“Hilton Garden Inn Mankato, MN” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 25%
Ranked #4 of 15 hotels in Mankato
Lyons, Illinois, United States
“Hilton Garden Inn Mankato, MN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Great hotel with a fantastic restaurant, Olives, and helpful staff. I would always stay in this hotel when in the area. I love the hitlon Garden in chain of hotels, and this hotel is a class above the normal HGI due to the high quality restaurant.

Room Tip: I always pick a high floor away from the elevator.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
mankato11, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thanks for the great review on both the hotel and Olives. I am happy you chose our property for your travel needs and also for you dining pleasure. We hope we can welcome you again very soon

169 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

It's unfortunate that this hotel is adjacent to train tracks with many trains travelling by. The trains cause the building to shake. Otherwise, this was a nice, modern, clean and professionally run HGI.

Room Tip: Maybe asking for a room facing the downtown will help the shaking issue, not sure.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
mankato11, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review our property. I'm glad you found our property to be up to the standards you would expect from a Hilton property. I have not had the trains near the river come up before, so I will have to reserve comments on this issue, but I most definatly will check into it.
Thanks for staying with us, and hopefully you'll allow us the opportunity to be of service to you again in the very near future.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This hotel is very modern and clean. The restaurant is very tasty. The only thing unpleasant was checking in. It was a lady that check me in, Lory, or Laura. She was very unprofessional and barked at me(instead of talking) all the directions and info. There was a line of people behind me waiting, and instead of letting me move on so she could help others she extremely over explained everything. I believe it would be very beneficial for the hotel to have employees that can read body signals, which I believe was not her strong point. I think my body language was very obvious that I needed to get going and she needed to not make others wait unnecessarily. Other than this I love the style and food at this hotel.

Room Tip: I would suggest a high floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
mankato11, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I apologize for the amount of information we need to convey to you when checking in, but over time we have come to the conclusion that more is actually better. I would much rather give to much information, then to have a guest tell me they were never told someything about our property. I'm also surprised by Lori's behavior, as she has been nothing short of outstanding. I will certainly have a talk with her and obvoiusly, I would offer my apologies for her. Thanks again for your comments, as they most certainly help us become better in all aspects of our business.
Marshall, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on Friday night because I like Hilton Hotels. The hotel is right across he street from the Mankato civic center, so if your going to an event there, this is very convenient to stay at. hey do have Internet both wifi & hard wired in the rooms.There is a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, ironing board & iron and a hair dryer in the rooms. They also have a pool & hot tub, a business center, fitness facility and a restaurant on site. when parking there for the night, it is best to park on the third floor of the attached parking ramp and enter the hotel on the third floor level also. this is a fairly new hotel, very clean with very helpful staff from what I have witnessed.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
mankato11, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests especially when they have enjoyed their stay and the service we provide. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Maryville, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Great hotel overall. Very friendly people, clean, and the restaurant was fantastic....excellent location too. Many businesses are "walkable" and they have a sky walk to stay out of the frigid temperature. My husband and daughter had quail at the restaurant - I'm not a big meat eater but tasted it ... FABULOUS!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the fantastic review. We are thrilled you found our property to you liking. We are committed to making each guest's experience a positve one and hope to welocome you back soon.
Pine River, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed here last weekend and had a very romantic and relaxing weekend! From checking in, to relaxing in the room,the hotel is wonderful. The location is great and Mankato is a very nice city to visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
mankato11, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel. We are extremely proud of the facility and the staff. Our goal is complete guest satisfaction for each of our guests and I'm happy you enjoyed you stay. Please come and see us again.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Ask for a room away from the street to avoid being woken by the loud train. Fan on heater/AC unit is also loud and theres no fan speed control to turn it down. Overall, this is the nicest hotel in Mankato as far as amenities. I have eaten at the restaurant numerous times and Olives does an excellent job. Decent restaurants and bars are within walking distance.

Room Tip: Stay away from the riverfront blvd side for a quiet night.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our property during your stay and more importantly, thank you for staying with us. We make every attempt to make sure our guests are given outstanding customer service and a comfortable, enjoyable stay.
As an FYI, our HVAC units do have a fan control, located on the thermostat on the wall. It must be taken off automatic and changed to the fan mode.
Thanks again for staying with us, and hopefully you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown? Share your experiences!