“Nice and Typical Fairfield Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #6 of 15 hotels in Mankato
Iowa
“Nice and Typical Fairfield Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Rooms are nice and clean with flat screen tv. I stay here whenever I am in Mankato and the rooms are pretty quiet and I enjoy that aspect of this hotel. I don't know what else to say because this place is exactly what you would expect from a Fairfield and they do treat you right.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Edina, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We were attending a conference in St. Peter Minnesota and had made our reservations 4 months in advance. When we arrived at 8:00 at night to check in we were told that they had "overbooked" the hotel and given our room to someone who had decided to stay an extra night in the "our room".
They said they had booked us a room in another motel 5 minutes away. NOT TRUE!!!. The motel was 4 miles away ---in the heart of the city of Mankato---not right off the highway as is the Fairfield. Because of road closures and detours it took us 20 minutes to get there. The Fairfield could have notified us in advance by email of the overbooking situation. They did not--they simply chose not to honor our reservation which was guaranteed by a credit card. We will never stay in another Marriott hotel again!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
James S, Manager at Fairfield Inn Mankato, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
On behalf of the Mankato Fairfield Inn, please accept my deepest apology to you and your family for disrupting your travel plans. I sincerely regret the inconvenience you have experienced.

I want to assure you the process to change a reservation is a difficult decision we take very seriously. It is our guiding principle in rare and unfortunate events that we take it upon ourselves to work with the guest to ensure a stress-free transition, including 100% compensation for their stay at a competitor hotel. It is also within our procedure to contact each guest prior to arrival, informing them of this change. Unfortunately this is not always possible. In some instances, contact information is restricted due to reservations being booked through a third party; like Expedia or Travelocity.

Because I need more information to look into your specific reservation; I can’t say for certain if we exercised this to the finest. I welcome you to contact me to discuss this further so we can learn from this experience and become better.

We wholeheartedly appreciate the loyalty of our Marriot guests, and we remain committed to earning your respect and business each and every day. Our employees will continue to work around the clock to accommodate all who stay with us!

Kindest Regards,

James G. Serrao
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Hotel is clean and comfortable, located near many restaurants and shops. Breakfast was good. Only complaint is that there is no exercise room- how hard would it be to get 1 treadmill? Instead they said you could drive 2 miles to a gym with a free pass, not really interested in going to a gym in an unfamiliar town, all I really wanted was a treadmill.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was varied and good. Our room was spotless, and the beds and pillows beyond comfortable. The bathroom was large, and it has a very good shower. The room was quiet, and we got a very good night sleep. The only complaint that I really have is the pool area. The pool itself is pretty small, and the hot-tub was only luke-warm. Also the lighting in the pool area was horrible. It was lit with a bunch of 4 foot fluorescent bulbs which made it seem like a hospital operating room. Overall the hotel was fine, but I might look somewhere else next time I was in Mankato.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

The Fairfield in Mankato is clean, the staff was helpful and friendly, the included breakfast is full of options. And use your AARP card for a nice discount. I was traveling with my parents for a family event ad the standard room with 2 queen beds was adequate for the 3 of us.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Eagan, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed here for one night while in Mankato to see Elton John. Check in was quick and easy. We found the hotel conveniently located to the Verizon Center as well as about every eating establishment and store you could want. We were concerned as we returned at 11pm about 4 rooms of college-aged girls who were on some sports team. They had their rooms open and were hanging out. We went into our room and never heard another thing. The room was quiet and spacious and we slept great. Breakfast the following morning had everything we liked - waffles, cereal, great fruit, yogurt, etc. The breakfast room was crowded for a Monday morning (I can't imagine a weekend) but we found seats and enjoyed our breakfast. I would recommend the Fairfield Inn!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Mankato, responded to this review, April 29, 2012
Thank you, my staff and I appreciate the positive feedback. We strive to make the Mankato Fairfield Inn your "Home away from Home." Looking forward to having you stay with us again soon.
Sioux Falls, SD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

I just got back from staying at this hotel. The hotel stay was fine, and the facility was what I expected. However, when it came to check-out they charged we a higher rate than what was quoted on my confirmation. I took my original comfirmation to the front desk but all I received were excuses for why I was charged more than quoted. Very disappointed.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Paul S, Manager at Fairfield Inn Mankato, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your stay. Thank you for choosing the Mankato Fairfield Inn. I will make sure any changes that may occur to a guest's stay are clearly communicated. I want all guests to have the most impressive stay.

Been to Fairfield Inn Mankato? Share your experiences!