“Comfy Beds” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Mankato
Chanhassen, Minnesota
“Comfy Beds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed at the GrandStay in Mankato in January. This was my first visit to a GrandStay, so I wasn't sure what the hotels were like. My friend and I had a two bedroom suite for one night. Both of us agreed that the beds in the room were some of the most comfortable beds we have ever slept in. I also really liked the bedding. My friend said it was the first time she had a good night sleep in weeks. I wanted to take the bed home with me! The staff was also very helpful in giving recommendations for dining. I will definitely visit the GrandStay in Mankato again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
GManagerMankato_MN, General Manager at GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Mankato, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for posting a review about our hotel. I am glad you loved the beds! We hope to see you back there are some great events going on this summer like Solstice, Rib fest and MN Vikings Training Camp.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Hastings, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Somehow my reservation for a two bed room was confused and I was given a 1 bed room. I went to the counter and informed Caleb of the problem and he went to work and resolved the issue. The hotel was sold out and extremely busy so he had to do a lot of shifting to fix it. I appreciated it and my 17 year old daughter appreciated not sleeping on the couch.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
GManagerMankato_MN, General Manager at GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Mankato, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
I would like to apologize for the confusion with your reservation, thank you for being understanding while Caleb resolved the problem. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Mankato.
Mankato, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed the weekend for a weekend away from the kids feb 22 & 23rd. Our room was nice & clean but the friendlines of the front desk staff saturday morning was horrible. The girl working was snappy & rude. The breakfast was amazing & the attendent was very friendly & had a smile on her face the whole time. Even though she was rushing to keep up with the busy crowd while the front desk girl & played on her phone. We came back to our room saturday to find $20 had been taken off our night stand & also my makeup had been went through & some expensive foundation was missing. When asked housekeeping sunday morning who cleaned our room yesterday the girl just said oh i dint clean your room call the manager. I also heard a housekeeper yelling out the window at the end of the hall at her co workers she percieded to call them "f**king bi**hes" It was totally unexceptionable. Once again breakfast sunday morning was amazing & the same girl had a huge smile on her face & was extreamley friendly along with the poor front desk kid who had been there sence the night before they worked as a great team keeping up with things which was great to see after hearing the rude housekeeper talking to her co workers. I would go back only for breakfast & the nice sized & clean rooms if It wasnt for missing my things & the rudeness of some of the staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GrandStay Mankato and its employees would like to apologize for your stay with us. I have taken action with the employees that worked that week, and I will make sure that nothing like this happens again. We hope that you will give us another try next time you are in Mankato. Thank you for your input.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel for valentines weekend since this hotel opened. I had brought with me as many 12 couples and as little as 2 couples in the past. This weekend was absolutely the worse I have ever experienced. From not getting the rooms that I confirmed earlier the morning before we arrived. Not able to use the pool or hot tub due to others mistakes( children & some sports teams). Being asked to leave the entrance of the hotel by the fire place due to noise, but the children were allowed to be by the tv area and in the halls after 8pm, and nothing was said to them about the noise they were making. Not to mention the dogs at the end of the hall and nothing done about it. My room was not cleaned very will by the coffee pots, bathrooms, the dishes were not clean in the dish washer, and the ice maker didn't work. When I did get to the pool area it was very dirty. Alicia Salic-Leeck

• Stayed February 2013
GManagerMankato_MN, General Manager at GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Mankato, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
I would like to apologize for your stay with us. I have had a staff meeting to go over the issues that you brought up. I am sorry that we didn’t get all your rooms right next to each other; however we did get all the rooms in your party on 1st floor. We have also put a new pet policy in place. The pool is closed down at 10:00pm, for the respect of the guest rooms that are above the pool area. The hotel is in the process of replacing guest room carpeting and putting flat screen LED TV’s in the living rooms. Next time you are in Mankato stop by and take a look at one of the new rooms.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Where to start? The hair on the bathroom shower walls or the paper thin walls that woke me up out of my dead sleep to my neighbors getting it on? Do not stay here. Not work the price for what you get. The fixtures are falling apart and everything is outdated. Also, the sounds you may hear at night cannot be unheard. Sick.

• Stayed October 2012
I would like to apologize for your stay with us. I have brought on new staff to address the housekeeping issues. The light fixtures are being replaced along with new carpeting in guest rooms and new flat screen LED TV’s in the living rooms.
Mendota, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We recently stayed at the GrandStay Residential Suites in Mankato in Sept. 2012. We had been looking forward to the stay since this was our first experience staying at a GrandStay property. What a bad first impression. The overall room layout was nice and the cleanliness of the room was adequate. Unfortunately, it went downhill from those first imrpressions. Aside the the tired and shabby room decor, the room had several problems including a faulty hide-a-bed, broken window blinds on the French doors that led to the bedrooms and a used candy wrapper in the bed. Again, we probably could have overlooked some of these issues but the customer service issues pushed us over the edge.

When we went to inform the front desk of the broken hide-a-bed, the clerk acted surprised that the room had even been rented out since it had been flagged not to rent out due to the broken sofa sleeper. This was especially disturbing since there were plenty of empty rooms in the inn that night. Shortly after this episode we received a call up in our room to inform us that we needed to get out of the room since it was 20 minutes past checkout time and that we would be charged for an extra day if we didn't get out of the room. In my many years of traveling I have never experienced a call of that nature. You would think they would have just left us alone considering that they made my son sleep on a broken bed the previous night.

To cap the whole thing, when we came down to check out, I asked about a price reduction for the faulty bed. The clerk told me to call the manager when she returned in a few days. When I told the clerk that I was not too pleased to have been called and told to get out of the room since it was past checkout time, she rudely told me to "have a nice day."

Obviously, my nice day began as soon as I left the hotel.

P.S. - The breakfast was also subpar.

Room Tip: Maybe a room in the Holiday Inn Express across the street.