“Evolution burger is a must have!!” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Evolution burger is a must have!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband and I went here during the weekday for dinner. Here are our observations...

Staff was helpful and nice. The hostess sat us down and gave us the menus. Within 30 seconds, a waitress came by and gave me the correct menu (the hostess apparently gave me a lunch menu and not the dinner menu). I hadn't even noticed I had the wrong menu but that waitress obviously did so kudos to her and attention to detail. (By the way, she wasn't even taking care of the area we were in).

Some of the food was average, some was above-average. We ordered the chicken satay for an appetizer. Unfortunately, the chicken was overcooked and very dry. The cabbage salad with sweet chili sauce that accompanied it was pretty tasty though. We also ordered the Tavern wings and my husband enjoyed those.

For our entrees, we ordered the Evolution Burger (it was PHENOMENAL with so many fantastic flavors) and the Maple Jalapeno burger (so so). If we go back, we would just do a take-out in order to try the Peanut Butter burger.

One thing I was bummed about was that if you wanted french fries with your burger, you have to pay an additional $1.50! For a $10-$12 burger, I would have expected fries to be included. They do give you a heaping size of chips (which we both left because really, who takes home potato chips in a doggie bag?)

Decor was typical bar type atmosphere. Overall, an average place.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Tremendous experience in a Maple Grove original”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

My wife and our two year old went here on a Friday. It was our first time here and their signage said est. 2010 so it's relatively new. The food was Fantastic! We split an order of wings with smoky BBQ sauce. The wings were crispy and juicy, sauce was great. I ordered a cup of their beer cheese with cheddar popcorn. For reference, it is superior to Granite City, which is good. But Tavern's is better! I ordered the Evolution burger and I don't know where to begin. Burger stuffed with crab meat, and had a cream of wild rice soup sauce on top with crispy onions. After it was brought to the table a manager came to the table and told me its was just added to the menu and he wanted my opinion. Told him it was Fantastic!!! Definitely recommend it x100! My wife ordered fettuccini carbonara and she said it was above average. Our server was nice to our kid and on top of her game. The food came out right on time. It was kind of loud inside because the place was packed! Outdoor seating was packed to, but there was no wait for seating. Great experience and we will be back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Prior Lake, MN
“Good for all ages”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

This is a great place to go - I've been a couple times and the food has always been good and the service is great.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Fun change of pace for the Northwest Metro.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

I have visited Maple Tavern on 4 different occasions. It's a fun, kinda different independent type restaurant. The menu has a wide variety of selections that has always caught my eye when I've visited. There's really 4 different areas at Maple Tavern. There's and outside patio, the sit down restaurant portion, a bar & down stairs there is another bar and stage for live music. My biggest gripe is that the bar seating and downstairs seating seems limited and on 2 occassions Ive had to stand around and wait for something to open in the bar (I know a minor gripe). Beyond that, the drink selection and food menu have good variety and I'll probably stop in every now & then with friends for apps and some drinks. I hope this is helpful!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great spot for all occasions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

I've been there many times for all different occasions. Lunch, dinner, and just for a few drinks. The food was good and the service was great! I always end up staying longer than originally plan because it's got such a fun atmosphere. If you wanna go somewhere that has it all, this is the spot!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere