“Great room, great price” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #6 of 15 hotels in Mankato
Moorhead, Minnesota
“Great room, great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I booked my room through Priceline as a 2 1/2 star Motel for $35 a night plus tax and fees! Best deal I have gotten on Priceline by far.

My room was neat and clean.

The breakfast had hot waffles, fresh and packaged fruit, Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, 3 kinds of coffee, several juices, bread for toast, cereal, oatmeal + add on's like raisins and brown sugar, milk. There were more choices available that I don't remember. There is plenty of seating room. (I can only speak for during the week on this)

The hot tub and pool area were neat and clean with lots of towels available.

Free news papers in the lobby each morning, The Mankato Free Press and USA Today.

The shampoo and soap that is available in the room is not heavily scented which is a good thing. The shower was clean, had hot water and good water pressure.

I will definitely go to this hotel again.

Room Tip: Book through Priceline for a better discount. The best the front desk could do for price was $59 plu...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
James S, Manager at Fairfield Inn Mankato, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Thank you so much Mr. Paul for your kind comments. I have to say this is one of the most attention to detail surveys I have read in a long time. You may have missed your calling as a hotel inspector. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to tell us about your stay. My staff and I really appreciate hearing great feedback from our guests. Have a great day!

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Sauk Centre, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

This was another winner from Priceline and I have to agree with an earlier writer that their breakfast is better than most. The rooms are clean, spacious and quiet with an abundance of channels to pick from on the TV. The area around the hotel has a wealth of shopping and dining places available and, all in all, our stay here made for a very nice weekend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the wonderful review. My staff and I strive for excellence. It is our promise to our guests to make your stay the most enjoyable and relaxing. Also, thank you for pointing out our great location. For our viewers who haven't had the opportunity to stay with us yet, we are conveniently located near the mall, Applebee’s, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, and many more great restaurants and shopping areas. Thank you again for taking the time out of your busy day to write this kind review. Have a wonderful day!
Rochester, minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

You will be pleasantly surprised at the Fairfield Inn. The hotel looks like it has been recently remodeled. Everything is in immaculate shape. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. We enjoyed the continental breakfast in the morning, it has the delicious waffles but also provided breakfast sandwiches which you don't often see at a hotel. The location is great. The staff friendly. And a price that can't be beat.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
James S, Manager at Fairfield Inn Mankato, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thank you Gary for taking the time out of your day to let us know about your stay. We appreciate hearing great feedback! I'm glad you liked the breakfast. This summer we will be launching some additions including scrambled eggs and sausage. We look forward to the upgrade. Thank you again for staying with us! Have a great day!
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I travel 100 + nights a year and Fairfields have always provided a top notch place to stay and this one is right on... Purchased on Priceline for a great deal...Check in was fast and friendly. My room was spacious and very up to date with an A+ on the clean catagory. Great breakfast items all set out neatly with a complimentary paper. Great bed with plenty of pillows and a flat panel TV. I do not hand out many excallent ratings, but this one gets it.

Room Tip: I always ask for upper floor end of halland always have good luck
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
James S, Manager at Fairfield Inn Mankato, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you so much Chris for your kind comments and for staying with us. Our staff definately takes pride in what they do and enjoy seeing it through feedback from our satisfied guests. Thank you again for staying with us and taking the time out of your busy schedule to pass your comments onto us. Have a great day!
Waverly, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is a nice hotel. They were ready for us and check in was quick. The young man at the desk was very friendly and helpful. Hotel was clean, pool looked very clean also. There is an elevator so hotel is handicapped accessible. Halls were well lit and clean. Our room was clean and up to date. Very comfortable bed, pillows. Nice hot shower! nice looking comp breakfast,checkout was fast and everyone friendly! You would like a stay here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
James S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Mankato, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you so much for your generous comments! We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to tell us about your stay. I will be sure to pass it along to staff, including the Front Desk Agent, Kiel who checked you in. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon.
Storm Lake, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Nice hotel. Very clean and friendly staff. Rooms are spacious and neatly decorated and added details (fun mirrors, colors, carpet design) to the room make it special. The free breakfast had lots of items to choose from, hot items like waffels, oatmeal, and breakfast sandwiches/burritos, plus other items like bagels, pasteries, breads, cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit, milk, juices, and coffee. Beds have nice pillowtop mattresses or really good mattress pads. Slept like a baby every night I was there. The hotel is central to the shopping district and has many eating places around it. Couldn't complain about anything and would definately stay again!

Room Tip: Stayed one the third floor and never heard neighbors.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
James S, Manager at Fairfield Inn Mankato, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you so much for the great comments! I appreciate you taking the time to tell about your stay at our hotel, and I will be sure to pass them along to our staff - who also enjoy hearing feedback from our guests! We can't wait to have you stay with us again.
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Rooms are nice and clean with flat screen tv. I stay here whenever I am in Mankato and the rooms are pretty quiet and I enjoy that aspect of this hotel. I don't know what else to say because this place is exactly what you would expect from a Fairfield and they do treat you right.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn Mankato? Share your experiences!