“Great Place and Great Value” 5 of 5 stars

Days Inn Mankato
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1285 Range Street, Mankato, MN 56002   |
Ranked #9 of 16 hotels in Mankato
Houston
“Great Place and Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2009

I am on the road for business almost 200 days out of every year so I see my fair share of hotel/motel rooms. I would say this hotel is a great value for those who want to make their dollar go further. They have everything you could want like an indoor pool, hot tub, breakfast, and hbo for a really decent price (almost 1/2 the price of some of the other hotels in that town). The staff was very friendly and helpful in suggesting a great place to eat (Neighbors Italian Bistro). The rooms were large and beds comfortable. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

101 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Grand Island, NE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2009

I was lucky and came to Mankato during the coldest week of the year (-20 to -30F BEFORE WIND CHILL!) Needless to say my car wouldn't start at 7:30 in the morning after it had been sitting out in the cold all night. I didn't have jumper cables on me nor did anyone else who was eating breakfast in the lobby. I asked the front desk employee if she knew of any cheap tow truck companies in town that could give me a jump. She told me not to worry because she could call her husband to come over and give me a jump. Twenty minutes later he arrived and gave me a jump. Now that is service!

• Liked — The service was fantastic
  • Disliked — Only wireless internet... no built in ethernet plug ins
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
st paul mn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2008

I stayed at this hotel recently and have to say that I was not pleased at all with the service or accomodations. First, several channels on the tv were snowy and when I contacted the front desk they said "that I would just have to put up with it." Clearly their front desk needed extra training. The hotel claims to offer wireless internet access but their modem seems to have been down. It was also quite obvious that the previous occupant of the room had a pet as there was cat dander and some other stuff still present in the room. Overall, this was a very bad experience and the next time I am in Mankato I will make an effort to avoid this establishment.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — front dest service
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
nottingham england
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2008

I am a frequent business traveler to the Mankato area and have stayed at most of the hotels in the city. This is by far the worst place you can stay in southern Minnesota. Although the room appeared to be clean at first, the lamp shades and furniture had a layer of dust on them and the bath tub was not entirely free from debris. The hotel was very noisey with kids running down the hallway throughout the night. I contacted the front desk SEVERAL times but nothing was done about the noise. The manager at the front desk in the morning was very rude. After checking out, I was called a rather unpleasant name behind my back but with in full earshot by the manager. How this place manages to stay in business is one of the great mysteries of the universe. If by some odd chance all of the other hotels in Mankato were booked and it came down to a choice between this DAYS INN or the McDonalds parking lot, the parking lot looks pretty good!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Saint Paul, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2008

Hotwire booked this hotel based on my price criteria for the Mankato area. It's located alongside HWY 169, which receives a lot of heavy (noisy) truck traffic. If I stay here again--and I likely will--I'll request a room closest to the West side of the building.

The front-desk service on the day of our check-in was neither cheerful nor annoyed. He was simply there, going about the business of checking people into their rooms. It went quickly.

The pool is very small, like the size of three king-size beds lined up side-by-side. It doesn't take more than, say, a mix of fifteen children and adult swimmers for the place to seem really, really crowded.

The morning breakfast area accommodates maybe six groups of seated guests, two or three to a table, and then it's up to the room to eat breakfast for you, so get down there early. It's got the usual "enhanced [read: waffle maker] continental breakfast" selections.

My son and I had a clean room, and I've no complaints. It's pretty much what I would expect from a motel this size.

The morning staff--who appeared to be just one friendly, hard-working lady, cleaning the breakfast area and checking out people--was genuinely wanting to help.

• Liked — The common areas, the room, the entry way to the motel, the breakfast area: all very clean.
  • Disliked — The property is quite small, but they make the best of the available space.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2007

Only stayed one night. Comfy room with a fridge, but no iron. Helpful guy at the desk. Wireless internet access. Pool/spa - with 'adult' hours starting at 10pm, though when we were in there at 10.30pm two children came in and played around, despite cameras that were ?monitored and staff just a couple of doors away. Pointless 'adult' rule therefore, good in theory though.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
MN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2007

This is a nice place, but there seemed to be a LOT of children running up and down the halls and a LOT of screaming while they ran. When it was still going on after 10:30 at night, along with the noise coming from the room across the hall, we complained.
They came up and talked to them and it stopped. Then later, we were awakened by the sound of people tromping up and down the halls and doors slamming all over the floor.
Since it was coming from all over the floor, I didn't quite know how to complain about an entire floor, and we tried to get back to sleep, which eventually we did. Only to be awakened again and again.
We found out that there was a baseball tournement going on and a couple of teams were staying on our floor. I know it was inconsideration on the baseball players fault, but I found the hotel offers discounts to more than 10 people so I bet this happens a lot with large families and sports teams.
This would be a nice place to relax and enjoy the peace and quiet, but only if you're deaf.

• Liked — the room was nice and the staff courteous
  • Disliked — The noisiest place we ever stayed at.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Days Inn Mankato? Share your experiences!