“Always a good experience in fine dining....” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Minnesota
“Always a good experience in fine dining....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Can honestly say we have never been disappointed in a meal prepared at the Hubbell House...
we were in a little bit of a hurry last time but ordered their pit ham dinner....excellent fast meal.
Always enjoy their wonderful garlic toast, in fact usually buy some to take home! Their desserts are always the best...once had a lemon pie that was the best I've ever tasted....home made ...not lemon filling out of a can like most restaurant use. for a special night, for a family gathering or
a girl's lunch I choose driving to Mantorville's Hubbell House.....you will not be disappointed....

• Visited August 2013

Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Interesting and historic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We were in Rochester and friends insisted we head to Hubble House for lunch. We are glad we did. The service was excellent and prices reasonable for fine dining. We all enjoyed our meals. It is an old supper club type menu but done fairly well. The onion rings, steak, walleye, rolls and pie were excellent. My black and blue salad was average and would have been better if the dressing was mixed in. The seasoning wasn't very flavorful and the steak was a bit dry. The chicken pasta salad that came with my husband's entree was uninteresting with a few pieces of dry (looked poached) chicken. Not everything was perfect but enough was done nicely that we will be back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Albert Lea, Minnesota
“One of the BEST !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

First time we've been to the Hubble House in Mantorville,MN.What a fantastic meal !! The service was some of the best we've ever had.Nice menu,priced just right,nice portions !The setting was wonderful !! We will most certainly be back again !!!!!we were there over the Marigold Days Event.Well worth the drive !!

• Visited September 2013
Newton, Iowa
“Historic Building, Beautifully Decorated and Good Food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Looking for someplace to take my wife out for her birthday, I had found this little gem online while looking for things to do and see on our trip to the Twin Cities and Southeastern Minnesota. On our way home from Winona, MN. I had planned on stopping and surprising her, as she is a Victorian Era Fanatic and by the pictures on the web page she would love this place.

Once we stepped inside the old limestone building I knew I had hit a home-run at least with the décor. The look on my wife's face was priceless, as she was as giddy as a child in a toy store. Once seated at our table and we sunk into our plush dining chairs, it took a few minutes to open the menus as we were to busy looking at the dishes and artifacts on the walls and chandeliers on the ceiling. It is decked to the hilt with Victorian Flair, including the place setting and tableware (the sugar bowls were Victorian). My only observation was that the salt and pepper shakers did not go with everything else on the table. There should have been salts, butter pats and the knife rest, but everything else was replica of the era.

After finally opening the menu, we found the selection of entrees to cover just about anyone's appetite. There were sandwiches, home-style dinners, and what I would call up-scale restaurant entrees. The prices range from $5.99 appetizers to $39.99 Steak and Lobster. Tammy ordered the Cheddar Steak and I had the Smoked Pork Chop. When our meals arrived, they looked and smelt very inviting and tasted even better than they looked. The portions were quite satisfying and filling and left us not needing dessert which looked and sounded very tasty as well.

If you are in the Mantorville, MN area, a history buff (been opened since 1854) love vintage décor and want good food, I highly recommend this place. Well worth the money.

Also if you don't eat in the Bar, you have to check it out after your dinner, even if you don't drink. The back bar is truly a site to behold and a beautiful work of architecture.

• Visited August 2013
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Interesting place with charm”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I chose this restaurant as an escape out of Rochester for the evening. It is about a 20 minute (easy) drive from Rochester and located in the small, quaint town of Mantorville, MN. The building has been around since 1854 and the same family has owned a restaurant in this location for more than 60 years.

The decor is a flash back in time and suits the restaurant. Although the food was good, it was nothing special. I had the fillet (large) and my guest had lobster tails and a beef tenderloin.

As I mentioned before, the drive and the escape were worth the time and effort. If you go, don't expect fine dining.

• Visited July 2013