“Terribly slow Internet” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Mankato
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Terribly slow Internet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I probably would have given this hotel 5 stars had the Internet not been so slow making it near impossible to finish working.

Everything else was great, new flat screen tv was great and room looked updated and clean. Bathroom was rather small but wasn't a huge deal to me.

Will probably search for another hotel when Im in the area again just because of the Internet.

Overall decent hotel for the price if Internet isn't a big deal to you.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Mankato, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Being college students at MNSU, my gf and I decided to come stay here for a night over the weekend. We were looking for a quiet chilled out night , where we could order some chinese takeaway and watch a scary movie or two. I got a decent deal at a travel website and must say that the stay was worth every penny. The room was very comfortable and recently renovated , I suppose. And the best part was that the 50 inch HDTV. I was smart enough to bring with my laptop and an HDMI cable, so I could hook up my laptop to the TV. The slow internet connection was a pain though. And the receptionist at check in was not quite friendly either defying the " Minnesota Nice " stereotype. I did not care much though. The positives here outweigh the negatives and I would definitely be coming back here for another movie and chinese takeaway night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Wife and I stayed here one night, with our two small dogs. The room was really quite nice, big HDTV, two comfortable beds, great shower head, and a free bottle of water. The comp breakfast was above average, but not great, since few are. Wife enjoyed the waffle, my bagel took forever to toast and was just so/so. Rate was fair, with $10 extra for dog. Parking is limited if you have a truck with trailer or RV.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
vikasbks, Owner at Quality inn Mankato, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you porkman for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our
hotel. I am glad that you liked our hotel and the little gesture of free water bottle.
Yes, Parking is just adequate. Our standard procedure in the event when there
are big vehicles like RV and trailers would be to arrange parking for them, if we are
made aware of travel plans in advance.

Our New Hot Tub with Waterfall feature will be up and running by the end of March.

We have fully renovated our hotel with New Guest rooms, 50 inches TV New carpet, New Furniture. We hope that you continue to stay with us each and every time you are in the Mankato area!

Please visit us in 2013 and see our ground up renovations.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eagan, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Went for a hockey game and could not even have a can of beer with other parents while our kids swam....really lame. rude front desk.
Should find a hotel that allows some fun for kids and adults.
It is unfortunate because the hotel is clean, but too strict.

• Stayed February 2013
Prince S, General Manager at Quality inn Mankato, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. We appreciate any suggestions or comments our guests may have so that we may strive to being better service providers for our future guests. We apologize if we upset you by sticking to our policy about not having food or beverages in our pool area. I can understand that you wanted to enjoy your time away by relaxing with your friends and family in this manner. We hope you understand that we have this policy in place to protect ALL of our guests by not allowing food or beverages in the pool area. We want to prevent anyone from getting hurt or sick. We also want to avoid any possible reason for closing down our pool area, especially during a very busy time. Therefore, we keep to a strict policy with no food or beverage in the pool area.

I would really like to apologize if my staff was rude to you. Please realize that this is not the kind of service or experience that the Mankato Comfort Inn expects to provide. I will be investigating this incident further with the staff. I sincerely hope that this incident will not prevent you from giving us a chance in the future.
Westbrook, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

My sister and I just stayed in Mankato, Mn. at the comfort inn, for a sister's weekend. My sister booked over the phone and after asking about a hot tub, was told that the hot tub was being renovated and not able to be used. We decided to stay anyway as they had a nice pool. The room was very nice, and the staff was great...they have pretzels and lemonade available all day. We tried to go swimming, but the pool was SO cold, we couldn't. The person working, did check the water temp and said it seemed to be cooling off, but didn't know what to do to fix it. We did try later again, and it was still too cold. Two other people came in to swim but changed their minds, also, after testing the water. We were a little disappointed, especially since there was no hot tub. Breakfast was pretty good, nothing extravagant, but I'm not a breakfast lover, so what was there was ample. All in all, its a nice place to stay, good location...would probably stay here again....hot tub is supposed to be fixed sometime this month??

Room Tip: we had a room not far from lobby...not noisy, and was very comfy
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Prince S, Manager at Quality inn Mankato, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you GKD624 for taking time to review one of your recent stays with us at the Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels in Mankato, MN. We appreciate you choosing us and love hearing feedback from our guests. We are very sorry that pool was cold, but you will be glad to know that it has been fixed. Our New Hot Tub with Waterfall feature will be up and running by the end of February.

Fargo, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stayed while visiting kids at University.Hotel has the best location in town, Next to mall and hundreds of restaurants.Fully renovated hotel, 50" Tv's, Nice pool, Hot Tub is being renovated.Nice and comfortable beds, totally new rooms. I have stayed in many hotels in Mankato and staying at Comfort inn was the best experience we had. I recommend this hotel to everyone visiting Mankato.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Sacramento, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed here for a weekend. it was way better than I was expecting. Staff is very friendly and welcoming. Rooms are clean, spacious and very comfortable beds. Would highly recommend it. Nice deal for good price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Prince S, Manager at Quality inn Mankato, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review one of your recent stays with us at the Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels in Mankato, MN. We appreciate you choosing us and love hearing feedback from our guests.

We have fully renovated our hotel with New Guest rooms, 50 inches TV New carpet, New Furniture and our New Hot Tub with Waterfall feature will be up and running by the middle of February.

Been to Quality inn Mankato? Share your experiences!