“A great view!” 4 of 5 stars

Book Lowest Rates Here!
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Maplewood
“A great view!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I states here in June while passing through town, and had gotten a great deal on the room! Our room faces the water, which was a great view! Rooms were pretty basic, but the bed was AMAZING! We had forgotten toothpaste, and while there was none at the front desk, the agent there was very kind in giving us directions to a local drug store so we could purchase the items we needed. It is just an exit or two away from lots of resteraunt and shopping. Overall very nice!

• Stayed June 2012
livinngm, General Manager at LivINN Hotel St Paul East / Maplewood, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank You for taking the time to let me and my staff know how we are doing. We are pleased that you had a great stay and look forward to seeing you soon or next time your in town!

Malissa Brockman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

This is a good place to stay, great value for the price. My room was very clean. The staff was very nice, especially the cleaning people. I will stay here again if i visit the area again. The only down side was a few things were broken, just the safe in my room, and both washing machines, not a big deal at all. It is a non smoking motel wich was nice, but smokers stand to close to door and a lot of times you must hold your breath when entering I say again, this place was VERY clean. Great deal.

• Stayed August 2012
livinngm, General Manager at LivINN Hotel St Paul East / Maplewood, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank You for taking the time to let LivINN know how we are doing. We are looking forward to seeing you again!

La Crosse
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Only a couple blocks off the freeway, but the entrance is a bit awkward. One must go past the building to reach the driveway. Great proximity to down town events without the high downtown prices. Well furnished rooms and all the comments about the comfy beds are not exaggeration.
Hated to get up in the morning! No free breakfast but Denny's is right outside the front door.
I will be staying here anytime I go to the Twin Cities again.

Room Tip: nice view on the lake side.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
livinngm, General Manager at LivINN Hotel St Paul East / Maplewood, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review and lets us know how we are doing. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Excellent hotel on Tanner's Lake. Very comfy beds. Updated decor. Immaculate room. The staff (desk clerks, housekeepers, maintenance) are very responsive and eager to please. The hotel is very clean-staff are even seen frequently removing small bits of debris from the parking lot.
They do not serve breakfast which we did not mind. There is a microwave/refrig in the room. A Denny's restaurant is across from the hotel entrance or a Cub Foods grocery store with excellent pastries is about 2 blocks away.
Our 3 night stay was very quiet. And it is a "no pets" hotel which we definitely prefer.
This hotel is a hidden jewel. I highly recommend it. Great value. The only suggestion that would have made it even greater would have been having a flat screen TV in the room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
livinngm, General Manager at LivINN Hotel St Paul East / Maplewood, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank You for the wonderful review and were plased to hear about your stay. We look forward to seeing you again.

Have a great summer

Haslett, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I stayed here for two nights. After the first night, I took a shower and when I was done, grabbed the "clean" towel off the rack. As soon as I did so, I heard glass shatter around my feet. I looked down and there was a used crack pipe shattered all over the bathtub floor. This was wrapped up in my "clean" towel! So either the cleaning staff was smoking crack and forgot they put the pipe in a towel, or a previous guest was using the drugs and the cleaning staff did not change the towels between guests! It is a good thing it was me in the shower and not one of the kids staying with us.

So there I am, barefoot with broken glass all around me with who knows what on it.

The front desk moved us to a different room and I requested to speak to a manger. A manager never called or contacted me, I will never stay at this place again.

See photos below from the incident.

Room Tip: I would not stay here unless you have no issues with cleanliness.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank You for taking the time to write a review, I will contact you personally to resolve this.

Pharr, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Brenda has made our stay enjoyable and always greets people with a cordial hello and can I help you? She's a real help to everyone who stays in the hotel. There should be more people like her who make your stay home away from home. Our view of the lake makes it peaceful and with the help from Brenda we would stay here again. It's so very nice to have pleasant people where you stay. Thanks.

Room Tip: Get a lake side room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
livinngm, General Manager at LivINN Hotel St Paul East / Maplewood, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
We are very pleased to hear how happy you are with your stay. I will make sure to give Brenda a special thank You.

Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I've stayed here about a dozen times in the last 8 months. We enjoy staying here at the LivINN Hotel. The front desk staff { Emma } has very good communication and customer service skills. she has gone above and be-on to keep us happy. I am and i will continue to come and stay at the LivInn hotel. Your front desk clerk [ Emma] here at the hotel is a very helpful and hard working employ. If i owned a hotel i would want Emma working for me.I've seen her handle some hostile people and calm them down.
I will continue to stay here at the LivINN Hotel as long as Emma and the rest of your hard working employs.

Room Tip: Lake side rooms are the best here.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to LivINN Hotel St Paul East / Maplewood? Share your experiences!