“Unexpected find” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Maplewood
Marshfield, Wisconsin, United States
“Unexpected find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

When I developed a migraine while traveling, we needed a hotel IMMEDIATELY! Who knew so many east St. Paul hotels would be completely booked on a Tuesday evening, even by early afternoon? Enter the LivInn. This little hotel on Century Avenue is out there by itself next to Denny's, but it really is very nice. Recently remodeled, everything is neat, clean, and nicely decorated. The staff was very nice and got us into a room quickly. The fluffy white comforter and bedding on a comfortable mattress was a lifesaver for me. Rooms are nice-sized with large TV, separate sink area, plenty of outlets for electronics. No breakfast, but coffee is available in the lobby, and Denny's is next door. There are picnic tables on the lake right outside if you want to sit for a bit. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
livinngm, General Manager at LivINN Hotel St Paul East / Maplewood, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review, and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Marshfield, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The staff handled the check-in and check-out experience very well. In addition, the rooms have been renovated and are very nice. The A/C worked great on a warm day. The pillowtop mattress was comfortable also and the flat-screen TV in the room featured all HD channels which not many hotels do yet at all. Highly recommended and would definitely stay there again in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Pillager, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I booked a room with priceline, when I got to the hotel the clerk Brandon Z was very busy trying to check in 3 people a head of me with the phone ringing non stop.
When I gave him my reservation, it was not in the system. He spent 15 minutes looking for it with the phone continuing to ring and more people coming in behind me.
He finally found it in an e-mail log, and got me the room i booked.
With all the stuff going on I believe the guy deserves a raise, he was calm, courteous and very apologetic for the wait.
A GREAT clerk in a low paying job, If i had room in my company - I would hire him

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Back then this hotel did not have a great service so I was expecting the same thing BUT!!!! First off! The front desk lady greeted us with a lovely smile and was amazing! She was so funny and very helpful. Then we went to our room, it was so clean and there was plenty of room for my husband and I. One thing my husband and I loved was how quiet and peaceful everything was. My views of this hotel has been totally changed; I would definitely come back again and highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
livinngm, General Manager at LivINN Hotel St Paul East / Maplewood, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very pleased to hear how happy you were with your stay. I will give my staff a special thank you and hope to see you soon!
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

After researching near-by hotels on tripadvisor I decided to book a room while I had to be out of the house for a night.

The staff was helpful and accommodating and the location was ideal. While this hotel is not new, the rooms and common areas are VERY well maintained. I asked for a quiet room facing the lake and I got exactly that, there were absolutely no disturbances. Unfortunately, while my room faced the lake, it was on the first floor and had a floodlight shining on the window all night.

This is a very good basic hotel. There are no "extras" such as pool, lounge or restaurant but the room was clean, quiet and the bed was perfect.

All in all, I will go back if the need ever arises again, but I'd probably ask for a room higher up.

Room Tip: There is a small up-charge for lake view rooms, but they are very nice and include microwave, refrig...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Rooms where very clean and the beds are great. Also has a wonderful view of the lake. Front desk Andy was very kind to me and the housekeeping attendant Shadwna was excellent and very kind. I will come back on my next trip.

Room Tip: Has great rooms, and friendly staff.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
livinngm, General Manager at LivINN Hotel St Paul East / Maplewood, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review. I will give Andy and Shawnda a special thank you for your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Grand Forks, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

My husband and I stayed in the cities over the weekend for a wedding. My mother booked our family two rooms at the LivInn. When she first told us what the hotel was called, neither of us had heard of it before and we kind of thought it would be a dumpy little place. Turns out it was a very nice hotel and our room was beautiful. Our bed was comfortable and the countertops were marble. There is no breakfast but there is a Denny's right next door which is convenient. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014

Been to LivINN Hotel St Paul East / Maplewood? Share your experiences!