“Disappointing.....” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Riverfront Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mankato
Riverfront Inn
You added Riverfront Inn to your Saves list
1727 North Riverfront Drive, Mankato, MN 56001   |
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Mankato
Grand Rapids MI
“Disappointing.....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2008

We came across this hotel on a "drive by"....we had traveled all day and just wanted an inexpensive hotel to sleep in for the night...and this just happened to be off highway 14 at Riverfront St Exit in Mankato. It was a MOTEL looking property, but looked cute, so we stopped in. The rate was low enough, so we agreed to stay. When we got into the room, at first I was impressed, the room was very small but absolutely adorable. The bed had a silk comforter, it was nicely decorated, there was a mini microwave, a mini fridge, large enough TV, small but cute bathroom...etc. THEN after being there for a few minutes and looking a bit further...there are a couple things I would have liked to have known BEFORE agreeing to stay. 1. Shower leaked all night...heard drip, drip, drip all night...had cold wet floor in morning. 2. No regulation of temperature...they have base board electric heating and to turn it on for a little heat, gets mighty hot....and the air conditioner unit in the window was not working...so we had no way to cool down. No screens in windows to open them. We roasted all night. 3. Partying...sometimes you expect this at motel like properties...but the walls were so thin here...we heard voices all night and cars starting and turning off, cans opening, lighters flicking...you name it we heard it...and they were going all night long. I fell asleep at 230am...but my boyfriend didnt sleep a wink. When I told the owner in the morning...she said she would look into it and gave me the impression that she knew them. 3. Decor...comforter at closer look was tore up all over the place. Shower floor and walls were not even connected, like the floor sunk in (I dont know how this was possible...but hey, whatever, the shower DID work). On and on.

If you happen to visit the web site.....it is NOTHING like what they have on their page...that is a JOKE. Total misrepresentation!! They show a shower head that is shiney silver with bright walls...and you actually get a beat up old lime encrusted shower head with dark milti color tile walls that is about 2.5 ft wide, by 2.5 feet deep, and 6.5 feet tall....there is a Family Dollar type "body wash" jug in the shower that all guests can share and use (ummm no thanks!)....the soap is also one that you share with others.
Their photo shows a 5 star like clean crisp hotel bed with a strawberry on top......and guess what? Your bedding is NOT white and there definately will not be a strawberry on the bed.

I will thank management...as they are supposedly refunding our nights stay....but I would encourage them to change a couple things if they ever wanted my business back.

Anyway...I guess I am saying....next time...I'd "drive by" and skip right over this one, until they make a few changes.

• Liked — that I thought it was going to be so nice and cute and I was so excited!
  • Disliked — that there wre too many disappointments once we got settled.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

1 review from our community

Been to Riverfront Inn? Share your experiences!