and left with happily filled bellies and some leftovers for later!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere