“Absolutely fantastic!! We will definitely be going back :-) It was absolutely perfect!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quarry Walk Lodges

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Freehay
Quarry Walk Lodges
You added Quarry Walk Lodges to your Saves list
Coppice Lane, Freehay, Cheadle ST10 1RQ, England   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

I had planned a trip to Quarry Walk lodges as a surprise for my boyfriend as it was his birthday and everything was perfect and exceeded all my expectations. We stayed for 2 nights in the woodpecker lodge and could have stayed a lot longer.
We arrived to a very warm welcome from Angela who is the manager and who i have had numerous phone calls and emails with due to me planning it as a surprise. She was lovely and very friendly. She explained exactly where our lodge was and we had no difficulty finding it.

As we pulled up next to our lodge, Andrew who is the other manager was there to greet us and show us around. He was there with a Park worker and they had just finished sorting out our hot tub which had been freshly filled. Andrew then showed u around our lodge where we would be staying for the weekend and all my boyfriend could say was 'wow'! It was incredible. So spacious and it had everything you could possibly need for relaxing and cooking- fresh towels, kitchen appliances (even a dishwasher), clean bedding. I couldn't have wished for it to be any better. We were shown in all the cupboards so we knew where everything was andshown how to use the hot tub :-)

Within minutes of Andrew leaving, a squirrel came and sat right next to our hot tub with us sat on the chairs outside... even though you are amongst other lodges... you are not all squashed into one area and there is plenty of nature around you making it a very calm and quiet place which is exactly what i hoped for.

The whole weekend was perfect. It was romantic, chilled, quiet and relaxing. My boyfriend loved it which made all the planning worth while. We have some great memories and photographs and can't wait to go back.

The bed was incredibly comfy. The entire lodge was very, very clean and tidy. Everything had its place. You honestly couldn't ask for more.

Even as we left, one of the guys asked us if we had a nice stay and helped us through the barrier as we had already handed the keys in. Angela has had a lot of criticism on here but she is a very nice lady. I have a lot of health problems so therefore i had a lot of questions as i have a specific diet and needs. Angela answered every question helping as much as she could and that totally put me at ease about our stay. Andrew was very very helpful and very welcoming also.

It was nice to be given the keys and just be able to have a fab weekend. We were just left to our own devices and it was brilliant. Even though one day it rained, we were still able to sit in the hot tub as you are sheltered and just watch the world go by.

The only problem with our stay was that the weather wasn't warm enough but that didn't stop us going for a walk and a picnic and that i didn't book more days!!!!

I highly recommend Quarry Walk Lodges. You will have an amazing time! Me and my boyfriend will definitely be going back and have already started saving for an even longer stay. We can't wait to go back (hopefully for a week).

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

My partner and son aged 6 stayed at Quarry Walk in May 2011. The lodge was fantastic as was the hot tub. The staff were really helpful. Had a slight problem with the flat screen tv on arrival, however, Mr Fix IT sorted this within a half hour of our arrival. Great location and base for Alton Towers.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

We came to Quarry walk to Have a 3 night Stay in the Fox Lodges! i Booked my Lodge in Jan Costing Our Group £345. There was 6 people coming away on our Trip. Getting Excited to be going Away i decided to have a look on the Internet of the Reviews of the Place.. There Seemed to be Alot about age and Under 25s were not Aloud..As i Visited Quarry Walk Last Year twice i thought people must have got it Wrong. After going on the Website and Reading the Terms and Conditions it was Right what people were saying. As i am only 20 years old i rang Quarry walk to Explain that there was only 2 people in our Group of 6 that were over the age of 25 and they said that was fine and to come ahead Anyways! i asked if they could send me this over in an E-Mail just incase we had any problems when we Arrived, They said everthing would be fine and that they were look forward to seeing us. a week or so Later i got a phone Call asking the same Question "are everybody in your Group over the Age of 25" Confused i Explained to the Lady which was in Fact the Manger Angela ( not a very Nice Lady if i do Say) After 4 phone Calls later they said it was fine to come ahead and sent me an E-Mail to Confirm..
i still Felt very Nervous that there might be a Problem when we got there..
1 week before we were going to Quarry walk 2 of ours friends from Manchester asked if they could come and Visit us while there as they were going to come to Alton Towers the Next Day- we never thought it would be a problem.

finally the day had arrived and we got to Quarry walk after driving 4 and a half hours everything was fine. the man came and showed us round the Cabin and showed us how everything worked. once he had done this we went and met the rest of our friends at tesco about 8 miles away.
we were having a great time in the hot tub when a man and a women come down the side of our cabin they were Actually staff that worked at Quarry walk - they Told us to keep the Noise down as it was travelling down the Park when i asked what time it was i got told that it didnt matter what time it was and they went off. When looking at the Time it was 9.15! about half an our later we got another Visit off the Quarry walk staff asking who had booked the Cabin and that 2 people had to leave because there was 8 of us and not 6. i asked what time they had to leave by and i got Told NOW. as we were in abit of a situation because everybody had been drinking Alochol. i said to the Group hopefully if we go in side and keep the noise down it would be ok. after Tiding the outside and putting the Lid back on the Hot tub we carried our Break inside within 25minutes of coming inside all the Electric and Gas went off. not being able to see a thing we used our Phones as Lights to Try and Find the fuse box as we had an Electrician within the Group. we soon come to realise that the Electric had been turned off from outside the Cabin. 1 Guess who had done that..
so me and 1 other girl had a walk up to the main office to see if we could find anybody. nobody was anywhere to be seen, on the door of the office it says Wardens on Duty Touring Pitch 11. so me and my other friend had the Task of finding Touring Pitch number 11. once finding it we were stood outside the Caravan saying Hello Hello and Nobody came out . thinking we might of just been standing outside of somebody elses carvan who was on Holiday we walked Back to Our Pitch Black Cabin. Thinking there was nothing we could do we all went to bed.
Waking up to a Horrible Smell in the Morning we went into the kitchen were we opening the Fridge to £50s worth of Off Meat.. FANTASTIC!!
once finding a Phone That still had Charge we drove up and Off the site to somewhere we had signal and Rang the Quarry walk phone it was the Manger that answered. i explained the Problem and he said he didnt no what i was talking about and said that all of us had to leave the Site by 10.00 oclock.. after getting them to come and talk to me Face to Face and not over the Phone they said we had to Leave the Site because we Had Broke to Terms and Condition sure these must be the Terms and Conditions that they had broke when i had told them that i was infact 20 and not 25 and they still said we could come and Stay??
after talking for atleast another 30 mins they agreed to come and turn the Electric back on still saying we had to leave by 10.00. when asking how much money we would get back they said nothing and if i wanted the money back i had to get a Solictor(Very Nice Customer Service)
we Left the Cabin by 10.00 as asked thinking we still might of a chance of getting some money back.
we never got anything back and had to all chip in for another place to stay for the Next 2 nights which cost us £384 aswell as the £345 we had already paid

i would never advise anybody to come to Quarry Walk unless they can see in the Dark!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Northampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

I booked this cabin so myself, my partner, my sister and her husband could spend a quiet weekend away with our dogs. I had checked the internet intently before attempting to book as it was important that we were able to bring our 2 small dogs with us. After calling a few times and having a few hassles with dates etc we finally managed to book.

I was less than impressed on arrival when I went to the reception to be 'greeted' by the coldest woman I have ever met. Immediately she snapped asking how many dogs we had with us, so I confirmed 2 as per the booking. After scowling at me for a few short moments she informed that they had a strict one dog per cabin rule. I obviously disputed this and she advised that she would need to consult with her husband. I informed the rest of my party and then we took the dogs for a short walk as they had been in the car for a few hours. My sister came in with me after about half an hour (assuming that this would be ample time to resolve such a mess) and the delightful (please note sarcasm implied) advised that she hadn't looked in to it yet. So after checking the details on my phone etc again I informed her that on the website there is nothing to support her 'one dog' per cabin rule which she denied so I challenged her to check the website which she did and she confirmed exactly what I had previously said. After about an hour the mess was sorted and we were granted access to the cabin with the blame been passed to ex employee.

We were left to our own devices to find the cabin which was quite difficult considering none of them are sign posted. Once inside the cabin we were all pleasantly surprised. It was modern, clean and had everything that we needed. The bbq outside near the hot tub was fantastic and very relaxing. My only criticism of the hot tub was that it seemed in order to keep it clean they used far too much chlorine which irritated all of our skins but at least we knew it was clean.

Overall I enjoyed my time at Quarry walk for the surroundings and the actual cabins but the woman on reception was lacking some serious customer service skills and some basic human ones as well.

Room Tip: Only take one dog per cabin!!!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Maidstone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

Having read some of the reviews for earlier on in the year I was a little worried but needn't have been! On arrival we spoke to a very friendly member of staff who directed us to our lodge and provided us with the remotes and key. Shortly after we arrived at the lodge another friendly staff member showed us how the hot tub and heating worked. The lodge itself was squirrel 2 and was very cosy and clean. The bedrooms were quite small and lacked plug sockets but the beds were very comfortable and the kitchen had everything we needed. The bathroom was a walk in wet room which served its purpose well enough although the drainage was slow and the mop and bucket provided were certainly needed on a few occasions. The hot tub was lovely, cleaned daily and set at 33 degrees. Overall a lovely holiday, take no notice of the bad reviews, this is a lovely place to stay, very peaceful and tranquil, I would definitely recommend these lodges and will be returning!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
england
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

I had booked the Badger Lodge 2 for a relaxing weekend with my Husband, my sister and her partner. We had specifically chosen Quarry Lodge has the website had stated it was dog friendly. We actually booked over the phone to ensure that they were able to take two small dogs with us, the answer was yes and we paid extra for the dogs.

On arrival we were told that we would not be able to stay at the lodge as they had a strict 'one dog' to a cabin rule. As you can imagine after travelling on a hot day with a packed car and two dogs i was less than impressed. What was most shocking was the attitude of the woman on reception, she was just, well......... very rude. If this was the situation she could have handled it with a lot more warmth and tact, after all we had already paid the £400 for the weekend.

My sister drew attention to the fact that this ' one dog ' policy wasn't highlighted on the internet and infact that we booked by phone five months ago and clearly stressed there were two dogs and no issue was raised. At this point the receptionist told us the manager had taken our call five months ago and there was no way she would of agreed to two dogs, so basically we were lying. At this point i became abrupt myself and the receptionist made the decision to let us stay, lucky us!

The cabin was beautiful lots of room, modern with everything you needed. The hot tub was relaxing and fun. Of an evening it warm enough to bbq and sit out with a glass of wine very relaxing.
Overall the start of the holiday was tense due to the craziness at reception i have travelled all over the world and i have never come across rudeness like this, it was like meeting the female Basil Faulty! But once we were in the cabin we relaxed and really enjoyed our time. I'm sure if you only have 'one dog' there wouldn't be an isuue.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

Arrived Friday afternoon to be greeted by very friendly staff, who checked us into our log cabin for the weekend, within 30 minutes a member of staff arrived at our cabin to explain all about the use of the facilities and our hot tub. Our squirrel log cabin was absolutely fabulous, 2 spacious bedrooms, but with 1 negative the mattress was very hard to sleep on, kitchen area was superb with all the modern facilities ( dishwasher, washing machine )
Well what can I say about the hot tub absolutely fantastic, really appreciated this after a full day in Alton towers,all of this contributed to a wonderful family break.

• Stayed May 2011

Been to Quarry Walk Lodges? Share your experiences!