“slow elevator...!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Pacifica, California
“slow elevator...!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

the elevator was painfully slow but the property was clean and modern and the room was really comfortable. the outdoor patio was a nice place to relax with a glass of wine (and they had a great selection from CA), a book and friends. i didn't go to the pool/spa but i liked that they were open 24hrs a day.

the bed was comfortable, the room was dark and quiet, the bathroom was huge and really clean. the wifi connection in the room was easy to access and use.

breakfast choices were plentiful and reasonably priced. it was nice to have starbucks coffee available BUT i didn't like that they automatically put the coffee in a to go cup. i was eating in and could have easily used a mug and not a paper cup.

Room Tip: the elevator is painfully slow (in a 3 floor hotel mind you) so maybe ask for a room on the 1st floo...
Green Features: see above for my comment on the coffee cups. otherwise, there was plentiful signage for reusing towels and sheets. that made me happy.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Courtyard_Mankato901, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Mankato, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear harbss,

To have a Top Contributor rate us so high is very gratifying-Thank you for your business and for the time it took you to write the review.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the patio and our wine selection in the Bistro. I was also pleased to hear you found the room very comfortable and spacious. I do agree with you and wish our elevator was faster and I will pass your comments onto our corporate office. In regards to the coffee we are following brand standards and are not allowed to offer real coffee cups as an option, so please accept my apologies.

If you find you way from California again we hope to see you at our hotel.

Safe travels,

Preston Lougheed

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed here during a softball tournament in New Ulm. Beautiful hotel, helpful staff. Despite being very busy (Softball Tournament guests and a Wedding), they offered to place us next to another family we were travelling with. Rooms were nice, location is good, not complaints!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear mbbervan,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott while needing lodging in Greater Mankato! My staff and myself truly appreciate your business and for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers on Trip Advisor.

Have a great summer and we hope to see you next year!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel! The rooms are very spacious and the beds are an A+ for comfort!! The swimming pool and hot tub were very relaxing after a long day and we had it all to ourselves! The Bistro offered a nice variety of breakfast sandwiches and they were delicious! Then to top it all off..... They served Starbucks coffee!!! Nothing like sitting in a booth with my OWN T.V eating my breakfast and drinking my Venti Carmel Macchiato!! We will definitely be back!!! Thanks Marriott for a great nights sleep and the best weekend ever!!!

• Stayed June 2013
Courtyard_Mankato901, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Mankato, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Kathleen190,

Anytime someone gives someone else an A+ the experience most have been extremely positive - so thank you for the nice rating but more importantly thank you for staying with us!

We do proudly serve Starbucks 24 hours a day and I agree the Carmel Macchiato are delicious and one of my favorites as well. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future or stop by anytime for a hotel cup of coffee.

Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

With family in Mankato, it's great to have such a wonderful hotel in the area. The pool and hot tub were terrific and just right for us. Our room was beautiful and very comfortable. We were made to feel welcome and staff went out of their way to be sure we had a pleasant stay. We will definately be back!

Room Tip: If you enjoy the pool and exercise room, be sure to request a room nearby.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Courtyard_Mankato901, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Mankato, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Kathy C,

Traveling with kids can be stressful at times, so myself and my entire staff is delighted to hear that you and your family found our hotel very comfortable.

I hope you enjoy your summer and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the future!

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Extremely clean hotel and super comfortable beds. The front desk was very friendly and helpful on arrival. The location is ideal for walking and access to many businesses and restaurants. We will most certainly choose this hotel for any future stays in Mankato!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask to be on the mall side even though the highway is not busy, it is ve...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Courtyard_Mankato901, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Mankato, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear zoe1mom,

Thanks for the review your shared online about our Courtyard and I hope future travelers find it helpful

One of my personal pet pives while traveling is having a nice bed to sleep on when I stay at a hotel. We choose the highest quality Serta bed that is sold to hotels and I can be honest in saying you’re not alone when you think the beds are super comfortable.

thanks for staying with us myself and rest of our team truly appreciated your business!

Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I recently met up with friends in Mankato, Mn and was so happy to find this hotel. We've stayed at many Courtyards and this is one of the best. The fact that is so new helps but the staff was wonderful. Christy went out of her way to get a cab for our girls night out. The Barista was friendly and make great Starbucks drinks when we needed them. The lobby was not loud. While waiting on my friends I sat in the lobby with my Starbucks drink and read with no problem. The area was very spacious. The outside courtyard area was fantastic! We sat out there and enjoyed the fire pit. We didn't use the indoor pool or hot tub but saw others enjoying it.

The mall is within walking distance and there is a Target on the other side, attached to the mall. While the hotel doesn't serve a free breakfast, I picked up donuts and fruit from Target. There is a small refrigerator in the room that works well. If I am ever in the area, I will defiantly stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Minnes0ta reviewer,

Christy who you mentioned in your review of our hotel is one of our newest associates so I'm so pleased to hear she offered great customer service, I will share this review with her and I’m sure it will make her day!

We built this hotel near River Hills Mall in hoping visitors to Mankato would find our location ideal so hearing this from you reinforces that we think the hotel is in a great location. The Fire Pit is one of my personal favorites and hope more guest take advantage of it as time goes on.

Have a great summer, keep traveling and share your experiences with others on Trip Advisor!

Blue Earth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Very beautiful hotel and front desk was very accomadating. They were very helpfull in providing cab service and suggesting of entertainment for the evening. The location is in a very safe and clean area. Walking distance to a great mall. Would definitaly recomnend staying here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Deb H.

I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and I was also happy to hear you found our location beneficial. If traveling with family againin the Greater Mankato area we hope to see you again!

Have a great summer,

Preston Lougheed

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Mankato? Share your experiences!