“Fake American Mexican at it's Best.” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
United States
“Fake American Mexican at it's Best.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

If you like Americanized Mexican food, this is the place for you. Deep fried, bleached white processed flour, and sugar are the main ingredients to many dishes. Service is mediocre and prices are high for the area. If you want good authentic Mexican, then you should go two doors down to the restaurant named after a Mexican city.

Visited February 2013

Mankato, Minnesota
“An Old Friend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My husband suggested Mexican Village for lunch the other day. Frankly, my last experience was less than stellar. The food was dried out and over done. I've visited Mexican Village for the twenty something years it has been around. It used to be the place to go to celebrate your birthday, visit with friends, and have the best margaritas. So, I was apprehensive. I ended up being pleasantly surprised !! Although the servers could use a little more training, the food was AMAZING!!! Just like I remembered from the "good old days." The frozen strawberry margarita was perfect, and my seafood enchilada was the perfect blend of flavors. We already have plans to go back! Just like an old friend, Mexican Village was a comfortable treat!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Windom, Minnesota
“One of my favorite Mexican restaurants!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This has some of the best Mexican I've had in quite some time. Fun atmosphere, friendly waitstaff. My husband loves it as well. I'm bummed that the last time I was here I was pregnant with major food aversions, so I didn't enjoy it as much as I had hoped (i.e. my husband devoured mine on top of his haha), but hope to get back soon for some fajitas!

Visited March 2012
Minnesota
“Excellent Food - Great Service - Great Prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I have been going to this resturant since I was a child. I love it. They just continue to improve year after year.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Ulm, Minnesota
“American Mexicana”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Great lunch specials and good lunch atmosphere. Gotta try my favorite the Seafood Burrito..mmm mmm good. Service was very fast and friendly.

Visited October 2012