“Look no further...AmericInn Mankato is an A+++ Hotel with A+++ Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of AmericInn Hotel & Suites Mankato _ Conference Center

You added AmericInn Hotel & Suites Mankato _ Conference Center to your Saves list
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Mankato _ Conference Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   240 Stadium Road, Mankato, MN 56001   |
Special Offer
Free Hot Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Mankato
Minneapolis, MN
“Look no further...AmericInn Mankato is an A+++ Hotel with A+++ Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2010

I stayed at the AmericInn located on Stadium Road in Mankato a couple of weeks ago as a getaway night with a friend of mine. The hotel has wonderful staff and is very clean and comfortable. It has a great swimming pool with hot tub and is one of the few hotels that still serves a Continental Breakfast! It is in a perfect location - near many restaurants, shopping, and bars! We also visited the liquor store, Stadium Spirits, in the mall located right next door to the hotel. They had a great selection with wonderful service!
I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone and I will continue to stay there on any of my future visits to Mankato!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Emoat, Front Office Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Mankato _ Conference Center, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
Dear "knr13",

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! We greatly appreciate your kind words, and look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in town!

Assistant Front Desk Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
O'Fallon, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2009

Confortable bed. Beautiful lobby. Friendly staff. HD TV - some channels. A caveat - I took a handicapped room because it was cheaper. It had a walk in shower, but the floor wasn't sloped toward the drain so the water ran across the bathroom floor. I have no way of knowing if all the handicapped rooms are like that - it may have been a quirk of my room. They claim high speed internet but I was never able to connect to it. I wwas able to connect to an open network nearby. Others in our group had no problem.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Dear "richb55",

Thank you so much for taking the time to share you opinions with the TripAdvisor community! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We'd love to have again as our guest next time you are in town; you can check out our upgrades, including entirely new tiling in the rooms as well as an upgrade to our complimentary wifi! We look forward to seeing you again!

Mankato, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2008

I attended a Climate Change Forum and traveled from Minneapolis and stayed at the hotel as well. It was a great experience. The meeting room was spacious and a convenient location for travelers.

• Liked — Customer Service, Convenient Location
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dear "mishesdei16",

We greatly appreciate you taking time to share your thoughts with us, and are pleased to hear you had a positive experience! We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future!

Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2007

The Americinn in Mankato is adjacent to the university campus as well as a small strip mall with several restaurants and a movie theater. The location makes it convenient for those involved in campus activities. During our stay there were several junior high school sports teams, making the hotel a little loud. The hotel has a nice pool with hot tub and fitness area, which is open until midnight. We had booked a non-smoking king, but the room smelled very smoky. There were no ashtrays or other outward signs that it was a smoking room, so the room could have been recently converted to non-smoking or perhaps the smoke was carryover from a nearby room. The smell permeated our clothing and luggage, and was especially noticeable upon return home. The room was an adequate size, and the fridge and microwave were nice amenities. However, I felt the room was not a good value for the money. There was no closet -- a bar with hangers was provided above the microwave. The bathroom was very small and a little dingy. In addition, we were supplied with one bar of soap. The vanity with sink is separated by a door from the bathroom (tub/shower), so this makes washing up a little awkward. In my opinion, this was a real economy hotel charging a premium price. I feel travelers in Mankato may find a better value elsewhere.

• Liked — pool and hot tub
  • Disliked — smoky, cheaply appointed, loud
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Dear "wisnjc",

I'd like to thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and share your thoughts. I'm sorry you felt the room was not a good value. Since your stay, we have made many drastic upgrades to various areas of our hotel including a brand new breakfast room, new carpet and mattresses, as well as flat-panel tvs and new tiling in every room. We have also become 100% non-smoking, as well as pet-free. We would love to have you again as our guest, and would appreciate the opportunity to show off our many upgrades. We think you'll be very pleased.

Fargo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2006

First off, I am a firm believer in a few simple things when it comes to hotels and pricing. First of all, a handicapped room should not cost more or less than a standard room. Same thing goes with a smoking vs non smoking room.

When I booked this reservation I noticed that a handicapped room was $10.00 less than a standard room. I didn't feel this is right so I booked that room type anyways. I then called the hotel prior to our arrival and advised them that I have a handicapped room and I don't need that type of room in case someone else with special needs could use it, but I do not want to pay more for my room if I am switched. Well, the day we checked in it turns out that someone who needed that room type got our room, which was fine. However, the front desk girl wanted to then charge me $30.00 more for a standard room because that is what the going rate was at the time of checkin. Well, I stayed firm about the situation and we did get a standard room at the rate I originally selected. However, I should NOT have been given a run-around in the first place! I do not park in handicapped spots when a parking lot is full nor do I purposely try to stay in a handicapped room if someone else can use it. I do not feel that anyone should pay more or less for their needs. The same thing is true for some hotels that try to charge more for a non-smoking room than a smoking room because they know there is more of a demand for those rooms. It is just not right.

Besides from all that, the stay was okay. The beds were not the most comfortable but everything else was just fine. There was free high speed internet, fridge in the room and the vending machines were not outrageously priced. The sink was also located outside the bathroom which makes it easier for more than one person getting ready in the morning. The bathroom itself was spacious enough and clean. The shower also had a nice water pressure.

The free breakfast in the morning consisted of waffles, hard boiled eggs, bagels, toast, english muffins, instant oatmeal, apples, doughnuts, cereal, juices and coffee. I feel that the area to get the breakfast was cramped, especially when there is a lot of people there. They need to move some of the tables futher away from the cupboard area of the food or get a new layout all together. We just skipped the breakfast the first day because there was too many people and the lines were not moving due to the cramped buffet area.

The hotel is located right across the street from the Viking's Football Camp (Go Vikes!) which was very nice as you can save money on parking. Also, there is a pop machine next to the sidewalk if you want to stock up on pop for $1.00 before going into the camp. Because of the hotel's location, I might stay at this property again in the future. If I came to Mankato for anything other than the football camp, I'd stay elsewhere.

Stayed August 2006
Dear "sweetnesspalace",

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and share your opinion, it is greatly appreciated. I was pleased to hear that, for the most part, your stay was pleasant. I deeply apologize for any inconvenience the room type and rate issue may have caused. At the time of your stay, our accessible rooms had not yet been remodeled (the hotel was being remodeled in sections). The fact that it was not an updated room at the time was reflected in the rates. However, it was very kind of you to call and inform us that you did not need the accessible should someone who needed it could use it. Again, I am sorry to hear about the mix-up and that you had been asked to pay extra when you helped us accommodate another guest's health needs.

You may be pleased to hear that, since your stay, we have undergone many drastic upgrades in each and every one of our rooms, most recent of which being flat-panel tvs and brand new tiling. We've also put in new carpet, purchased new Serta mattresses, and have even constructed an entirely new breakfast room off the lobby to allow for more space and flow.

We would appreciate the opportunity to show you our many upgrades, and hope to see you again in the future. (Go Vikes!)

Assistant Front Desk Manager

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Mankato _ Conference Center? Share your experiences!