“Just so so, will not go go, again.” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
minneapolis
“Just so so, will not go go, again.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We met at Mt Fuji for our quarterly Sushi dine out experience.

Our service was a bit slow, but the manager did jump in and help when we asked. Drinks seemed fine, just slightly pricey.

The bathrooms really need an upgrade or a good cleaning. Not trying to be picky, but I believe a clean front of the house, makes for a clean back of the house.

My Sushi was really good. I had the Pink Leoperd which was fun because of the pink soy paper wrap. Also, my veggie tumpura was good and the ginger sauce made it very good. I added cream cheese to my roll and that was an extra $1. Everyone else seemed to also like their sushi. One of the sushi dinners is probably the best deal for price and quanity. All the rolls were good size and could be shared.

A fellow dinner had the Chicken Hibachi Plate and said it was not good. "Awful" was the word he used. But another had the Steak Hibachi and said it was good. Miso was very salty.

Over all - we wont go back. To many other Sushi places to try.

Parking in the front can be scarce, but they do have a big parking lot in the back. I did notice that part of the mall is very empty so parking is free and shouldn't be a problem.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Medina, Minnesota
“Not sure where negative reviews come from. I have had a great meal consistently.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Today is my third time here. It is generally not very busy Sunday noon ish.
The udon is best I have had since moving to MN a few months ago. Highly recommended. As is the spicy yellowtail sushi.

I haven't had anything that was not good but those two are standout good to me.

The sushi I have gotten is fresh tasting and well prepared. Tempura always hot and light just like I have had in Japan or Hong Kong.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Discusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I will never go there again. I bought a groupon and went there with a friend of mine, they assumed he was my boyfriend, put our dinners on the same check and wouldn't honor his groupon. On top of The manager argueing with us for an hour once we got our bill, there was a huge black hair in our meal that they wouldn't take back or refund us for! I was absolutely discusted with this place and will never go back. So because I has a group on which only saved me ten dollars they justified the black hair in my food with that. As if. Left angry and unsatisfied. Dissapointed and still hungry because after that hair was in my food I couldnt eat. Ew

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We go there a couple of times a year, I hate to say it but it is going downhill a bit (as other reviews suggest). We went on a busy evening expecting to wait. We did and sat at the bar for about 15 minuted...nobody ever came to ask us if we wanted anything. Servers came and made drinks to take to their tables but nobody served us. They were under-staffed but they obviously could have at least given us the "be right with you" but never did.
Food was good as usual but we may be looking for another place to try.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Minnesota
“Print out your Groupon”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I've been to Mt Fuji at this same location before and remembered good food, so when they did a Groupon deal, I snatched it. We went there for lunch hoping the Groupon would be good for that but the server said it was only good for hibachi dinner. Fair enough, I ordered the hibachi dinner and my sister ordered the salmon teriyaki lunch (which is not included in the Groupon) and a few other items.

The food took a while to come, and the server forgot our soup and salad that come with the food. She also forgot that my sister ordered out of the lunch menu, so she gave her the dinner entree instead which was double the price and size. To be fair, the server seemed nice enough, we just wished she didn't bungle the order. Then when I showed my Groupon voucher on my phone, the server took my phone to the counter! Lesson learned, print out your Groupon! (I have gone to other restaurants with Groupons and I just showed it on my phone and they just copied the numbers.)

As for the food, it was okay. But next time, I think I would go to Benihana.

• Visited February 2013