“Hideaway location but great value” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Maple Grove
Rancho Cucamonga, California
“Hideaway location but great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

The place was suggested by my company and so close to my job. It was my first experience with ESA. Being accustomed to on-site amentities, I was expecting more but find its the lowest price around for fully equipped room facilities. Sometimes no staff was around or in the back room and have to wait for someone to come to the front desk. I suggest they put a bell on the desk to get someone's attention. Some staff is knowledgeable on what's nearby that other staff not familiar with the area need to know for guest inquires. I also suggest the hotel put out treats on the front desk with flyers for guests on whats nearby with addresses and phone numbers. One of the staff (Carlotta) was very helpful and glad she recommended Lifetime Fitness next to the community center so if you are in town looking for a good deal, see Adam Norman 763.420.8282.

Room Tip: If you are more interested in a cheap price with no amentities other than a kitchenette than this is...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Eleal, Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Maple Grove, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Maple Grove. In response to your feedback, I am in agreement on your suggestion to place a bell at the desk to which we have since implemented. We will also work more with our Staff to ensure they are well educated on the Property’s surroundings thus ensure they communicate such with our guests better. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at eleal@extendedstay.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Plymouth, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I did the same, booked hotel through price line ans was very disappointed that the room was not clean and the staff were OK with that. Unfortunately, my stay had to be extended. I have never been to a hotel that does not take pride in cleanliness, courtesy, and professionalism for it guest. My children and I all woke up with some type of bumps on our bodies, people were loud and knocking on walls until 3 in the am, alerted front desk and nothing was done about anything!!! Never will I recommend extended stay to anyone after this visit to Maple Grove Extended in Minnesota!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Maple Grove, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at our hotel. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

We maintain strict quality control standards, which demand that every room is inspected prior to making it available to our guests. Clearly there was a failure in our system during your stay; thus, I’ve personally met with all of our staff and used your review as a sample to demonstrate in which specific areas we can improve upon.

Also, all of our hotels, from the in-room features, to the design of the guest room hallways is an integral part in creating a "home away from home" experience for our guests. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn't interfere with your stay. Although rare, there are instances where a guest may hear noises from the surrounding area. Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay as noted.

Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I love staying at the Extended Stay because of its location and because I can always count of JoAnn and Glen for anything I need. This hotel has a great location off the freeway but close to lots of eating, shopping and businesses in Northwest Minneapolis. The hotel has just upgraded itself and is still a great value for the traveler staying for any length of time.

Room Tip: Stay in the back of the hotel and you will be away from any distractions in front if any....
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.

Fargo, North Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I booked this hotel on Priceline, my first time using that site, and the last time. I called the hotel directly to specifically ask for a non-smoking room because cigarette smoke is a trigger for my migraines. The person who answered the phone said yes, it was a non-smoking room. When I got to the room I was so disappointed. The room was very unclean and smelled. The beds are horrible! They must be the original beds, and pillows! There were black bugs by the tub. During the night I woke up because the cigarette smell was so horrible! I don't know if it was coming through the bathroom vent or what but it was worse than earlier! When I checked out the front desk person didn't even ask me how my room was, or how my stay was, is that a clue? Perhaps they don't want to even hear it! I was in such a hurry to escape I didn't even say anything! My kids were so disgusted also, and they are boys.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere if you want a good room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Maple Grove, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

As well, upon request, guests will be placed in a non-smoking room. Knowing that many people have allergies or do not smoke, we place great importance on this. Please accept my apologies that while you were in a non-smoking room, you experienced some second hand smoke. I have spoken with our maintenance team, and they are looking into the issue to ensure it is corrected and does not happen again in the future.

Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I have stayed at the "Extended Stay" chain many times for more than a month each time. Recently I was at this location and the rooms were very clean. the kitchen was nice to have instead of always going out for dinner. The staff were also very friendly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Maple Grove, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you so very much for your great review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

Princeton, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

First of all, I check in at the front desk, only to tell me they've already checked me in and given my room away. SO then they give me another room and print off papers for me to sign, giving me SOMEONE else's information. Im talking address, phone number- everything. SO UNPROFESSIONAL!! Then I go to my room and it is a smoking room, when I had reserved non smoking. Front desk refused to do anything about it, girl claimed "she was new" so whatever. Go back up to room, SPIDERS EVERYWHERE. Pull down my bedsheets, out come crawling spiders. So disgusting. Rooms are so dingy and not cleaned at all. There was something dead hanging out of my window as well. Ended up staying at a friends tiny apartment on the floor but would have opted for almost anything else, even sleeping in my car. It's as if they have no standards whatsoever. The pictures look nothing like the real thing. Would not pay a single penny for this room. Save yourself. When called to complain, they refused to do anything about it and were so rude and inconsiderate. Horrible, horrible experience. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NOT WORTH IT!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

The experience you described is truly regrettable. The staff and I strive to provide friendly service, clean rooms and comfortable surroundings for our guests to enjoy. Hearing about the state of your room and the lack of response to your complaint is saddening. Please know that we clean every room and inspect them once complete. We keep extremely high standards; however, it seems this was not the case for you. I apologize for that and will work with the team to correct our mistakes, ensuring they do not happen again in the future.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I stayed in the hotel for multiple times, I would say the level of cleanliness is not bad, rooms are cleaner than other extended stays that I stayed at, but there many annoying things, they make a photo copy of your driver license without even consulting with you, the staff are robots who can not help, the blonde receptionist who works night shift is so rude.

Room Tip: the non smoking rooms
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Maple Grove, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Minneapolis - Maple Grove. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

I am grateful for the opportunity to respond to your concern. I have spoken with my staff and reviewed the importance of being professional and polite with each and every guest, no matter how busy we may be. It is my sincere hope that apart from this unfortunate occurrence, the rest of your stay with us was satisfying.

Been to Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Maple Grove? Share your experiences!