Let me start by reassuring you this is a beautiful hotel. Clean rooms, close to many restaurants and a wonderful staff. The restaurant (Olives) in the hotel is top-notch so be sure to visit when you stay or visit when you stay in the area.
That said, the one thing I did not care for was the fact you must park in a parking ramp when you stay here. Be sure you check in BEFORE parking your car. If you do not, you will have to go outside, go in the front door, and then check in. Not great in the dead of Minnesota winter. I left the hotel in the morning on a weekday to go find a bagel and coffee shop. When I returned around 10am, my key would not work to let me back in the ramp. I had to back up - and 3 people behind me had to back up - so I could go back into the hotel. I was told my key was fine, so I went back to park....and it still didn't work. I was then given a token by the front desk to use, which allowed me to park. The front desk associate stated she would call the company who manages the ramp to let them know about the situation. Parking for the hotel is best on Level 3.
Besides the ramp, the hotel is wonderful. LARGE rooms and a great desk for working. Nice, clean shower/bathroom and heat/air that works to make your room the perfect temperature. There is a workout center, and a pool. While I walked past both, I did not use either one.
Olives restaurant on property has a great lunch buffet for only $8.95. The buffet includes salads, sandwiches, cheeses, breads, meats and comes with a cup of soup. I ate it 2 days in a row it was so good! If you are looking for a sweet treat, look no further than Olives. The desserts are HOLY HANNAH amazing. My husband and I also had dinner at Olives during our stay, it was wonderful from the service, the food, the cocktails, down to the experience.
When you are in the area, also visit Number 4 American Bar & Kitchen. It is within walking distance of this hotel and delivers AMAZING FOOD! Get the swordfish....with the creamy mushroom and corn sauce, you cannot go wrong.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown Hotel Mankato
- Hilton Garden Inn Mankato
- Hilton Mankato
- Mankato Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown hotel is ideally situated in the heart of Mankato, MN across from the beautiful Minnesota River. Rising in the Mankato skyline as an architecturally prominent building and connected to the Alltel Center through an indoor skyway, the Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown Minnesota hotel offers close proximity to a number of events and top venues within the city. From Minnesota State University hockey games to concerts and expos, our hotel provides professional service and a welcoming atmosphere to all guests during their stay.Our 9 story facility offers 3,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, with each room equipped with state of the art audio/visual equipment. From video conferencing to in house meetings, at the Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown Minnesota hotel our facilities and meeting planners will provide you with all of our meeting and catering needs.With our full-service restaurant, Olives, serving Mediterranean and American cooking, guests at the Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown Minnesota hotel will find an atmosphere which enables them to unwind and relax to a lighter modern approach to the culinary arts. Serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and catering our entire banquet and meeting room events, there will be no need to look further than within the doors of our Hilton Garden Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Venere, Olotels, Hotwire, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.