“Worth finding” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Mankato, Minnesota, United States
“Worth finding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I came across a review for Pappageorge a couple of weeks ago and was surprised to see something I didn't know existed. I had to check it out so I went on a Monday for their cheap burger meal and was pleasantly surprised by my experience. Despite being a little gloomy (not much natural light) on the inside, it had a friendly and comfortable atmosphere. The food was nicely seasoned, fresh, and cooked perfectly. Both food and drinks were well priced, especially with Monday's deal. The location is a little odd, there's only one small sign that says where it is and I've never seen any advertising in the 6 years I've been in Mankato. I would definitely recommend finding it to try it out.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Mankato, Minnesota
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is a little hidden gem in Mankato. But it is hidden. Its located on riverfront but is behind another business. They have a limited menu, but it is all good. You have to try the breaded cauliflower. The breaded shrimp is good too. They historically have had a 5 buck burger basket on Mondays. Not the best burgers I have ever had but defiantly worth the 5 dollars. They have a cheaper side of the menu and then a more expensive side of steaks and such.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rogers, Minnesota
“good food, nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Must have address to find, or GPS.
Somewhat different than most restaurants, and that was good.
Four adults in group - GOOD food. Wouldn't recommend for a family with children. Tables and chairs are pretty close to each other.

Visited October 2012
“Best in Mankato?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We ate there on a Saturday evening for my wifes birthday based on the fact it was ranked number one in Mankato.
We walked in and I was reminded of a 1980's Holiday Inn restaurant.
We had to move our table because of a spotlight shining down directly on one of the chairs.
The Pinot Grigio was nice, the Jack and Coke watered down.
The calamari appetizer was geasy. The broiled jumbo shrimp were rubbery. The two highlights were the mushroom raviola and the local lager on tap, both excellent.
The bill was over $90 with tip for two people. What a waste of money.

We will be searching for true number one restaurant in Mankato.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Madison Lake, Minnesota
“Don't let the building fool you!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

My mother and I were out doing some much needed Saturday thrifting in Mankato and wanted to try something different for lunch. So I looked on my smart phone for one of the higher rated restaurants in North Mankato and Pappageorge came up. We tracked it down but not before driving by it because the building had nothing to it! Anyway we circled around and went inside. The atmosphere was simple but had a quiet elegance to it. It wasn't very busy (I believe that we were one of three tables) but that doesn't bother my mother and I because we know that you can't judge how the food is on how many people are around. The waitress was quite pleasant and friendly. My mother ordered the special while I got the Balsamic Chicken sandwich ($8.50 and comes with a choice of a side). It was amazing! The sandwich came with a side of this fantastic garlic basil mayo that made the sandwich even more mouth watering! I will be going back sometime very soon!

• Visited October 2012