“Nice place to kick back a few cold ones…” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Nice place to kick back a few cold ones…”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

This was just down the street from where I was staying. Nice place and especially good if you like different beers.

Visited November 2013

73% Recommend
Minnesota
“Busy establishment able to handle numerous customers.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Previously Famous Dave's, Boulder Tap House (BTH) took over. We came in and had to squeeze through the customers waiting for a table. My wife and I like to eat at the bar in these situations to avoid the wait. Unfortunately, there were not very many bar seats due to the lack of a waiting area for customers, people were sitting at the bar holding their pagers. This is ok if you order a drink, but when you have your back to the bar, staring at the greeter awaiting their seat it is not ok. Bar staff should ensure these patrons are drinking or eating to increase their profitability or otherwise wait in a designated area while they await their seat. Once seated, we had a Margarita and I had a beer on tap, which is quite a task to pick considering they have so many beers to choose from! A good thing! The bar staff were courteous and efficient, we ordered our food which came out quickly considering the number of patrons. You could see management throughout the business picking up slack to assist the servers. The shaved head guy in the purple shirt (Manager I assumed) was all over the place, and making sure the place flowed. The blue shirt guy (Kitchen Manager I assumed) in the kitchen was helping to bring food out. Will definitely go back. Need more waiting room, a good problem to have.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mankato, Minnesota
“Great Craft Beer Selection! Good Service, Poor Food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I have had curious interest in the Boulder Tap House ever since it moved into the old Famous Dave’s location in Mankato. I was interested in experiencing their specialization of microbrewery-crafted beers. Also, could they compete with BW3s, which is directly across the street? Each offers essentially the same theme and fare (many TV screens playing sports channels, and an offering a large variety of beers, burgers and chicken wings). This was my second visit to this establishment for a late lunch. On both occasions, there were more than twice as many vehicles in the parking lot at BW3. As I frequently pass these locations, this is typical. As beer goes, the Boulder Tap House is the place in Mankato to access some great craft beers in a bar. Yet food-wise, I have been greatly disappointed and under whelmed with what I have been served. One my first visit, I had boneless buffalo chicken wings and the “Defibrillator” burger. The boneless wings are very small and not fully covered with sauce – for the price you would expect a greater proportion. On the other hand, The Defibrillator burger is impressive in sight, but ultimately a colossal culinary nightmare. I am certain all thought was put into how it would look, and none into how it would taste. It was just sad and bad. I am just as certain no one orders it a second time. On my second visit, I had boneless Inferno chicken wings and the Triple Cheese burger. The chicken wings were, again, not fully covered in sauce, small and few. The Triple Cheese burger was a disappointment. For having three cheeses, you couldn’t taste any of them! Bland and lacking any recognizable cheeseburger quality. It could have been school paste on the burger for all I know. The burger came with fries, which were oddly seasoned, with sugar, salt, and maybe cinnamon? nutmeg? I could not eat them. I like Boulder Tap Houses’ craft beer offers, but unless they get a culinary clue of the likings of the beer drinking nation, I am willing to venture this location will be out of business within 24 months

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Minnetonka, Minnesota
“Good burger”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

My cheeseburger was pretty good sized for $8-9. It had onion strings on it and good, thick strips of bacon. I like their fries and our waitress was very nice. Good place to eat in Mankato.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Madison Lake, Minnesota, USA
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We love to eat at this place. The food is always excellent and service is great! Nice atmosphere. The different flavored fries are the best!

Visited June 2013