“Fun Atmosphere & Good Food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Maple Grove, Minnesota
“Fun Atmosphere & Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The grilled cheese was good but I didn't care for the chips which seemed very greasy. They were busy but the server was friendly and came back often to check on us. The house wine that was on happy hour was much better than most house wines I've had. We'll be back.

Visited November 2014

Hell, Michigan
“Smack dab in the middle..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2014

Took a few minutes to be seated which was odd since the tables were mostly empty. The waitress was quick to take my order but she didn't bring sugar or sweetener out with my iced tea and I had to wait for her yo come back. The soup and salad were good except there were some wilted greens in my salad that should have been picked out in the kitchen

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Not wowed!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2014

My wife and I have been meaning to try out the Maple Tavern in Maple Grove for over a year now. We finally stopped in Friday night.

The atmosphere is dimly lit. There are a few tv's, but it's certainly not "sportsy" inside.

We sat at the bar rail, where the service is typically much better. However, our bartender was slow to bring us menus; instead fighting with the blender for another guest and serving some regulars. I asked for a beer menu, since they had a lot of craft beer on tap. She just pointed to the taps (which I could not read very from a distance), so I just opted for the monthly special. After not getting our menus for at least 10 minutes, another bartender finally came in and plopped the menus in front of us. She was friendlier, but the damage had already been done.

I must say, the food WAS good. My wife had a turkey + avocado sandwich and I had the pulled pork sandwich. Both were good for bar food.

Unfortunately, even with good bar food, the poor service and lackluster atmosphere don't justify a return visit. I wouldn't recommend Maple Tavern for drinks or food.

• Visited October 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Don't go!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2014

We went to maple Tavern after a wedding reception. A few of the girls that worked there were sitting at the bar drinking after work, They intentionally pored a glass of red wine on the bride's wedding dress.( they called it dump the dress) The bartender gave them the wine knowing full well what they were up to. Stay away! They clearly have no management or class!!

oak grove
“Meah----”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

My husband and I were invited to a birthday celebration here just last week. We sat out on the deck, enjoyed some drinks and the nice weather. We both ordered the steak bites which we have had before at other restaurants but not at Maple Tavern. We won't be ordering them again if we go back there. The seasoning used on the steak was good but oh my---they were way overdone,. And sitting on top of a bed of those deep fried onion straws, which I have never been a fan of,. Perhaps the burgers are better according to other reviews.

• Visited July 2014