“Great staff, and Great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Mankato
GreenLeadersGold level
Norwood Young America, MN
“Great staff, and Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Great check-in experience with Cassandra. Very clean property. We stayed in a suite, which we were very impressed with. Although we were worried, as there are not any pictures online of the pool area. We were pleasantly surprised to find a nice clean pool and hot tub area. All said and done, we will definitely stay at this property when in the area for an overnight. By the way, the Scheels sporting goods store across the lot within walking distance is phenomenal.
Only issue was sort of a rude front desk staff member when asked about a possible late check-out for the following morning. This was quickly resolved when I asked the other front desk staff that came out from the back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Courtyard_Mankato901, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Mankato, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Stephanie M,

I am so pleased you shared not only your positive experience at our Hotel but also took the time and effort to remember Cassondra’s name, she was so proud to see her name on tripadvisor! I do apologize for any attitude you were shown when asking for a late checkout and I spoke to the desk person and I confirmed a late checkout was allowed. I took this opportunity to train her how to do it with a Marriott smile next time!

Thanks again for your business and I can’t wait to have you as our Guest in the near future.

Take care,

Preston Lougheed

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Des Moines, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My wife and I have stayed here twice. The first time, we arrived at 9 p.m. and waited at the front desk for five minutes until the clerk showed up. We had to change rooms an hour later, b/c the teenagers across the hall were partying and smoking like chimneys (This hotel is notoriously under booked, and they try to compensate by having room "sales"). We had to change rooms again, later that night, b/c a heating unit on the roof of the hotel broke down and kept us up until 2 with a loud grinding noise. The front desk people were apologetic both times, but also seemed to be put out of place by our requests to change rooms.

Assuming our first visit was just "bad luck," we stayed here a second time while visiting family. It was much quieter, but the service was still terrible. No one is ever at the front desk or at the restaurant when you need them. Also, the clerk at the front desk said that she could only "upgrade" us from a room with two queens to a king, if we paid $5. Seriously? I guess "gold card status" as a Marriott member doesn't go very far at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear IowaPHD,

I want to take this opportunity to say thank you for sharing your comments with tripadvisor. I also appreciate that you gave our hotel two chances to earn your business and I feel terrible that we let you down. The experience you encountered is definitely not the norm here at our Hotel and it is certainly not the Marriott way, for this I apologize.

To address a few issues you had, one we are a brand new hotel and we did have a HVAC unit on the roof not working properly but we have this issue resolved. Our hotel is 100 % smoke free and we have had a few people try to smoke in the hotel and we have asked them to leave. I'm not sure the date of your stay but would like the opportunity to look into in further with more information. In regards to upgrades for suites our hotel has 5 suites in the entire hotel which are usually full by guest reservations but I apologize if my associate ask for $5.00 as we definitely value our Marriott Rewards members as our most loyal guest.

Please contact me directly at the Hotel for a chance to earn your business back with a discounted room rate or an upgrade to a suite.

Thanks again for your feedback and my promise is to try to improve our hotel & service for every guest in the future.

Kind regards,

Bloomington, Minnesota, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We only stayed one night but I was super happy with the place! Cool modern look, great feel, tons of features that impressed. First off was my reservation mistake. I booked the wrong date online, the front desk quickly rebooked me and gave me a great rate. Room was very nice, well appointed. Lobby was vibrant. Across from River Hills Mall which we walked to for a movie. We ate a quick breakfast downstairs and the staff were very nice and made us feel welcomed. Starbucks??!! Awesome! I wish we could have stayed longer and will be back. This place is a gem in a smaller town filled with average hotels.

• Stayed March 2013
Courtyard_Mankato901, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Mankato, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear DSWeimar,

I'm happy to hear that the front desk was able to accommodate the change in your reservation and I appreciate the comments you shared on line with Trip Advisors followers!

We are proud to brew Starbucks and i was glad to hear you were able to enjoy some while you stayed with us. We can't wait to have you back as our guest and I look forward to meeting you personally. Maybe next time our outdoor patio will be open and you can relax by our fire pit, think Spring.

Rochester, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed here 3/16/13 as a block of rooms for a wedding. Also at the same time, the NCAA BB tourney was going on in the town of Mankato, at MSU Arena. We had several BB clubs staying , along with a bunch from the wedding party. I think everyone really enjoyed themselves. Check in was swift and efficient. They did have us down for a different price of the room than what we had actually booked for, but my hubby caught the mistake, showed it to the staff with our appropriate paperwork, and an adjustment was made to our credit card. Unbelievably, it was cheaper to book a room on line rather than to go with the wedding party block! The other "ding" I can give this hotel is that the walls are paper thin. Not that anyone was particularily rowdy...but so thin you heard complete conversations next door,the fantastic screaming baby, what was on TV, or what your neighbors were listening to on the radio.
The rooms were nicely appointed with "ultra modern " styling. The showers were amazing! Being 5 foot 13 inches tall...I adored the super "tall" spigot! :)
Now,....for the really good parts. BEAUTIFUL hotel. Clean and spanking new. The staff had Welcome Gifts in our room at check in, provided by the bridal party. Everyone we delt with throughout the w.e. was efficient and very pleasant. The hotel is set up for lots of socialzing, so a big area to watch big screen tv, interactive screen to check for restaraunts, flights, shopping ect...and I see in the summer that they had a beautiful patio for hanging outside, with nice fire pits.They had a dining area with a kitchen in the lobby as well,but we didn't partake. They have a Starbucks right at the hotel, which I did partake in and it was wonderful.... Our reception for the wedding was also at the hotel in their event area. STRONGLY Recommended. They did a great job with set up, serving, cocktails, dancing ect. It was a beautiful room.This is a great place to go for a family reunion, wedding, or just a little get away. There was a pool/hot tub, but we didn't get to see that. The kids coming and going seemed to enjoy it however. I would stay here in a heartbeat(just bring ear plugs) and I have already recommended this hotel to several people. Loved it!
The other thing was that we never really knew, was if the breakfast was included with the room or at an additional charge??? That was never explained to us. They don't have vending machines on the floors, just a small convience store in the lobby, which seemed to work out nicely. Each floor had it's own ice machine!(hurray!) and a small coffee machine (kudos). The cups were tiny, so I asked our housecleaner for several more packages of coffee, and she was very helpful and forked some over. If I ever come to a concert in Kato, I'll be staying here!

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs for paper thin walls and you'll get a great night's sleep :)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Courtyard_Mankato901, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Mankato, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear Guest from Rochester, MN.

I just finished reading your review of our hotel and it is very detailed and filled with a lot of good information, I appreciate your feedback and your business!

Next time you stay with us please let me reserve you a room in quite section of the hotel because to be honest with you I have not heard the expression "the walls are paper thin" before. I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to your return visit!

Have a great spring,

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hotel played host to the Augustana Men's Basketball team as they competed in the NCAA Regional Tournament being held at Minnesota State - Mankato and were outstanding! The entire staff was tremendous. Every member would greet you with a welcoming 'Hello' and was more than willing to help in any way. They were always willing to go out of their way to do anything for anyone involved with our basketball team. We ate breakfast each morning at the hotel bistro and were served with high quality food and an even higher quality of service. We as a team are very thankful for such a welcoming and helpful staff and would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Mankato area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Courtyard_Mankato901, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Mankato, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Augustana, Men’s Basketball Team,

Congratulations on a great season and we were so happy to have your team stay with us! The coaches, staff and the players were all great guest with such positive attitudes and we were sorry to see you leave.

Have a great off season and we hope to see you next year!

St Peter, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We held a youth gathering at the hotel in early March. The space was great and the staff was awesome and helped us in any way possible! Extra thanks to Carmen & Rachel for all of their help before and during the event!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Courtyard_Mankato901, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Mankato, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Bdbcj,

Thank you so much for the Trip Advisor review! It was such a pleasure working with this group. I am so glad to hear that everyone enjoyed the space as well as the staff! This group was a group that we will never forget. We look forward to hosting this group again next year! I will forward your comments to all the staff. Thank you again for holding your event with us. It was truly a memorable experience for the staff.

Thank you!

Rachel Mattison
Events Manager
New Ulm
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Hello, It was my first event experience with Courtyard by Marriott in Mankato, but it was an EXCELLENT one at that. I thought everyone was very friendly and accomodating to our group. The food was excellent. We had trouble with the audio in the room, but the event coordinator was there in the room adjusting and fixing the problem. I would definately schedule again. Thanks for everything.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kris S,

Thank you for submitting a Trip Advisor review! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at The Courtyard. Thank you for being understanding about the Audio problem you encountered here. I am glad that everything was fixed right away! I will be sure to forward all of your positive comments on to the staff here at the hotel. We look forward to having the opportunity to host another event with you! Thank you again!

Rachel Mattison
Event Manager

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Mankato? Share your experiences!