“Amazing.....” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
MN
“Amazing.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

This hotel is amazing! The property is beautiful and comfortable and has such a welcoming atmosphere. The hotel offers several nice options - both indoors and outdoors - for visiting in groups...really nice sitting areas. The rooms were clean and so comfortable. Above and beyond all of that, though, is the service! Each person on staff that I encountered was gracious, kind, and went above and beyond! I would HIGHLY recommend!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Courtyard_Mankato901, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Mankato, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
MissMeeting,

“Amazing” - Thank you for the great review, staying at our hotel and for recommending us!

Having the screen name of Miss Meeting I'm guessing you have traveled quite a bit? With that said we really appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review about our hotel and staff.

We look forward to seeing you again next year!

Preston Lougheed

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Stayed here when our son graduated from MSU in May. Beautiful, comfortable, gracious staff. Walking distance to the mall and many other establishments nearby for shopping or dining. Only drawback is that breakfast was not included with the room. There is a restaurant in the hotel that does serve meals and drinks.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
NMU_mom,

Considering you stayed with us for your son’s graduation, I'm guessing you won’t be traveling to the area again? Either way we appreciate the kind words you shared on this site and hope you will share your experience with friends and family as well. Depending on the date, occupancy and what events may be happening in town we do offer a discount for visitors to MSU.

Congratulations on your son graduating from college, you must be very proud of him!

Safe travels,

Saint Cloud, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

This hotel is AmAzInG! I'm serious. When I wrote in the title that this hotel has now ruined our family to stay at future places. I wasn't kidding. The rooms were spacious, the beds couldn't be more comfortable, the front lobby was huge to hang out at and watch some tv on the big screen (football) or play some games at the table with my family. It was too cold to enjoy the courtyard, but it looked real nice. I would 100% come back and will recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room at this hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Courtyard_Mankato901, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Mankato, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Pam P,

The title of your review scarred me at first but as I read your review I found myself smiling and in a good mood. We only hire associates with the "Spirit to serve" and even when not noticing an associate specifically it means we provided good service.

Our Hotel is Southern Minnesota’s newest facility but we clean hard every day to keep it this way. Please come stay with us again in the spring to experience our Courtyard and Outdoor Fire Pit. Enjoy rest of the year!

Mankato, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I have used the Courtyard Marriott in Mankato for our company's events and meetings and also attended a personal event there. I also book guest rooms for our company visitors at the Courtyard. The Courtyard is not only a very nice and new hotel, but their customer service is outstanding. Between Preston, Jill and the rest of their team, they will not only meet your needs, but they will exceed your needs by going the extra mile for you. I would highly recommend staying at the Courtyard for your guest room needs and I would also recommend them highly for your meeting or event needs.

Linda

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Linda,

Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel for other Trip Advisor visitors to read. We are one of the few Courtyard by Marriott Hotels with an Event Center and we try really hard to run it like a full service Marriott. So when someone takes the time out of their day to write about it, it shows we are meeting the service levels our customers/guest come to expect.

Jill and rest of the staff here really appreciate your business in 2013, Merry Christmas and happy New Years!

Appleton, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here over a weekend while visiting relatives in the area. While checking in, we were asked if we were attending the wedding that night. When we said that we weren't, we were offered a room on the third floor, away from the festivities. We never heard a sound in the hallway either night we stayed. Very pleasant staff, always greeted us when we came in. Our room was large and very clean. We will stay here again when we're in the area.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Courtyard_Mankato901, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Mankato, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear travellerAppletonWI.

Thank you for taking the time to rate us and give our hotel a positive review on trip Advisor, our entire staff really appreciates it!

Our Hotel is the host to many weddings parties and I think a great tip for future travelers to our hotel if you are staying with us on a weekend and not with the wedding please ask for a high floor on the end of the hallways.

Have a great holiday season and we see you next time you travel to the greater Mankato area.

Battle Lake, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Accommodations were nice and they were spacious. I did have someone else's dirty sock in my room. When you put your suitcase on the luggage rack in the armoire - it no longer fits in it and the leg would fall out so you can not close the door. Beautiful courtyard but too cold to use it.

Austin Schefers - who works in the Bistro- was so attentive and very customer service oriented! Thanks to him for making our stay great!

Meeting space was larger than I anticipated since this is a Courtyard property.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Courtyard_Mankato901, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Mankato, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Dear Karolyn,

Thank you so much for staying with us at our Courtyard. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit. I am so sorry about the dirty sock in the room when you checked in. I will personally make sure housekeeping is doing a more thorough job so this does not happen again. Thank you for the comments on the armoire, we are looking into how we can make that more manageable.

Austin in our Bistro has been with us for several months now and is doing a fantastic job. I am happy you were pleased with his service.
We wanted our meeting facility to be able to accommodate large groups and we are glad you were pleased with the space.

Thank you for all of your comments and again thank you for staying with us.

Kalisha Langford
Operations Manager
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

For my Dad's 70th BDay gift we gave him a package deal for Drive A Tank which is in Kasota, MN about 20 minutes from the Courtyard Marriott in Mankato, MN where we stayed.
First off if you are traveling East on 14 from 169(we came from Minneapolis) you need to exit before you can actually see the hotel(GPS helped with this).
We arrived to a very friendly receptionist who got us checked in right away and was very helpful in telling us about the town. Additionally, the other staff including the restaurant manager came over and talked to us and helped give information about shopping and restaurants. Even the maid who we met was very talkative & friendly as we ran into her after when we got back from our excursions.
Additionally, the hotel was very clean and must have been just renovated or newly built because it definitely had a different more modern feel then other Courtyard Marriott's I have stayed in. Note however that our rooms just had showers in them & no tubs(but big showers). Not sure if they have rooms with tubs. However I think the toilets may be a low flow type as ours was clogged and really didn't drain too fast. But on the positive, when we called the front desk the guy was at our door almost right after I hung up and was able to clear the clog in maybe 5 minutes. Additionally, the on site Bistro had some good food and even supported the local craft brewery by selling their beers. And as mentioned earlier, the manager and staff were very friendly though sometimes overwhelmed with orders.
Furthermore, the it was nice sitting downstairs in the lounge area talking without feeling crowded even with the fairly large wedding party going on.
Now for the negatives, which I really hate to do to these folks since they were very nice. First off I was paying for my folks room in addition to ours and specifically asked them to not put the end of stay receipt under my parents door. I even went through this with the receptionist & told them to just put both of them under my door. Unfortunately my folks ended up with the receipt under their door. I know not a big deal put when you give a gift to someone you generally don't give them a receipt too. But of course at breakfast my Mom(who had the receipt in front of her) was fussing that we spent too much and wanted to chip in. Secondly, for some reason housekeeping did not clean my parents room. They were able to call down for more towels & coffee which was delivered super fast and I am sure they would have sent up someone to clean the room & naked the bed but my parents were fine with it. Still I have to give them a ding on that even though the maid was super friendly.
All in all we had a great stay save for a few snafus.

Green Features: Like most hotels if you hang your towels they won't wash them.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Brett B,

Thank you for staying with us and bringing your parents to celebrate your dad's 70th birthday. We were glad to be part of your family’s memories. I am also delighted that you had friendly service and help from our staff.

I have looked back to the housekeeping room cleaning lists and it says that they had requested no service, I'm very sorry that their room was not cleaned. It may have been a misunderstanding with housekeeping and your parents may have intended them to come back later. I will make sure housekeeping is communicating better with our guests to prevent this from happening again.

We are a brand new build and also a LEED Certified Hotel. (Leaders in Energy & Environmental Design) We do have energy efficient toilets in all of our guest rooms and I'm sorry you had a problem with it getting clogged but am glad it was fixed right away for you.

We appreciate all of your comments as it helps us to better train our staff to become top quality associates and being able to deliver the best customer service to our guests. Again thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Kalisha Langford
Operations Manager

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Mankato? Share your experiences!