“Best place to stay in Mankato” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 25%
Ranked #5 of 16 hotels in Mankato
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Best place to stay in Mankato”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I love Mankato because of the Betsy-Tacy connection and have stayed in several other hotels when visiting. This time I was there on business and my company booked the Hilton. I was so impressed. Lovely decor and excellent food from the Olives Restaurant. Very nice breakfast special as well. I will stay there again!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

mankato11, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
We want to sincerely thank you for taking the time to review our property. I know that I, as well as the rest of the staff are committed to making each guest stay a memorable one, and I'm glad you enjoyed your time here.

189 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

just stupid you don't know someone is stuck in an elevator for one half hour to 45minutes till someone sounds the fire alarm for help and wakes up everyone that's sleeping or whatever and makes them evacuate the hotel for a half hour to 45 minutes more

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

mankato11, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for saying with us and also for the review of our property. I do apologize for the inconvenience of alarms sounding during your stay and would like to offer this explanation for both the elevator and the fire alarm.
First, when the elevator is inoperable, a call goes to the elevator company, who then calls us. We cannot, by law do anything at that time to help our guests out. The elevator company discharges a certified mechanic to dislodge the elevator and let people out. It is unfortunate, but it happens when the elevator is overloaded or there is excessive movement which causes the car to default and shut down for the safety of the inhabitants.
I also apologize for one of our guests making the decision to pull the fire alarm, as I was not aware the two things were related, and from my understanding, none of our guests was asked to evacuate the hotel.
Again, my sincere apologies to you and hopefully, you will give us another chance to provide you with the service we pride ourselves on.
Lyons, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Great hotel with a fantastic restaurant, Olives, and helpful staff. I would always stay in this hotel when in the area. I love the hitlon Garden in chain of hotels, and this hotel is a class above the normal HGI due to the high quality restaurant.

Room Tip: I always pick a high floor away from the elevator.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
mankato11, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thanks for the great review on both the hotel and Olives. I am happy you chose our property for your travel needs and also for you dining pleasure. We hope we can welcome you again very soon
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

It's unfortunate that this hotel is adjacent to train tracks with many trains travelling by. The trains cause the building to shake. Otherwise, this was a nice, modern, clean and professionally run HGI.

Room Tip: Maybe asking for a room facing the downtown will help the shaking issue, not sure.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
mankato11, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review our property. I'm glad you found our property to be up to the standards you would expect from a Hilton property. I have not had the trains near the river come up before, so I will have to reserve comments on this issue, but I most definatly will check into it.
Thanks for staying with us, and hopefully you'll allow us the opportunity to be of service to you again in the very near future.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This hotel is very modern and clean. The restaurant is very tasty. The only thing unpleasant was checking in. It was a lady that check me in, Lory, or Laura. She was very unprofessional and barked at me(instead of talking) all the directions and info. There was a line of people behind me waiting, and instead of letting me move on so she could help others she extremely over explained everything. I believe it would be very beneficial for the hotel to have employees that can read body signals, which I believe was not her strong point. I think my body language was very obvious that I needed to get going and she needed to not make others wait unnecessarily. Other than this I love the style and food at this hotel.

Room Tip: I would suggest a high floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
mankato11, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I apologize for the amount of information we need to convey to you when checking in, but over time we have come to the conclusion that more is actually better. I would much rather give to much information, then to have a guest tell me they were never told someything about our property. I'm also surprised by Lori's behavior, as she has been nothing short of outstanding. I will certainly have a talk with her and obvoiusly, I would offer my apologies for her. Thanks again for your comments, as they most certainly help us become better in all aspects of our business.
Marshall, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on Friday night because I like Hilton Hotels. The hotel is right across he street from the Mankato civic center, so if your going to an event there, this is very convenient to stay at. hey do have Internet both wifi & hard wired in the rooms.There is a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, ironing board & iron and a hair dryer in the rooms. They also have a pool & hot tub, a business center, fitness facility and a restaurant on site. when parking there for the night, it is best to park on the third floor of the attached parking ramp and enter the hotel on the third floor level also. this is a fairly new hotel, very clean with very helpful staff from what I have witnessed.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
mankato11, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests especially when they have enjoyed their stay and the service we provide. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Maryville, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Great hotel overall. Very friendly people, clean, and the restaurant was fantastic....excellent location too. Many businesses are "walkable" and they have a sky walk to stay out of the frigid temperature. My husband and daughter had quail at the restaurant - I'm not a big meat eater but tasted it ... FABULOUS!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the fantastic review. We are thrilled you found our property to you liking. We are committed to making each guest's experience a positve one and hope to welocome you back soon.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown? Share your experiences!