When my girlfriend and i had started planning our vacation for the few days we get off for Thanksgiving weekend, i had never imagined that a ski resort in upper Minnesota would even be in the running!
The drive upto Eagle ridge is absolutely beautiful and lots to do on the way there. Make sure you stop at Bettys pies for a slice of some baked delicious goodness! Our stay at Eagle ridge though short was a lot of fun. We had gotten a great weekend deal with free lift tickets and 1/2 off on rentals. Slopes open at 9 and stay open till 4pm. a decent bunny slope to get ur bearings and then some good runs for intermediate and pros.
Contrary to some reviews, Papa Charlies is actually a decent place to go at night for a drink or some food. Bar tender knew his drinks and was friendly. If you dont find anything within the resort, Tofte is just 8 miles down the road and Grand Marais is 20 miles north. Make sure you pick up the coupon book thats spread around the resort, some good deals in there too. An indoor/outdoor pool was available for use as well!
Only gripe i had about the trip was the pillows for our bed we like planks. Thin and too rigid. Would've liked more cushy pillows but im sure if we had asked for them they would've provided.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eagle Ridge has 75 slope-side studios and condominiums set amidst the peaceful Sawtooth Mountains where guests play by day and relax by night. Each of our units have been designed to complement the natural beauty of the surrounding Superior National Forest and of Lake Superior; stunning views of both are right outside your door. All rooms feature a gas fireplace and patio overlooking the mountains and Poplar River valley along with refrigerator, microwave and TV/DVD. Many rooms have a whirlpool and all of our condos have a full kitchen. While you're here, enjoy the only indoor/outdoor heated pool on the mountain (heated year-round), whirlpool and sauna, and in the summer the campfire pit is a great place to build a fire and make s'mores! Pet reservations are accepted between Mid-April - October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Eagle Ridge at Lutsen Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eagle Ridge At Lutsen Mountain Hotel Lutsen
- Eagle Ridge Hotel Lutsen
- Eagle Ridge Resort Lutsen