I have been to Eagle Ridge many times over the past 20 years and have enjoyed it every time. Eagle Ridge is a no-nonsense unpretentious resort hotel that offers large, comfortable accommodations at a very reasonable price. No, this is not 5-star, but it doesn't pretend to be. But you get more than your money's worth. I recommend the 1-bedroom condo for the most room because you have a true separation of sleeping quarters from the rest of the accommodation and you have a full kitchen with full sized stove, refrigerator/freezer, and dishwasher. Every room no matter the size has a private deck that overlooks the valley and the mountains across it. The rooms are clean and the furniture and fixtures all in great condition. The staff is very friendly and helpful.
People should be aware that the various buildings on site are built into the hillside, so you need to do a good deal of walking and much of it up and down slopes. I think it is part of the places charm, but other people may not like it. But that is true of the whole area, it is a ridge among valleys and mountains. The views are spectacular and so are the hiking, and canoeing. Eagle Ridge is the best stay on the north shore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eagle Ridge has 75 slope-side studios and condominiums set amidst the peaceful Sawtooth Mountains where guests play by day and relax by night. Each of our units have been designed to complement the natural beauty of the surrounding Superior National Forest and of Lake Superior; stunning views of both are right outside your door. All rooms feature a gas fireplace and patio overlooking the mountains and Poplar River valley along with refrigerator, microwave and TV/DVD. Many rooms have a whirlpool and all of our condos have a full kitchen. While you're here, enjoy the only indoor/outdoor heated pool on the mountain (heated year-round), whirlpool and sauna, and in the summer the campfire pit is a great place to build a fire and make s'mores! Pet reservations are accepted between Mid-April - October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Eagle Ridge at Lutsen Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eagle Ridge At Lutsen Mountain Hotel Lutsen
- Eagle Ridge Hotel Lutsen
- Eagle Ridge Resort Lutsen