“Disappointed but they made it right - mostly” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 16 hotels in Mankato
New Ulm, MN
“Disappointed but they made it right - mostly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We needed a place to stay in an April (!!!) Minnesota snow storm. Booked Comfort Inn because of the reasonable price and the advertised hot tub and pool as well as free HBO and Showtime. Check in went well and we were given a bag of popcorn and bottle of water (nice touch!). Another nice touch was a beverage and big bowl of pretzels in the lobby for an afternoon snack and free US and local newspapers. Rooms have microwave and fridge. Our room was clean and comfortable, with free Internet and large flat screen TVs - TV did not have Showtime though. Biggest disappointment was a sign on the pool door that the pool and hot tub were broken and closed - wouldn't be fixed before we checked out. This was the only reason I couldn't give the highest rating to this motel. Looking through the window the hot tub and pool looked great, but I couldn't rate it;-( When we checked out, they said we could return and use the pool sometime without checking in, which we will do. Breakfast was typical high carb but they did have cold hard-boiled eggs. We'd stay there again. Were told it would be changing to a Quality Inn soon if you are looking for it - it is next to a Red Lobster and close to a shopping mall with a movie theater.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

i went to comfort inn with my girl friend for the weekend stay. I was really surprised to see how this hotel has changed.. 50 inches tv is the biggest i have seen in any hotel. The new hot tub is best in the town. Staff was friendly. Rooms were clean. In my opinion this the best value for money in the town.. Definitely many more nights iam going to spend there.

Room Tip: Suite's have two TVs.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Upon initial contact with the personal od the Hotel I felt very comfortable. The clerk directed from my location to the Hotel, her instructions were right on the money. No hassle traffic drive. Arriving at the lobby the clerk made me feel right at home. Comfortable speaking with her regarding the layout of the hotel and the check in and check out times, also the rules governing the hotel. She answered each of my questions in a friendly manner, something I have not experience before when checking in to a hotel. The room was very clean and the additional services provided to me, such as getting a jump to start my auto because I left my car lights on. Very courteous staff and a wonderful, quite stay.
Hot Tub and Pool area is Excellant
Fully renovated rooms with 50" Tv
Very Nice Breakfast

Room Tip: Hot Tub and Pool is Exceptional
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
La Crosse, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I probably would have given this hotel 5 stars had the Internet not been so slow making it near impossible to finish working.

Everything else was great, new flat screen tv was great and room looked updated and clean. Bathroom was rather small but wasn't a huge deal to me.

Will probably search for another hotel when Im in the area again just because of the Internet.

Overall decent hotel for the price if Internet isn't a big deal to you.

• Stayed March 2013
Mankato, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Being college students at MNSU, my gf and I decided to come stay here for a night over the weekend. We were looking for a quiet chilled out night , where we could order some chinese takeaway and watch a scary movie or two. I got a decent deal at a travel website and must say that the stay was worth every penny. The room was very comfortable and recently renovated , I suppose. And the best part was that the 50 inch HDTV. I was smart enough to bring with my laptop and an HDMI cable, so I could hook up my laptop to the TV. The slow internet connection was a pain though. And the receptionist at check in was not quite friendly either defying the " Minnesota Nice " stereotype. I did not care much though. The positives here outweigh the negatives and I would definitely be coming back here for another movie and chinese takeaway night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Wife and I stayed here one night, with our two small dogs. The room was really quite nice, big HDTV, two comfortable beds, great shower head, and a free bottle of water. The comp breakfast was above average, but not great, since few are. Wife enjoyed the waffle, my bagel took forever to toast and was just so/so. Rate was fair, with $10 extra for dog. Parking is limited if you have a truck with trailer or RV.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
vikasbks, Owner at Quality inn Mankato, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you porkman for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our
hotel. I am glad that you liked our hotel and the little gesture of free water bottle.
Yes, Parking is just adequate. Our standard procedure in the event when there
are big vehicles like RV and trailers would be to arrange parking for them, if we are
made aware of travel plans in advance.

Our New Hot Tub with Waterfall feature will be up and running by the end of March.

We have fully renovated our hotel with New Guest rooms, 50 inches TV New carpet, New Furniture. We hope that you continue to stay with us each and every time you are in the Mankato area!

Please visit us in 2013 and see our ground up renovations.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eagan, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Went for a hockey game and could not even have a can of beer with other parents while our kids swam....really lame. rude front desk.
Should find a hotel that allows some fun for kids and adults.
It is unfortunate because the hotel is clean, but too strict.

• Stayed February 2013
Prince S, General Manager at Quality inn Mankato, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. We appreciate any suggestions or comments our guests may have so that we may strive to being better service providers for our future guests. We apologize if we upset you by sticking to our policy about not having food or beverages in our pool area. I can understand that you wanted to enjoy your time away by relaxing with your friends and family in this manner. We hope you understand that we have this policy in place to protect ALL of our guests by not allowing food or beverages in the pool area. We want to prevent anyone from getting hurt or sick. We also want to avoid any possible reason for closing down our pool area, especially during a very busy time. Therefore, we keep to a strict policy with no food or beverage in the pool area.

I would really like to apologize if my staff was rude to you. Please realize that this is not the kind of service or experience that the Mankato Comfort Inn expects to provide. I will be investigating this incident further with the staff. I sincerely hope that this incident will not prevent you from giving us a chance in the future.

Been to Quality inn Mankato? Share your experiences!