“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 16 hotels in Mankato
Hastings, Minnesota
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stayed here while in town for a funeral. The hotel gave us a bereavment rate which was really appreciated. Beautiful hotel and great location. The only negative I would have is that the pool is very small.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
mankato11, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thanks for taking time to let us know about your stay with us. We hope you will think of us the next time you are in the area.

197 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The hotel is state of the art & their staff are very helpful. The restaurant is amazing and offers a broad selection of meals. Their meals were superb & their staff cannot be beat!!

I have done quite a bit of traveling, and this is the first time I have been on the road & chose to dine at their restaurant three days in a row. Try it and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
mankato11, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our Hotel and Olives restaurant. We will continue to be at our best, and hope you will be back with us soon.
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I grew up in Mankato and was down for a girls weekend so chose this hotel. This hotel is going to be your best bet if you want to stay downtown. It's the perfect central location, it's pretty new, and the quality of everything is great for the price. I do a lot of business travel and the Garden Inn is nicer than a lot of hotels I've been in, in larger cities.

Cleanliness - 5 stars. It's new enough they'd have to be terrible to miss the mark on this one. Even stairwells are kept clean and I was surprised walking out of my room this morning at how fresh the air in the hallway smelled.

Location - If you want to be downtown, you're not going to get better. It's right across the street from the convention center, one block away from a great path on the MN river, one block away from the bar scene with over a dozen choices, plenty of places to eat, free connected parking, and a few blocks away from some great locally owned shops.

Service - I called that morning to ask for a roll-away and was told it would be there. When we got there, it wasn't, and I had to call the front desk again. That was the only miss of the weekend. The front desk was staffed by a very cordial man and the two times we called down our requests were taken care of within two minutes. It was the fastest response time I've ever had.

Pool - we didn't visit the pool area or workout room so I can't say.

Food - Olives is a great looking restaurant. The prices are very high so if you aren't on business travel and you want to give it a shot, get ready to open that wallet. I didn't eat here because of the prices, but it's by Massad's which has other places locally and always provides great quality food. Olives is also talked about very positively by the locals. For something a little more reasonably priced, I'd suggest going a block down the street and giving Pub 500 a try for a warm atmosphere and quality food at reasonable prices.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for writing to let us know how your experience was. We're extremely happy you found everything to your satisfaction. I do wish to apologize for the poor communication with your rollaway, and we will work on that issue immediately.
Chicago, IL Suburbs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times in the past. I have always enjoyed my stays.

Hotel is located conveniently in downtown Mankato adjacent to the Verizon Wireless Center on Riverfront.

The restaurant, Olives, is excellent and family managed. The owner and his family can be found on site most nights. The food has a mediterranean theme, but there are also speciality nights of the week, Tuesday is Sushi night, Wednesday is Date Night, etc. I have never had a bad meal, the wine choice is very good for most parts of the world and excellent when you consider it's more rural southern Minnesota location. Service is always excellent and the bar is quite active on any given night. Breakfast can be continental or made to order, standard classic breakfasts served quickly.

The hotel is attached to a parking garage which is very nice on a typical Minnesota Winter night.

Rooms are pretty standard Hilton Garden Inn style, well maintained and pretty roomy.

Overall the hotel is clean and the service is very good. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
mankato11, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for the nice review. I know we are extremely proud of our hotel and our staff, as well as the partnership we have with Olives. Thank for allowing us the opportunity to welcome you as our guests, and please come back soon.
Champlin, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Great time at this hotel! Very friendly and helpful staff, great parking ramp with easy access, and great food! Unlike some hotels, this one is clean and fresh and there is always someone around that is beyond willing to help! The pool is open til 11 which is nice and opens again at 6 which makes it nice that you're able to enjoy it even if you had other plans while staying

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
mankato11, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at our property. I honestly never get tired of reading comments about our guests experiences while in Mankato. I want to sincerely thank you for choosingto stay with us, and also for the nice review on Trip Advisor. We would love to be able to have an opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I was in town for business and stayed here last night. I got in late around 9:00 after being on sales calls all day. I walk into the hotel, and the front desk person is behind the counter, staring at his computer screen, basically ignoring me. After waiting several secons, I ask "I have a reservation, can I check in please?" Staring at his screen, without asking who I was, he told me I didn't have a reservation tonight, that there was 1 outstanding reservation with a female's name (I'm a male obviously). He said this in a very indifferent, snooty tone. I told him that isn't correct, and I showed him my confirm number I booked through hotels.com. He alleged that it was the night before, but I showed him both on paper and my smartphone that it was for tonight. He then picks up the phone without saying anything to me. I asked him what he was doing. He said he has to "call the vendor, it will probably be awhile". I went and parked my car, came back, and he was still on the phone. Finally things got ironed out, and it was proven that I did have a reservation that night, but allegedly the vendor may have accidentally switched the dates initially. I asked him for some type of comp or free breakfast for the situation, and he was quick to decline as it "was the vendor's fault, not the hotel's". I then asked to make sure I was receiving my points for my Hilton Honors membership. He claimed I had no membership. I pulled the card out of my wallet, and my membership than magically came up on the computer. At this point, I was so exhausted, I just let the situation drop and went up to my room. Well to add insult to injury, I put the key in the slot, and keys were not activated. I then had to call down from my cell phone to send someone to activate my keys.

I travel for work frequently and will mostly stay at Hilton properties. This by far was the worst experience. To the GM, I would strongly reccomend you have a sit down with the worker behind the desk on Tuesday nights. He clearly either hates his job and takes frustraton out on customers or just needs a crash course on customer service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I first want to thank you for taking the time to review our services during your stay. I also want to assure you, everything you experienced is contrary to the culture we believe in at this property. It is our responsibility to insure all of our gueswts are treated with the respect they deserve, simply by being our guest. My most sincere apologies for the treatment you received, and I assure you, outstanding customer service remains our primary focus.
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Nice,quiet and comfortable. Stayed on a Saturday night when the hotel was full and many guest had attended an alcohol related event. Never heard any noise or was aware the hotel was full. Cannot wait to stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
mankato11, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for your review and thanks for chosing to stay with us. It is our intent to make each guest our priority and we are thrilled your stay was up to your standards. If at any time we can improve our efforts, please let us know.
Thanks again

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Mankato Downtown? Share your experiences!