We stayed here for a skiing trip in late January. Check in was fast and efficient. Our room was in Building E on the first floor. The room was clean and fairly spartan: the carpet looked new, there was a gas fireplace, flat screen tv, DVD player, tiny microwave and fridge, and small bathroom. This may be unique to our room, but the pipes squealed loudly when we took showers and water pressure was low. Wireless did not work in our room, which we were warned about at check in. They suggested that we use the PC in the lobby or bring our laptop to the lobby. In another building, there is an indoor-outdoor pool, sauna and hot tub. No food or beverages are allowed in that area--disappointing--but guests ignored the policy. We noticed that the walls of the hot tub are in need of repair.
We stayed when Lutsen resort was fairly empty, so cannot comment on crowds or noise during a normal skiing season. The service at the ski resort was great. At Eagle Ridge, not so much. First, beware their cancellation policy. We booked hotel and lift tickets as a package. If you cancel within 2 weeks of your reservation, there is zero refund. With no natural snow this winter and many slopes closed, we were pretty ticked off. Second, after our first day of skiing, we discovered that the cleaning crew had left our room unlocked, and uncleaned. They made the bed, but no towels were changed and nothing was clean. Nothing was taken, thankfully. We reported this to the front desk. From then on, the room was locked but we noticed that the cleaning crew does not clean, they merely make the bed, refill the in-room coffee, and will replace towels if you ask.
Friends of ours stayed at the Caribou Highlands and liked it, so we will try there next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eagle Ridge has 75 slope-side studios and condominiums set amidst the peaceful Sawtooth Mountains where guests play by day and relax by night. Each of our units have been designed to complement the natural beauty of the surrounding Superior National Forest and of Lake Superior; stunning views of both are right outside your door. All rooms feature a gas fireplace and patio overlooking the mountains and Poplar River valley along with refrigerator, microwave and TV/DVD. Many rooms have a whirlpool and all of our condos have a full kitchen. While you're here, enjoy the only indoor/outdoor heated pool on the mountain (heated year-round), whirlpool and sauna, and in the summer the campfire pit is a great place to build a fire and make s'mores! Pet reservations are accepted between Mid-April - October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Eagle Ridge at Lutsen Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eagle Ridge At Lutsen Mountain Hotel Lutsen
- Eagle Ridge Hotel Lutsen
- Eagle Ridge Resort Lutsen