“A little trip” 4 of 5 stars

North Mankato, Minnesota
12 attraction reviews
“A little trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I come here a couple of times a week in the summer and early fall to drop off the friendly squirrels that bother me around my home

Visited September 2012

Southern Minnesota
22 attraction reviews
“A nice horseback ride.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

My wife frequents 7 Mile with friends for the horse trails.
don't ride anymore often than have to but recently accompanied her for a very pleasant afternoon on horseback.
After a nice ride down the maze of trails to the Minnesota River, we croosed via tnnel US 169 and traversed the part of the trails up and down the little valleys leading down to the Minnesota.
A series of very nice picnic areas and playgrounds are present along Seven Mile Creek.

Visited October 2012
Mankato
6 attraction reviews
“great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I have been here a few times but never really explored the trails. Went today and seen there was a "scenic overlook" trail off the trail we were on, took a hike uphill to see it-ugh, haha. The trails we were on today were good and kind of felt like we were at at State Park hiking thru the woods. Wishing we had a map of the place to see where we were going and what trails went where but after we got back to the car we seen a brochure on the shelter we were parked by w/a map of the park. Will be going back for sure to explore more of the trails, I think we got the hardest one done today, unintentionally. They have firepits there if you want to have a fire and have wood for a $2 donation

Visited September 2012
“Scenic trails”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

I have lived in the area for several years; however this is the first the trails have not all been flooded. They are beautiful . My lab and I have been there frequently this spring. Trail 1 and 2 are easy going. Trail 3 isn't too difficult but does have quite an incline. Trail 8 and 9 are difficult. The declines on certain points on 8 made them nearly impassible. 9 is very steep and levels off to a high grass area. I attempted trail 4 and 5 but the grass was too tall. There are also some unmarked foot trails that are very scenic. We are exploring trail 11 tomorrow.

North Mankato, Minnesota
23 attraction reviews
“One of the special secrets of the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

Stay away. There's nothing here. Move along. (Just kidding.) I'm afraid it might become too popular and there goes the special attraction of such a beautiful and quiet area. There are many trails (some unmarked) that you can make easy or hard, depending how which ones you traverse. Many creeks, ravines, chickadees, and wildflowers. It has two shelters and playgrounds. Trail #3 starts at the beginning of the park by the gate and is one of the prettiest because it ridge hops a great deal of the way. #10 leads to a farm pasture and it has a steep ascent to get there. #9 if taken in its entirety gets you into a steep ravine and a long climb up. In between there's a scenic overlook along the cornfields. Heckuva ride. During the winter, it's perfect for snowshoeing. The park is generally kept up for horse trailing but the offroad bikers now have found its charm. It's only a matter of time but enjoy it while you can.

Visited April 2012