We've recently returned from a 1 week stay at Arte & Mare Suites and had such a great stay in their family suite which provided ample room for my husband, myself and our 2 children.
The Suites are steps away from the gorgeous sandy beach which offered the perfect setting for our rugrats to run around and have fun. The beach is sandy (the longest on the island) but does have pebbles especially in the waters so watch your feet! The beach service is fantastic although pricey (we picked up multiple bottles of water from a mini market to save on cost) and as we were guests of the Suites we were able to nab the front row which offered super views and sun. The crowd too is by far the most friendly we've ever encountered and made many friends and contacts for the evenings we wanted to go out.
The food in the restaurant attached to the Suites is good (they offer a varied breakfast and the staff were really accommodating of the children) but we preferred the Elia restaurant for lunch which is slightly further up the beach (it gets busy around 3pm when everyone breaks for lunch) as the food was much more Mediterranean and much better priced.
The Suites itself has a gorgeous sea water pool and super comfy loungers that face into the sun (also offers shade if you prefer) and the staff were incredibly helpful especially when we needed to take our youngest to the doctor, translating where required.
The taxi situation isn't great but that's because there's only one firm on the island and not the fault of the Suites. We wanted to go out every night (the Suites kindly arranged a babysitter for us every evening - Despina who was incredible and our kids took to her so well) so we took the private number of a cabby on the first night and paid slightly more to be sure to get back. You can also get a ride into town from the Suites' mini bus which takes 3 trips into town and back each day.
Overall we were thoroughly happy with our stay and couldn't fault the customer service. Thanks to everyone at Arte & Mare who made our stay so welcoming.! xx
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brand new established in 2008 Arte&Mare Elia Suites is the only 5* SPA hotel in Mykonos so close to the beach as our entrance is only 20m from the golden sand of Elia beach,the no1 largest beach in Mykonos Island.It is a Boutique Spa Hotel that consists of unique, exclusive suites of 5 different kinds:Junior - Superior -Family- Executive-PresidentialEach suite distinguishes itself by its distinctive decoration, refined colors&stylish furniture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Arte & Mare Elia Mykonos Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arte & Mare Elia Mykonos Hotel Mykonos
- Arte And Mare Elia Mykonos Suites