“Can't wait to come back” 5 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #1 of 16 hotels in Mankato
GreenLeadersGold level
Bloomington, Minnesota, Usa
“Can't wait to come back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We only stayed one night but I was super happy with the place! Cool modern look, great feel, tons of features that impressed. First off was my reservation mistake. I booked the wrong date online, the front desk quickly rebooked me and gave me a great rate. Room was very nice, well appointed. Lobby was vibrant. Across from River Hills Mall which we walked to for a movie. We ate a quick breakfast downstairs and the staff were very nice and made us feel welcomed. Starbucks??!! Awesome! I wish we could have stayed longer and will be back. This place is a gem in a smaller town filled with average hotels.

• Stayed March 2013
Courtyard_Mankato901, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Mankato, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear DSWeimar,

I'm happy to hear that the front desk was able to accommodate the change in your reservation and I appreciate the comments you shared on line with Trip Advisors followers!

We are proud to brew Starbucks and i was glad to hear you were able to enjoy some while you stayed with us. We can't wait to have you back as our guest and I look forward to meeting you personally. Maybe next time our outdoor patio will be open and you can relax by our fire pit, think Spring.

110 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Rochester, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed here 3/16/13 as a block of rooms for a wedding. Also at the same time, the NCAA BB tourney was going on in the town of Mankato, at MSU Arena. We had several BB clubs staying , along with a bunch from the wedding party. I think everyone really enjoyed themselves. Check in was swift and efficient. They did have us down for a different price of the room than what we had actually booked for, but my hubby caught the mistake, showed it to the staff with our appropriate paperwork, and an adjustment was made to our credit card. Unbelievably, it was cheaper to book a room on line rather than to go with the wedding party block! The other "ding" I can give this hotel is that the walls are paper thin. Not that anyone was particularily rowdy...but so thin you heard complete conversations next door,the fantastic screaming baby, what was on TV, or what your neighbors were listening to on the radio.
The rooms were nicely appointed with "ultra modern " styling. The showers were amazing! Being 5 foot 13 inches tall...I adored the super "tall" spigot! :)
Now,....for the really good parts. BEAUTIFUL hotel. Clean and spanking new. The staff had Welcome Gifts in our room at check in, provided by the bridal party. Everyone we delt with throughout the w.e. was efficient and very pleasant. The hotel is set up for lots of socialzing, so a big area to watch big screen tv, interactive screen to check for restaraunts, flights, shopping ect...and I see in the summer that they had a beautiful patio for hanging outside, with nice fire pits.They had a dining area with a kitchen in the lobby as well,but we didn't partake. They have a Starbucks right at the hotel, which I did partake in and it was wonderful.... Our reception for the wedding was also at the hotel in their event area. STRONGLY Recommended. They did a great job with set up, serving, cocktails, dancing ect. It was a beautiful room.This is a great place to go for a family reunion, wedding, or just a little get away. There was a pool/hot tub, but we didn't get to see that. The kids coming and going seemed to enjoy it however. I would stay here in a heartbeat(just bring ear plugs) and I have already recommended this hotel to several people. Loved it!
The other thing was that we never really knew, was if the breakfast was included with the room or at an additional charge??? That was never explained to us. They don't have vending machines on the floors, just a small convience store in the lobby, which seemed to work out nicely. Each floor had it's own ice machine!(hurray!) and a small coffee machine (kudos). The cups were tiny, so I asked our housecleaner for several more packages of coffee, and she was very helpful and forked some over. If I ever come to a concert in Kato, I'll be staying here!

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs for paper thin walls and you'll get a great night's sleep :)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Courtyard_Mankato901, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Mankato, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear Guest from Rochester, MN.

I just finished reading your review of our hotel and it is very detailed and filled with a lot of good information, I appreciate your feedback and your business!

Next time you stay with us please let me reserve you a room in quite section of the hotel because to be honest with you I have not heard the expression "the walls are paper thin" before. I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to your return visit!

Have a great spring,

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hotel played host to the Augustana Men's Basketball team as they competed in the NCAA Regional Tournament being held at Minnesota State - Mankato and were outstanding! The entire staff was tremendous. Every member would greet you with a welcoming 'Hello' and was more than willing to help in any way. They were always willing to go out of their way to do anything for anyone involved with our basketball team. We ate breakfast each morning at the hotel bistro and were served with high quality food and an even higher quality of service. We as a team are very thankful for such a welcoming and helpful staff and would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Mankato area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Courtyard_Mankato901, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Mankato, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Augustana, Men’s Basketball Team,

Congratulations on a great season and we were so happy to have your team stay with us! The coaches, staff and the players were all great guest with such positive attitudes and we were sorry to see you leave.

Have a great off season and we hope to see you next year!

St Peter, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We held a youth gathering at the hotel in early March. The space was great and the staff was awesome and helped us in any way possible! Extra thanks to Carmen & Rachel for all of their help before and during the event!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Courtyard_Mankato901, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Mankato, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Bdbcj,

Thank you so much for the Trip Advisor review! It was such a pleasure working with this group. I am so glad to hear that everyone enjoyed the space as well as the staff! This group was a group that we will never forget. We look forward to hosting this group again next year! I will forward your comments to all the staff. Thank you again for holding your event with us. It was truly a memorable experience for the staff.

Thank you!

Events Manager
New Ulm
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Hello, It was my first event experience with Courtyard by Marriott in Mankato, but it was an EXCELLENT one at that. I thought everyone was very friendly and accomodating to our group. The food was excellent. We had trouble with the audio in the room, but the event coordinator was there in the room adjusting and fixing the problem. I would definately schedule again. Thanks for everything.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kris S,

Thank you for submitting a Trip Advisor review! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at The Courtyard. Thank you for being understanding about the Audio problem you encountered here. I am glad that everything was fixed right away! I will be sure to forward all of your positive comments on to the staff here at the hotel. We look forward to having the opportunity to host another event with you! Thank you again!

Event Manager
Madison Lake, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We held our daughter's wedding reception here on January 18, 2013. All of the pre-planning went exceptionally well. We worked with Carmen Sook for the event planning and she was amazing - communication was very good; followed through with everything. She listened to us and made sure all of the details for the evening were taken care of - didn't miss a thing. The food was very good and service excellent. It was a beautiful and comfortable venue. We also stayed in the hotel and were equally pleased with the accommodations and service. The Bistro in the lobby served a great breakfast and was very reasonably priced. Our rooms were very comfortable and the spacious. Can't wait until this summer for our son's wedding reception so we can enjoy their courtyard area, too. It is a first class venue! Becky M

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Becky,

Thank you so much for the positive feedback. We were honored to be a part of your daughter's wedding. It is always our goal to deliver exceptional service to all guests, I will be sure to forward your comments about the food to the Chef. We are looking forward to another great wedding with your family here in the summer! Thank you again!

Events Manager
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This is an incredible hotel , new, fresh, very clean and great amenities! The manager and staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly! The rooms are spacious and very comfortable. The lobby has a great little bistro. Food was great and reasonably priced. I can't wait to return to enjoy their outdoor area! It is so inviting with a fireplace and lots of comfy seating! I would highly recommend this hotel for families, individuals and business people. The hotel has great location, right across from the mall and lots of restaurants.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Courtyard_Mankato901, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Mankato, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Kathee H from Winnipeg, Canada,

I just read the review you posted on Trip Advisor about our hotel and it reassures me that we are giving the great service a traveler can come to expect at a Marriott hotel. Next time you stay with us even if it is cold outside the fire pit in our Courtyard is available 365 days a year, whether enjoying your morning coffee of sipping a glass of wine in the evening.

I can't wait to have you as our guest again!

Preston Lougheed

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Mankato? Share your experiences!