“Clean, friendly staff, good food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes

You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11801 Fountains Way N, Maple Grove, MN 55369   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Maple Grove
East Saint Louis, Illinois
“Clean, friendly staff, good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Of all the hotels I have stayed at, this one is by far my favorite. It is clean, the staff is friendly, the pool is perfect for kids (ages 2-12), the food in the restaurant was good. They actually have lifeguards on duty which is awesome but we did notice them visiting with each other and not watching the kids. This was our second stay here and we will definitely stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: If you want quick access to the pool, as for a room on 2nd floor and use the arcade to get to the po...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HolidayInnMG, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for the kind words about our hotel. We make every effort to provide a clean, guest friendly environment so you can relax and enjoy yourself while visiting us. It is great to hear that you have visited us two times already and will do so again in the future because that is one of the best recommendations we can get. We will use your comments about our lifeguards to help our team improve as well. Thank you again for the feedback and we look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Papillion, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel about a year ago on a business trip. I had told my wife it was a great hotel, however on this trip we decided to stay closer to Mall of America because everything we were doing was on that end of town. After an EXTREMELY bad experience at the other hotel, we checked out after the first night, and used our rewards points to book a standard room at this one. I arrived just before the check in time and Paul (who had worked at this location the last time I stayed here) remembered I hate being called Mr. Volz greeted me by name and informed me That we had been upgraded from the standard room into a jacuzzi suite! This was great because the water park (which is great) was packed with families, and my wife and I were looking to get away from the kids! The lounge in the hotel is very nice, and the staff is extremely friendly. We have already decided to come straight here on our next trip! It's worth the difference in price!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnMG, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Hello, We are very glad that you made the decision to come visit us again and thank you for the feedback. We are very proud to have a staff that takes care of all customers whether it is their first visit with us or their tenth. I will share your comments with our entire team and in particular the teams who work at our front desk and in our lounge. Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to see you again.
Grand Rapids, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Ok, so we stayed here for 6 nights. Depending on the lifeguard on duty, in depends on the answer you get. My daughter swam and got tired so I carried her. The lifeguard Supervisor blew her whistle at me, "Sir, you can't do that. Ahowever, hey didn't do nothing when kids were snapping towels. Then a young boy about 5 using a walker came in, the father sat the boy up on a ledge and the lifeguard supervisor whistled at them. We were even more frustrated when we bought a lemonade in the lobby, went to the pool and she told me I can't bring it in there. But, there was a family who came in with a six pack of beer bottles by the pool. Nothing was ever said to them. I doubt I will come back with family and will not recommend it to anyone.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HolidayInnMG, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Thank you for the feedback about your recent stay. The goal of our staff is to deliver consistent customer service that exceeds our guests expectations. We obviously did not meet that goal during your stay and I would like to apologize. We will use your feedback to improve our operations moving forward as we strive for continuous improvement. Thank you again for your feedback. We appreciate it very much.
Mason City, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are nice and clean and the hotel has a small water park. The water park has parts that are showing wear and tear, but it is generally in good shape. There is an area for littler kids that is separate from where the bigger kids can play. Lots of life guards are present which is nice. The rooms are very nice and appear to be updated in the last couple of years. The restaurant is...eh. It's ok.

• Stayed August 2012
HolidayInnMG, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for your comments and for recently staying with us. We very much appreciate the nice comments about our clean, modern rooms as well as the staffing levels we maintain in our waterpark to ensure guest safety. We take pride in providing a great experience during your entire stay so we will use your feedback about the restaurant and waterpark facilities to improve our operation. Thank you again for your feedback.
Willmar, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights because I had to attend a conference nearby. It is a great location and the rooms are a nice size. They provide cables for your laptop to be used with the tv-just ask for them. We had trouble with the connection and the front desk staff came up to our room and helped us. Some things that were not the greatest was the lack of filled coffee carafes in the lobby. My husband loves his coffee and he could not find a drop to drink. And then there was not regular coffee stocked in our room either! Our bathroom door did not stay open and we had to tie it to the main door. Is that how the Holiday Inn bathroom doors work in Maple Grove? They have a water park type pool area. Not a real pool but something that kids enjoy. The water park is only open on the weekends and then only until 2pm on Sunday. Is that when the weekend ends? Mine ends at midnight on a Sunday night but oh well. The hot tub is very large so you aren't sitting on your neighbors lap. Something very bad must have happened in the pool at this hotel because you can't use the pool area by yourself. You can't even get into to it unless you stroll to the lobby in your bikini and ask to be let in. The lifeguard on duty the first night was very nice when we wanted to check out the pool area and then use it later. The next night the lifeguard yelled at everyone that it was 10pm and time to get out. She even started turning off the lights. Wow. I have never experienced that before. I am not a child and don't want to be treated like one--attention management. And I had a room that faced a wall so no nice balcony or any view at all.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnMG, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay. We appreciate hearing about the things we do well along with the areas in which we can improve. I apologize for the lack of coffee in the lobby and your room and have discussed both issues with our team to help eliminate this from happening in the future. I have also discussed with our Waterpark Manager the problems you encountered the second evening in the pool area so that we can improve our customer service even further. A few more details about our waterpark; it is open Fridays 4pm-10pm, Saturdays 8am-10pm, and Sundays 8am-2pm which allows our guests staying Friday or Saturday night to enjoy the waterpark both on the night they arrive as well as the following morning. During the week our pool and hot tub is available for our guests from 7am-10pm and the city of Maple Grove requires us to have lifeguards on duty due to the size of our facility in order to provide a safe environment for our guests. While we do understand having to stop at the desk is not the perfect system, it allows us to ensure we are complying with city regulations as well as providing a safe environment for all our guests. Thank you again for all of your feedback and also for choosing our hotel on your recent stay.
Rochester, Mn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

My Parents, myself and my Son's family spent Mother's Day weekend here. The WaterPark is looks amazing and there are 2 seperate pools for the kids. My youngest grandchild wore himself out in the shallow pool and loved the water spurts and the slides. My older grandchild loved the big kids pool with the basketball hoop. The Hotel had good food and good service and the rooms were really nice. My only complaint would be the help in the snack bar - can you please put someone in there that can think???? We had to tell her how to cook a hotdog - lol. The location is great - there are many shops and restaurants ... right by the hotel and Dave and Busters is across the street. My Son's Family Loved it!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
HolidayInnMG, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Thank you for the nice comments about our hotel and waterpark. I am glad to hear that your entire family, no matter what age, was able to enjoy their stay. I agree that the waterpark is a very fun area for children of many ages. I appreciate the feedback both good and bad and we will use it to address your area of concern in the concession area so we can improve on our customer service even further. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again.
Jonesboro, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

This was in a perfect spot for shopping and the waterpark was really cute. We were there on a weekday so the slides were not in operation but our 2 year old had a blast on all the other water attractions for his size. The room was clean and quiet. You can't go wrong with a Holiday Inn. We were in route to Minneapolis and stopped and requested a room and got one without any trouble.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
HolidayInnMG, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for the nice review about our hotel. We strive daily to provide a clean hotel for our guests and are glad to hear your thoughts about our quality and cleanliness. It is great to hear that your family was able to relax and enjoy the pool area during your visit. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope the rest of your trip was great.

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes? Share your experiences!