“Great Value!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 16 hotels in Mankato
Randolph, MN
“Great Value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Our family stayed here while attending a weekend event in Mankato. Having read the previous review we were a little apprehensive, but the price was right, so we gave Budget Host a chance. We ended up being very glad that we did. The building is older, but was clean and quiet. We needed two double beds but were given a room with two doubles plus a single. Our kids were delighted by the novelty of having three beds in the room, and the single turned out to be a handy place to spread out our suitcases. All the bedding was comfortable and in good condition. The hotel provided shampoo packets, wrapped soaps, and plenty of towels and wash cloths. There was a refrigerator and microwave in the room, as well as a TV. All worked fine. The shower was nice and hot and had good water pressure. The service was friendly. My husband wanted an extra pillow to put under his back, and they obliged without a problem. My husband and I used the free Wi-Fi from our 2nd floor room and it connected easily and worked perfectly on both of our laptops. The continental breakfast was a happy surprise. They provided two types of cereal, toast, muffins, doughnuts and other pastries, plus coffee, milk, orange juice, and apple juice. Our 11-year-old thought their orange juice was especially delicious. We arrived rather late for breakfast (around 8:30), but there were still plenty of items to choose from, and the staff was even restocking the pastries as we finished up. We took a walk around back and were impressed by the lovely park and pond which has a nice swimming beach. The weather was chilly when we were there, but we would definitely have made use of that in the warmer months. All-in-all a perfectly nice place to spend the weekend, at a very affordable price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

7 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Brevard, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

This motel was terrible! We stayed here only because it was first week of working in town and money was tight. Sign advertises internet, but even upon check-in they fail to inform you that their router is bottom shelf and only picks up right next to it. You have to go to the lobby to use internet where it is at least 90 degrees. I was told that I didn't pay extra for that so I should move if it didn't work for me. Morning number three sitting in lobby using internet, overheard conversation with bug man saying he had killed the bed bugs in rooms upstairs.......if one room has them, wouldn't you spray the whole establishment? The sixth morning there I was woken up by a plumber banging a hammer or something right out in the hall from my room. I called office to complain and informed them I had a headache and had to wake up to that! They were kind enough to offer me another room to rest in until repair was made, but I had already lysoled my room down, febreezed it down, and scrubbed down all services I had to touch. Again I was told that I should just move and that I seemed like a customer that could not be satisfied. Really?? You pay for a service, and as a customer I pay their paycheck and I want respect, consideration, and services I pay for. I much rather be at home in my clean house, but circumstances have taken me on road to work. Unfortunately motels have become my homes away from home and to have to stay in a dump like this is sad that people get by with running businesses like this!! Then as I was leaving to do some shopping after all this, two police officers are walking the halls looking for someone. This place needs to be shut down!! No respect for hard working people, they would rather rent their rooms to trash, rather than people with standards!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Budget Host Inn Mankato? Share your experiences!